Notices
Detailing Auto Detailing and Concours

Best Quick wax to get?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Quick wax to get?

Going to wash the car with some dish soap, dry it, then wax it using an easy to apply wax.

Amazon.com: Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax: Automotive Amazon.com: Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax: Automotive
Is that going to do the job? Or is a sealant better?

I don't want to buy a buffer.

I'm making quite a few threads lately..

Any other suggestions welcome, not looking to spend more than $20 on this stuff.

Sealant recommendations welcome as well!

Wax or Sealant?

Last edited by kaivorth; 05-30-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:17 PM
RESIDENT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best Quick wax to get?

DO NOT USE DISH SOAP TO WASH YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

It is horrible for your paint. Go to your local parts store and buy soap made for cars. Dish soap will do more damage to your paint then wax will recover.

If you are looking to stay under $20 I would either do NuWax or that Meguiars.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Does it hafta be a quick wax?

Meguires cleaner wax is the ****, easy on easy off by hand. Clean, polish, protect in one step.

This has kept my original 13 yr. Old paint mint!!
Old 05-30-2013, 04:30 PM
RESIDENT

Originally Posted by EJ8mike

Meguires cleaner wax is the ****, easy on easy off by hand. Clean, polish, protect in one step.

Cleaner waxes don't really put any oil/moisture back into your paint. They just help remove all of the sediment that gets on your paint. Follow that cleaner wax with a polish/sealant and it'll be on another level.

Personally I use nothing but Wolfgang waxes. The polymers and oils they use are second to none.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by typerfit
DO NOT USE DISH SOAP TO WASH YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

It is horrible for your paint. Go to your local parts store and buy soap made for cars. Dish soap will do more damage to your paint then wax will recover.

If you are looking to stay under $20 I would either do NuWax or that Meguiars.
Sealants welcome as well. I don't mind hand buffing I suppose...Want this to be quick though. Will avoid dish soap haha. Thanks for the advice.

This does not CLEAN your car, however after cleaning this doesn't seem bad...
Old 05-30-2013, 04:33 PM
RESIDENT

Have you ever thought about clay barring your car?
Old 05-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by typerfit
Cleaner waxes don't really put any oil/moisture back into your paint. They just help remove all of the sediment that gets on your paint. Follow that cleaner wax with a polish/sealant and it'll be on another level.

Personally I use nothing but Wolfgang waxes. The polymers and oils they use are second to none.
He wanted something quick, which is why i recommended the cleaner wax. Of course anything quick will not be all that great and long lasting. Personally i clean, polish, and wax in separate steps once a year cuz thats best to do, although time consuming.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:47 PM
RESIDENT

He wanted something quick, which is why i recommended the cleaner wax. Of course anything quick will not be all that great and long lasting. Personally i clean, polish, and wax in separate steps once a year cuz thats best to do, although time consuming.

No clay bar?
Old 05-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If the clay bar comes with the wax or sealant I'm using, I wouldn't mind trying that if it didn't take so long.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i use meguiars exclusively. meguiars everything. clay bar, plastix, gold class wax, NXT wax (their quick wax), the cleaner/polish/wax three step, the quick detailer, the interior cleaner, the gold class wash as well as the crystal clear wash (or whatever that one is). i've also tried their professional products, the plastic cleaner, their medium cut polishing compound... i love it all. just have to know what to use and when it's appropriate.

i just never use tire shine products. not until i find one that actually CLEANS grime off the tires instead of just shining up the grime and causing it to brown later. oh and i have also never used glass cleaning products. lil soapy water followed with clean water mixed w/ a bit of vinegar or rubbing alcohol for my windows. i do use Rain-X on the glass.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bbarbulo
i use meguiars exclusively. meguiars everything. clay bar, plastix, gold class wax, NXT wax (their quick wax), the cleaner/polish/wax three step, the quick detailer, the interior cleaner, the gold class wash as well as the crystal clear wash (or whatever that one is). i've also tried their professional products, the plastic cleaner, their medium cut polishing compound... i love it all. just have to know what to use and when it's appropriate.

i just never use tire shine products. not until i find one that actually CLEANS grime off the tires instead of just shining up the grime and causing it to brown later. oh and i have also never used glass cleaning products. lil soapy water followed with clean water mixed w/ a bit of vinegar or rubbing alcohol for my windows. i do use Rain-X on the glass.
You've been helpful in my threads!

Got some Meguiar soap or cleaning stuff, a big jug.
Meguiar X Scratch Remover 2.0 thing
A Gumout Fuel System cleaner...Might just return this for a better brand on Amazon..
Got the Meguiar spray on wax stuff for the time being.

I'll try to get before/after pics later this week whenever I decide to clean it
Old 05-31-2013, 07:30 PM
RESIDENT

That's a good start of products.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

+1 for Meguiars cleaner wax as a great All-In-One wax. Great for beginners. Smells nice too.

Plus if you search around on some of the more dedicated to detailling forums, they also suggest Meguiars cleaner paste wax as a good beginner wax for regular consumers.