Notices
Detailing Auto Detailing and Concours

Detailer's Wheel Coating: Review & How-To

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailer's Wheel Coating: Review & How-To

Detailer's Wheel Coating: Review & How-To

Last Saturday Bryan and I stuck around after work to give my car the full DP treatment - Up Close & Personal: Detailer's Paint Coating

With the introduction of 3 new coatings in the Detailer's line - Paint Coating, Wheel Coating, Glass Coating - I took advantage of the Show Car Garage and treated my Mazda to all 3.

Detailer's Wheel Coating - Setting a New Standard

Detailer’s Wheel Coating is a nano-glass ceramic coating that provides your wheels with unparalleled protection against brake dust, dirt, road grime, oil and tar. Formulated using nano-glass ceramic particles, Detailer’s Wheel Coating blankets your wheels in a durable, high-gloss protective barrier that resists brake-dust build up, keeping your wheels clean and protected in between regular washes. A single application lasts up to 1 year!

Detailer’s Wheel Coating resists the effects of brake dust and keeps your wheels protected. The nano-glass ceramic coating created by Detailer’s Wheel Coating can withstand the rigorous abuse that wheels are exposed to every time your vehicle is driven.

Detailer’s Wheel Coating will keep your wheels cleaner in between regular washes. The surface tension created by Detailer’s Wheel Coating is so immense that brake dust, dirt, grime, oil, and tar will simply rinse off.

How To Apply Detailer's Wheel Coating

Detailer's Wheel Coating is incredibly easy to apply, just follow these steps:

Step 1: Cleaning Wheels

Detailer's Wheel Coating should only be applied to wheels that are squeaky clean. Start off using a quality wheel cleaner and an assortment of brushes. I chose Detailer's Wheel Cleaner because it's non-acidic, pH-balanced and safe on all wheel finishes. Check out Bryan's complete review for a more in-depth look: Review: Detailer's Wheel Cleaner

Note: If your wheels are heavily contaminated, a dedicated iron remover like CarPro Iron X should be used after cleaning the wheels.

Step 2: Applying Detailer's Wheel Coating

Once the wheels are cleaned and (thoroughly) dried, it's time to apply Detailer's Wheel Coating.

Applying Detailer's Wheel Coating is similar to applying your favorite WOWO (wipe on walk away) paint sealant. Mike Phillips discovered the Gold Wax Finger Pocket to be the perfect applicator; I agree with him. These applicators are super soft, easy to hold on to and very inexpensive.

Simply spray the coating directly onto the wheel and evenly distribute using the Gold Wax Finger Pocket. Any high spots were quickly leveled with a Super Plush Junior Microfiber Towel.

Step 3: Finishing Touch - Detailer's Gloss Tire Gel

Once I had all 4 wheels coated, Bryan was kind enough to apply a quick coat of Detailer's Gloss Tire Gel. Expect a review of Detailer's Gloss Tire Gel from Bryan sometime this week.

As you can see the factory painted wheels on my 2010 Mazda 3 look GREAT. Best of all, they will only require soap and water to clean from now on. Detailer's Wheel Coating will protect and beautify treated wheels for up to one year.

Make laborious wheel detailing a thing of the past and apply a coat of Detailer's Wheel Coating.

Detailer’s Wheel Coating