Dov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bullish Racing Press Release!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Bullish Racing Communications
(201) 342-8374
pr@bullishmotorracing.com

BULLISH RACING CONFIRMS IMPORT-POWERED DRAGSTER PLANS

HACKENSACK, New Jersey (February 10, 2005) - In their first major announcement of the year, 2004 NDRA XBOX Cup Champions Bullish Motor Racing confirmed plans for a major addition to the team’s competition arsenal today. With a 262-inch wheelbase, the newest ‘Bull’ that will storm the quarter-mile this year will not look anything like the team’s multiple-championship winning StreetGlow-sponsored Solara door slammer. In fact, the new car will have no doors; instead, team owner and driver Ara Arslanian will have to step over metal paneled rails to get to the seat of the Bullish Racing Dragster.

During the 2004-2005 off-season, the team quietly took delivery of a new Top Alcohol-based rail chassis dragster from C&F Racecars – the same chassis shop that built the team’s tube-chassis Solaras twins – and is on schedule to debut the import-powered dragster this season. While a more detailed announcement of the specs and particulars of Bullish’s competition plans for the dragster will be issued at a later date, Arslanian – a two time repeat NDRA Champion – is confident that the confirmation of the dragster program will at least quench some of the rumors of the program that had been circulating increasingly among some circles.

“This sport has always been about breaking new barriers and we think that we will be doing just that with the Bullish Racing dragster,” said Arslanian. “Like we did when we campaigned the first six-speed Supra into the nines in 1999, and the first sport compact into the sixes in 2002, we expect the Dragster to be a number of other ‘firsts’ – including a surprise in the powerplant that will be sitting in the rails behind me. The Bullish Racing Dragster represents the next level of sport compact drag racing and we’re all extremely excited about it.”

While the team is currently not releasing any information beyond confirming the dragster and Arslanian as the driver, Arslanian is quick to acknowledge he was not the vision behind the Dragster program. That credit goes to the team’s long time clutch tuner, Elias “Loui” Aspras. Aspras has been a dragster fan ever since he saw one storm the Englishtown quarter mile track in 4 seconds back in May of 1986 and spearheaded the team’s program.

“The Bullish Racing Dragster program is 100% Loui’s brainchild. I am honored that he’s entrusted the team to help carry out his dream, and myself with the driving duties. It just further proves what a special and unique team of individuals we have at Bullish. With the continuation of our ProRWD/Pro Compact StreetGlow Solara program, the addition of the Dragster, and a few more upcoming announcements - the Bullish Racing Team is set for a very big year.”

Arslanian has driven the team’s tube-chassis, full body StreetGlow Solara to a 6.73 best E.T at over 207 mph in 2004 and plans call for the Dragster to have a much higher level of performance. The team has garnered an unprecedented four NDRA and NHRA category championships in the course of three years since the debut of their Solara program in 2001. Bullish is expected to release full details on the dragster as well as their continuing StreetGlow Solara program soon.

About Bullish Motor Racing
Bullish Motor Racing, based in Hackensack, New Jersey, is a premier professional sport compact drag racing team competing in both the NHRA and NDRA sport compact drag racing series. Owner/driver Ara Arslanian competes in a tube-framed Toyota Solara powered by a 1,600 horsepower production-based, turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-6 engine. In the past three years, the team has amassed an unprecedented 4 championships with their third consecutive NDRA Championship coming last year. In addition to the national titles, the team also currently holds and has held quarter mile ET and MPH world records in the NHRA and the NDRA, as well as numerous track records. http://www.bullishmotorracing.com

Old 02-11-2005, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (Dov)

nice
Old 02-11-2005, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

glad to see they are finally going to run that thing...........Loui i'm sure is so happy to finally see it happen!

I cant wait to see it go down the track!
Old 02-11-2005, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (jerseykid609)

i don't know if its just me but i don't care for rail based dragsters, i know it'll run some nice numbers but it doesn't seem to relate to our sport just yet.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (matz03)

Nice good luck ara cant wait to see this thing run. Do I hear side by side low 6 second passes in the future?
Old 02-11-2005, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (Phil@SFP.net)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil@SFP.net &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice good luck ara cant wait to see this thing run. Do I hear side by side low 6 second passes in the future?</TD></TR></TABLE>

They seem to be building a better motor from the release, but even if you just threw in their old stuff, I think they would be more ambitious than that.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 02-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (AVRh22EG)

That class should really start to pick up. I know of several import powered rails just here in Indianapolis that are already running.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (4piston)

I can't wait to see the times they run once they get it sorted out.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (crx12)

Bullish for steppin the game up. I like to see innovators and leaders. Its time to take import drag racing to another level.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (f@sth@tch89)

for BULLISH Racing
Old 02-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (n-boost)

Kudo's to Ara and the Crew! See you guys in Arizona for the NDRA openner!!

Cats out of the Bag, now everyone is itching to see the beast go!!
Old 02-11-2005, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release!

for bullish on this dragster deal! i can't wait to hear what kind of powerplant it'll have.

import drag racing with rails has been around for decades, most recently with aftermarket vw-based flat-four motors, running on both asphalt and sand.

last weekend in vegas, there was a new flat-four rail making shakedown 330ft passes, i guess the car is running 30% nitro... they are supposed to be out at the psca race for more testing, along with another flat-four car that's run 6.80 on alcohol... 6.53 is the current record for those cars, i'd love to see 'em mix it up with that new bullish rail.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:33 PM

Old 02-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (cockrumracing)

Way to go Bullish!Like to see some 5.s
Old 02-11-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (matz03)

There is a VW rail that I have seen run in exhibition,I think it did 6's, VR6 turbo rail I believe?
Old 02-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (Joel M.)

Look at that, Joel Mandl on HT...
Old 02-11-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (tony1)

Yea I've been meaning to register for a while now. Plus I need to get my fix somehow.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:56 PM

Old 02-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Welcome to H-T Joel!

Its been a few months......lol
Old 02-11-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (ProStock MaMa)

the vw paradise aircooled turbo has run 6.7 at over 202(1/8 mile record of 4.25@169), eserini vr6 turbo ran 7's at 170 . rail's are nothing new to imports, just new to japanese imports.

I like the ideas of rails at the races and look forward to seeing the bullish rail
Old 02-12-2005, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This dragster is so impressive in person (Bullish) looking at a rail with a big'ol turbo hanging out the side looked so cool...I think fans are really going to love seeing this thing run.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (HEAD)

SICK!
Old 02-12-2005, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (Joel M.)

joel loves the ****!!! godd luck Ara you better start flexing cause the season starts soon
Old 02-12-2005, 08:55 AM
SYD
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bullish Racing Press Release! (adrenalinjunkie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adrenalinjunkie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Way to go Bullish!Like to see some 5.s </TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: Bullish Racing Press Release!