Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Hondata CPR

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hondata CPR

Originally Posted by locash
Jaker, would you like the starting weight before machining, or after?
After of course. And after anodizing (black or orange please).
Old 06-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update on the "official" release date? All I've seen is June.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

May be a bit longer, they were still working on getting the harnesses finished up when I was there yesterday.. Assuming that goes well, I would bet that in the next week or two..

Shipped a few billet caps to a few guys as well this week, we'll see how they like them!
Old 06-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^Well shoot you should of snagged me one then !. Thanks for reminding me, I need to place an order with you for a billet cap.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Amen? We arent in church here, nor are you rooting for some sort of Chinese HID kit that does nothing for performance. <-- cheap shot on my part, just trying to lighten the mood, lol.
HOMO how is that for lightening the mood!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm positive that I am heterosexual. Also, Hondata's new packaging is a lot nicer than the old blue boxes!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NAH2B
im w/ Joe on this. i just dont see the real advantage if your still relying on the distributor as the trigger.

make it work w/o the dizzy and im in
x2. i don't really see the benefit of this. have made over 800 on a digital 6 with a hvc2 a while back, and just under 1000 with a pro10 w/ ps92 coil.

it's a cool concept, but without individual cylinder control, this seems more like a cool way to spend some money, i mean who cares about retaining the distributor, the pickup's aren't the weak link

. don't get me wrong, Hondata offers some great products, I still prefer a good old s300 over most of what else is on the market.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by a1320addict
x2. i don't really see the benefit of this. have made over 800 on a digital 6 with a hvc2 a while back, and just under 1000 with a pro10 w/ ps92 coil.

it's a cool concept, but without individual cylinder control, this seems more like a cool way to spend some money, i mean who cares about retaining the distributor, the pickup's aren't the weak link

. don't get me wrong, Hondata offers some great products, I still prefer a good old s300 over most of what else is on the market.
I believe locash has made over 800hp with S300 and the CPR kit, and NO CDI. Seems like this is a good and cheaper alternative to a msd or m&w setup.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You're telling me that you would rather run MSD products than OEM Honda coils and a Hondata coil pack controller? With the MSD, you're still running one coil, and then have to hope it has enough charge time between firing every cylinder, compared to four coils being able to recharge once per engine cycle, instead of once per quarter engine cycle.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You're telling me that you would rather run MSD products than OEM Honda coils and a Hondata coil pack controller? With the MSD, you're still running one coil, and then have to hope it has enough charge time between firing every cylinder, compared to four coils being able to recharge once per engine cycle, instead of once per quarter engine cycle.
never have understood how one coil can charge that fast .
Old 06-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ask fisher how fast his coil charges
Old 06-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SPOOLINmatt
never have understood how one coil can charge that fast .
It doesn't, if you have ever looked at the power output curve of a coil it drops significantly as the rpm's rise. Even MSD shows this on their site. Nothing can't beat a sequential coil on plug setup. Hell even gay batch firing is better than just one coil.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There are a couple record holders with 3500hp turbo pro mods reving plenty high with a single coil lighting 8 cylinders on alcohol. I love coil on plug set ups but it is not needed to go fast. Hondata's new kit is awesome but if your car is running fine then be happy with what you have.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

can you still run a MSD digital 6 or any ignition amplifier? for people that want that option.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rudebwoy
can you still run a MSD digital 6 or any ignition amplifier? for people that want that option.
you have to the box meant for COP. Not sure what works.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My basic understanding was you would need something like the M&W 4 channel box.. ie standard pro14. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was mentioning the MSD, as stated this was years ago, just to confirm it can be done on basic hardware. Everything since has been M+W, the MSD was used when it was one of the better alternatives out there.

Hondata CPR w/ box/coils/seals = $708
M+W Pro10 = $849

All I'm saying is, if it ain't broke...don't fix it. I'm putting one on a customer's car this week who as of right now is on stock ignition, and I'm sure it will be a hassle free and good option. But I just don't feel the benefits truly outweigh what else is out there, especially since it's been working...without issues.

It IS a good option for users who don't have an ignition setup on the car, but at the same token..obviously COP is a better method over a single coil, but I don't feel the actual benefits of having individual coils are obtained with this. I'm not bashing it at all, I'm looking forward to using it...just sharing my thoughts.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by twkdCD595
My basic understanding was you would need something like the M&W 4 channel box.. ie standard pro14. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
You can add a 4 channel box like the pro14 but it is not needed to run the CPR kit.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You're telling me that you would rather run MSD products than OEM Honda coils and a Hondata coil pack controller?
Yes.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 01DC4
You can add a 4 channel box like the pro14 but it is not needed to run the CPR kit.
Understood, my reply was directly to the question of could you run an amplifier for people who wanted that option... a post or 2 up from my reply. Probably should have quoted it so it was more clear.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DRAGLS
Yes.
You must have a lot better luck with the poor quality of MSD parts than everyone I know.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

May be a bit longer, they were still working on getting the harnesses finished up when I was there yesterday.. Assuming that goes well, I would bet that in the next week or two..

Shipped a few billet caps to a few guys as well this week, we'll see how they like them!
Placed order as of today Thanks!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JonathonTheZombie
Placed order as of today Thanks!
Better order some coils too, James said he doesn't have any.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You must have a lot better luck with the poor quality of MSD parts than everyone I know.
I have never had a single issue with msd products. I think it comes down to the quality of
the installation and location.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you'll be the first to know!!

*anxiously awaits CPR shipment*

Quick Reply: Hondata CPR