Ahobbs, xRadio.biz Interview

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahobbs, xRadio.biz Interview

***UPDATE*** Listen to the show here:
http://hondoctors.com/index.php?opti...d=36&Itemid=66

Hey Guys, I'm pleased to announce that I'll be interviewing Antwaine Hobbs on my Import Racing Radio Show. The interview will be Wednesday, March 9th at 3pm PST. Tune in to www.xradio.biz Variety Channel to hear us live! Log in to the chat room and you can ask questions or comment on what we're talking about. Some of the topics we're going to cover include: his feature in Honda Tuning Magazine, new upgrades to his setup, race transmissions, and being a Moderator on Honda-Tech!

JRod

Last edited by Hondoctors; 03-09-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:41 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: Ahobbs, xRadio.biz Interview

Thanks for the opportunity looking forward to it. Hopefully my iphone4 doesn't own me.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:29 PM
HT White Ops

um ok..
Old 03-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool

j----rrrrodd! lol
Old 03-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Pretty-n-Pink

good stuff!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:16 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Originally Posted by SD_Lurker
um ok..
lol
Old 03-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

can't wait to hear it bro
Old 03-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 03-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dont hate me for this or ban me for this but i dont get it.

I understand so far that IRRS did interview people racing and doing their very best to step up the game and everything. like SF,miller,t1,lisa etc.

Ahobbs I got respect for you but when was the last time you dig into a race with a good PB? Last time you raced your car seems to limp out,even the burnout was a mess.

Last time I checked everyone else here has a positive move and really raising the bar.

Obviously,you cant drive the 600+whp, and we all know that you are upgrading everything.

Are you really a contender for this to have magazine features and radio show features?

We all know making power is the easy part,driving and having traction is another.

Again dont hate me for this, I'm not hating on you, just laying down the facts before...

But hey, still congrats and good luck, hope you can prove me wrong.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The scene isn't just all about who is the top racer on the track and who has had history in the past. This radio show is about our group of people that we see, hear and talk about everyday regardless if they have been racing for 10 years or is brand new to our scene. Don't be so one track minded and only look at it one way. Look at it as people who may have made a difference in our sport or just even someone interesting who has a good story to tell.

I don't exactly know what AHobbs will talk about but even though he isnt a racer who has traveled across the country or broken records. You may learn something about him that may benefit yourself.

Everyone is a fellow racer here. No one is above anyone and you may have put in your own blood sweat and tears that would be interesting to hear in itself. I'm not pointing the fingers at you Zero, I'm just saying that think outside the box and let's see what he has to say. Its like if they asked you to share your racing experiences and scene in the Philippines. You may not have necessarily have broken records, or made it in a magazine, but I would be really interested to hear your story out there whether or not you're the best of the best out there.

Maybe everyone is expecting just the top guys and the hype guys to be the ones that we hear about. Like I was saying, there's a story for everyone to hear. From life on the road with a race team like the Prayontoo racing crew to even just say SEMA coverage by an HT member. There's alot of angles and stories thats we need to hear to spice things up. It can't all be just hearing what Tony has to say or Miller has to say. It gets really old and boring that way.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe sir your are not getting my point also, I'm not bashing our mod here for the sake of bashing him, I dont intend to offend him in any personal way and I not will debate about this.

Well my story? hmmm this thead is not about me. But still, building cars here is tough, economy is down, 1$=45pesos. We import parts from you guys, personally I get most of of parts here at HT. Track condition is worst a hell though we have no limitations in turbo sizes or how "chop" a race car is, though we have min weight for it.
Well, I was one of the few before that started with all steel/all glass/full interior trim which was turbo charged daily driven, just slap on the mickey-race-go home scenario.
Best time we can muster was 11.2sec this was on 07

Now the record holder now is my team mate eg hb,610whp,10.9sec @145...Also this was set at 07 and till now no one was able to break it here in my country.

Again please take note of the conditions here, only the staging area has track bite and everything is pure asphalt.

Again this is just my opinion and I hope everyone can respect that.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:29 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Originally Posted by Zer0_SpeedWorks
I wouldn't ban you for your personal opinion. That doesnt violate any h-t rules.
I understand so far that IRRS did interview people racing and doing their very best to step up the game and everything. like SF,miller,t1,lisa etc.

Ahobbs I got respect for you but when was the last time you dig into a race with a good PB? Last time you raced your car seems to limp out,even the burnout was a mess.
Well to begin The car took a while to build becuase Im picky and I spent a lot of money. When it was done a defective clutch stopped me from running at my first even IFO Dallas in Nov of 2010 Sorry. I dont have any big PB's to show but I'm doing my best to race when my parts show up. I work very hard to pay for my parts and sometimes that doesnt come over night. I apologize that I may not be up to your standards. Not comparing myself to anyone just me. I was asked to be on the show, I asked why They told me and I said ok hopefully people wanna hear what i have to say. Once again I apologize that I was invited, If im bringing down the caliber of the show Im sorry. I really dont know what more to say about that

Last time I checked everyone else here has a positive move and really raising the bar.
Once again, I apologize that Im not up to your level of expectancy. I have my own thing I'm doing and unfortunatly I really dont care at all what others are doing. I just know what my power plant will do and I plan to compete.

Obviously,you cant drive the 600+whp, and we all know that you are upgrading everything.

Are you really a contender for this to have magazine features and radio show features?
Well All I can say to this is I hadnt been on the track for several years. 4 times down the track with a bad clutch and a crappy shifter was a little bit of a hinderance. Those are just Excuses though. Once again, I apologize that I was asked to be in the magazine and to be on the radio show. I'm not quit sure why My upgrades bother you or anyone else? Fortunately I worked for the upgrades (parts) and once again plan on being a contender. Sorry I'm not a big name person. I'm only me.
We all know making power is the easy part,driving and having traction is another.
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I have help in that area. I was told I will and It's going to work out great.

Again dont hate me for this, I'm not hating on you, just laying down the facts before...
No harm taken, I dont hate anyone, lifes to short and your entitled to what ever you feel. The only this I see is YOUR facts and not actual facts because you only see internet. That's ok though you can only see so much online.

But hey, still congrats and good luck,
thanks, This statement is awesome after reading everything

hope you can prove me wrong.
The only problem is I really have no desire to prove you wrong or anyone who claims to be the judge and jury of me. I have a desire to have a competing car and enjoy the hobby with lots of good people here in Texas. If the funds are there the car WILL be on the westcoast and the east coast showing love for the sport. I really appriciate your critizism. Thanks
Old 03-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

point taken lets move on...

no need to apologize nor debate...

we are doing our own thing...good luck again and congrats
Old 03-08-2011, 07:38 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ahobbs
The only problem is I really have no desire to prove you wrong or anyone who claims to be the judge and jury of me. I have a desire to have a competing car and enjoy the hobby with lots of good people here in Texas. If the funds are there the car WILL be on the westcoast and the east coast showing love for the sport. I really appriciate your critizism. Thanks
Old 03-08-2011, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by ahobbs
Thanks for the opportunity looking forward to it. Hopefully my iphone4 doesn't own me.
Congrats on the interview Antwaine. Can I call you during the interview?

xRadio.biz: Hi Antwaine glad to have you on the show.

Antwaine: Yo hold on man, I got a call I have to answer. I'll be right back.

haha
Old 03-08-2011, 08:40 PM
HT White Ops

But hey, still congrats and good luck, hope you can prove me wrong.
I didn't wanna say anything but this is my thoughts exactly. I liked the idea of the radio show but it appears to be taking a step in the wrong direction..
Old 03-08-2011, 09:00 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

You should have but the "umm ok" said it. You have the choice to listen or not. If you dont want to listen just wait till the next name you want to listen to then tune in. That's probably the easiest. Well If the show asked anyone else big or not big I personally will listen becuase I like what the show does for our industry. That's just me though.

I'm just thankful right now that You guys and anyone else do not make or break me. I cant wait to race this year.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SD_Lurker
I didn't wanna say anything but this is my thoughts exactly. I liked the idea of the radio show but it appears to be taking a step in the wrong direction..
I haven't heard the interview yet but I am looking forward to it. I don't understand why you guys want to say someone doesn't deserve to be interviewed. Obviously Ahobbs got magazine coverage and has a nice car along with an interesting story. I want to hear what he has to say about the sport. These interviews take place once every week or so right? I'm pretty sure many racers will have a chance to tell their interesting stories, and I'm ready to hear them.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:37 AM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He was asked to do the interview. How would he look if he said, No ?
Old 03-09-2011, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i also think that the radio interview idea is great for the sport. and so far the people that have been interviewed were very well chosen. this ahobbs inteview is like stated before, a step in the wrong direction. ahobbs, you can take this however you want. but not for nothing i really dont think you deserve the spotlight you have been getting. you got a car that has been "well built" by a "non driver". you put in your sig these spectular numbers but down the track you netted sub-par results. blame it on the "issues" you were having/delt. but a car with all the bells and whisltes such as yours and all the boosting that you do makes you more of a target of critcizem to the real racers. this isnt "hating" or whatever some may call it. also your so called "product review", worthless to say the least. posting a review with out a end result.....wtf is that? sounds to me like a sales pitch but i thought we werent allowed to do that right? or is it different because your a "mod"? your so called "raise to fame" has been built by the people you know rather than things you have done. no, you dont derseve this interview.

to Hondadoctors, i think what you are doing is great. please continue doing this for the sport. it desperately needs it for numerous reasons. but please be a little more selective on whom it is that you choose. nobody is going to tune in to listen to someone who is boosting about what it is they are "going" to do who hasnt done anything in the past to make their claim creditable. their is alot of people who are known racers with great stories and "clout" in the sport who deserve some spot light. im talking about people like Dynamic Performance, Tim Grey, Jake, Nah2b, Felix(would be great to hear what he has to say about stepping down from outlaw) TDauto, Jeff Evans, the Maryland guys or maybe even the grassroots racer who may not be the fastest but is accually go out and race not spectate.

this is my opinion.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My feelings tend to lean towards this ^^^ statement as well. I would like to add but I am not the best at explaining my feelings without sounding mean and hurtful... so I wont.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by d16z6Tcrx
im talking about people like Dynamic Performance, Tim Grey, Jake, Nah2b, Felix(would be great to hear what he has to say about stepping down from outlaw) TDauto, Jeff Evans, the Maryland guys or maybe even the grassroots racer who may not be the fastest but is accually go out and race not spectate.
I see the AHobbs interview as taking another viewpoint of our scene. Its a different outlook on what we do. Maybe he wants to share his journey to getting in a magazine and some may value that more than the next person.

Ya you can ask those racers listed above to get interviewed, but its going to go back the opinion of why they should be on the radio show. Some may not care about listening to those guys. And who is to say they have accomplished any better than the next guy. Everyone wants to hear the people that they follow or they are familiar about. But it all can't be that.
It's the same if we got a racer from the West that is a hard hitter over here, but not a Honda-Tech forum celebrity. Would you think they're worthy of the show? Probably not because you can care less about a person you dont really know about or don't follow.

If we got people like Junior Asprer, Dave Shih, Jeff Tirado, Charles Madrid, Kareem(forgot his last name, ), Andrew Yang, etc. Most of you wont even know who those people are. And probably could care less about their appearance on the show. But some of those people are significant to some of us in our racing lives and would be interesting for us to listen to.

In the end, no one is forcing anyone to listen to the show. The show's level of interest is all subjective and one person's excitement over the topic can be different from another's.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:50 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

I've already addressed most of these statements. If you guys see it as "fame" I'm sorry, all I've done is been asked to do things. I have never asked or thought partially I deserve anything. That's not my personality. I didnt expect everyone to agree or care for anything i have going on, but in some peoples eyes im doing something right. One thing you can't say is I'm not a "real racer" because my car is down. Product review threads, it's simple I saw the part was available and I bought it, just to let people know. I had no idea about the sock issue and reverse polarity on the areomotives and I thought it was good to let people know. And then yes I bought my dw pumps and did the same like I said in the thread results will come on the dyno.
I'm not sure what "boosting" of myself your referring to but that is once again something I dont do.

Thanks for the critiques, anyone else that has some go for it. I'm not bothered.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would like to share a different viewpoint...

I personally think that an AHobbs interview is a good thing for people just getting into the sport. There are people into this sport that are at all different stages of development. So many of you on h-t are far past the level of Hobbs and you look down thinking why him? But you forget about promoting the sport and how many of our cars and experience level that is below his. Those of us with less experience could have a lot to learn and be interested to hear his trials while attempting to get going in this competitive sport. He may have struggled at track outings (which I know nothing about) but that is part of it. Overcoming problems that arise is part of becoming more experienced.

I just got into drag racing two years ago with a cheap little turbo kit, a stock motor and big dreams. I found that even though I wasn't very fast I loved the sport! Last year I tore everything down for an upgraded build (and will doing the same again this year) with the hopes of going faster. I did everything myself in my garage, from building a semi built bottom end to a full paint job and everything in between. When I read AHobbs article in honda tuning I personally identified with his story in a lot of ways. A young married man with a family building a car in his garage on a budget. I personally know how hard it can be for someone ordinary to try to build something extra ordinary. To a lot of us "lower" level drag racers someone like AHobbs can be an inspiration, someone to identify with, and say if he can build it then I can too. Building the car is the first step to racing. He will get to racing I'm sure once he gets his issues worked through and I will be one of the people anxious to see his progress.

This is just my perspective from where I stand. Ahobbs good luck to you and I want you to know that you are an inspiration to many lower on the totem pole.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:05 AM
GSRcaucAZN78

if you don't want to listen to the interview, then don't.

Quick Reply: Ahobbs, xRadio.biz Interview