Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Friday Test-N-Tune at California Dragway

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friday Test-N-Tune at California Dragway

I just spoke with Bob Klein at Irwindale Dragstrip who said that they will be under noise abatement sound measuring on Thursday October 21 so:

NO UNMUFFLED CARS WILL BE PERMITTED THROUGH TECH AT IRWINDALE DRAGSTRIP!

However, I spoke with Dave Danish at California Dragway and Mel Roth with PSCA. All cars, with open headers or whatever WILL BE ALLOWED AT THE FONTANA 1/4 mile for their Test-n-tune on Friday October 22. They will be setting up the PSCA Event for the weekend, but there will be time for anyone who pays the $20 entry fee and $10 per crew member to test their Sport Compact on Friday. Gates open on Friday at 10:00 AM

http://www.californiaspeedway....y.jsp

Old 10-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Friday Test-N-Tune at California Dragway (Darr_Hawthorne)

what is the psca? so if i understand its just your standard test n tune on friday at cali speedway with openheader/no exhaust allowed?
Old 10-20-2004, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Friday Test-N-Tune at California Dragway (Sp00n'd Supra)

Pacific Street Car Association has it's Fall Nationals meet this weekend at California Dragway

PSCA is having an open Test-n-tune and have offered space for any Sport Compact racers who need to test for Pomona. Open headers, turbos, nitrous, mufflers, whatever exhaust you got... test it on Friday!
Old 10-21-2004, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Friday Test-N-Tune at California Dragway (Sp00n'd Supra)

Another reminder for you guys

http://dragracingonline.com/ag....html
Old 10-21-2004, 04:50 PM

The PSCA is a pretty kick-*** sanctioning body that does all kind of "heads-up" racing...they even have rules that allow four-bangers to race. I ran a race earlier in the year and had a pretty good time.

I'm all over the T&T at Fontana tomorrow. :D Hell, I may even be running the race...unlike NHRA, at least PSCA likes four-cylinders...LOL

http://www.pscaracing.com
Old 10-21-2004, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Friday Test-N-Tune at California Dragway (gio_momma)

Gio,

Good luck at the PSTA event. We will be kicking some real *** at the NHRA Pomona WORLD FINALS.

By the way, what do you race? I have a four cylinder and I race at NHRA>>>
Old 10-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I might try to make it out there for a couple of shakedown runs before Pomona. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is registration or insurance needed on the cars? track cars OK?
Old 10-22-2004, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Friday Test-N-Tune at California Dragway (Big Boss Man)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Big Boss Man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Gio,

Good luck at the PSTA event. We will be kicking some real *** at the NHRA Pomona WORLD FINALS.

By the way, what do you race? I have a four cylinder and I race at NHRA&gt;&gt;&gt;</TD></TR></TABLE>

I *used* to race Modified in NHRA, but my (existing, been running it for four years) combo got banned (after they told me last year they wouldn't)...it has an aftermarket head and block (totally production-based Esslinger stuff, stock bore centers, etc.). The Salupra runs 7.20-7.30...and they ban the 8.30 four-banger...

I'm on the fence about whether to go to Pomona or Fontana... my heart in in Pomona, been racing that event since 97 or 98 (PIRA), but ...I can actually race a heads-up class in Fontana. Fontana pays about 2500-2800 with contigencies for a win (for me at least), while the "Quick 16" bracket at Pomona pays $500 with no contingency (for me at least...all the sportsman stuff is more "bling-bling"-oriented).

The powers that be at NHRA haven't decided if they're going to let four-bangers with aftermarket parts run in Modified yet...maybe they're worried that they'd have to learn how to spell a new name or two...LOL...it's just simpler when you have one car running the class, you can write the story ahead of time.

Old 10-22-2004, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Friday Test-N-Tune at California Dragway (TGARCIARACING)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TGARCIARACING &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is registration or insurance needed on the cars? track cars OK?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No. It's just a regular racetrack for the weekend...just like everywhere...not like Street Legals.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Friday Test-N-Tune at California Dragway (gio_momma)

Looking forward to going out to Fontana tonight to check out some pre-NHRA stuff for tomarrow. I can't wait, this is gonna be a good weekend.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Friday Test-N-Tune at California Dragway (stealthmode62)

i got there at 8 and was turned away because tech was closed. I was stuck in traffic for 2 hours coming from LA. i missed tech by like 15 or 20 minutes. Guess I will have to do my shakedowns at pomona.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Friday Test-N-Tune at California Dragway (fasthatch89)

me too, good luck tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do they have test n tunes every friday night? ive been thinkin the only time i could go was the next street legal drags which is the 13th of next month...
Old 10-23-2004, 07:18 AM

Default Re: (LsVtec92Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LsVtec92Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do they have test n tunes every friday night? ive been thinkin the only time i could go was the next street legal drags which is the 13th of next month...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Check the California Dragway schedule online, although it looks like construction will begin toward the end of November. The top end is being dug-up for a new level surface, the starting line is moving back and the tower is moving behind the starting line. The parent company, ISC Motorsports is investing a chunk of money into the improvements, it's going to be a new place to race next year.

California Dragway, the first professional dragstrip to be built in SoCal in over 30 years... and run by good people.

It should be a great weekend, good luck in Pomona this weekend! We'll be there to cover the event.