Notices
Classifieds: Forced Induction Buy/Sell/Trade Forced Induction related parts ONLY.

TW/Parting: 93 DX hatch Shell, GT35R, Golden Eagle, C&R, Lovefab/Burns Stainless custom etc etc

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TW/Parting: 93 DX hatch Shell, GT35R, Golden Eagle, C&R, Lovefab/Burns Stainless custom etc etc

Pics here & Below text...

<FONT SIZE="3">Those interested in the shell, email me for details: todaparty@gmail.com</FONT>
Shell $3500 - email me for what's included, its too long to post in IM and I don't want to make the first post 396890328690268 characters long

The complete car car minus Volks: 11,000

I have receipts for some of the recent work, however this car was put together over a very long 4 year period, in which it sat in my garage for a year and a half. I “resurrected” it this Spring of 2008, but I need $$ for school, plus my daily drivers are getting stolen so I’m not sure if I can handle this car being jacked as well. I doubt I’ll get anyone to buy it straight up (but if you want to send me reasonable offers, I’ll listen) So I’m gonna test the waters to see if I can part the biatchhh.

The motor has less than 2,500 miles on it since the rebuild. Burns no oil other than the small amount all VTEC engines burn. I use Amsoil 10-40 in it. I’ll do a compression test soon on video, but they are all in the 190-210 range IIRC. I used to work for a Honda dealership, hence the use of all NEW, OEM Honda parts when it was applicable.

That’s all I can think of for now, but I’m SURE I am forgetting some things here and there, I’ll add them as edits later as I remember them.

Working on pics, the car still runs so I can only post so many pics until I start tearing it down.

Priority will be given to those that make bulk purchases, i.e. someone who buys the complete long block vs someone who just wants the block, or just wants the intake manifold, etc. Lowballs will be ignored. Location is New York – Rockland County.

If you are interested in the shell, let me know what you want or don’t want with it so I can figure out appropriate pricing. Thanks for looking, please bump.

Essay Incoming:

Shell:
- 93 DX Hatch, Teal – Small amount of rust on the rear 1/4s but no huge ROT
- 6 point TIG Welded cage by http://www.gforceracecars.com/index.php
Super clean welds. 3” Corbeau Driver’s side 5pt harness, Sparco 2 or 2.5” can’t remember passenger 4pt harness
- ~200K On Body, Originally from the DC/VA area
- AC system cut to Firewall, Heat works fine
- Brand new Windshield, replaced 10/2008
- 350mm Momo Competition steering wheel
- Hardwired for a Valentine 1 radar detector
- Hidden kill switch
- Not a show car, but a good sleeper/daily, or track ***** shell.
- PM for any specific questions. Can leave the *brakes* on the car for someone that wants to use it as a dedicated track car. ( * See suspension for details)

Suspension/Brakes:
- KYB AGX 4 way adjustable shocks
- Ebay coilovers (not half bad…cut 1.7 60’s on my old LS turbo setup on 22x8x15 slicks, ran 11.9 @ 118 on 14psi on a t3/t4)
- Skunk2 Pro series adjustable camber kit / New upper control arms (new, spring 08)
- New OEM Honda ball joints, wheel bearings
- 6 point cage as mentioned above
- Fastbrakes 11” Wilwood front brake upgrade, bought new in the spring of 2008, with regular solid rotors though. http://fastbrakes.com/shop/pro...d=539
- GSR Rear disc conversion, with Proportioning valve from an All Wheel disc Del Sol
- 15/16 OEM Honda Master Cylinder from a 91 civic EX? Purchased new from Honda in 2006.
- New OEM rear brake lines, front are SS lines that came w/ the Fastbrakes kit
- EDIT: Jim Fab tractionbars

Wheels:
- 15x7 +35 Hyper Black 4x100 Volk TE-37’s
- Front: 225/50-15 Bridgestone S0-3, Rear: 205/55-15 Bridgestone S0-3
- 2 Extra Volks with 235/60-15 M&H DOT slicks http://www.mandhtires.com/stor...etail
- That’s 6 Volks all together. 4 of them were previously stolen, but recovered, but the two with the M&H’s on them have some scratching near the lug holes where the idiot thieves couldn’t figure out how to take the wheels off I guess.

Transmission/Drivetrain: I have papers for it
- 97 LS Hydro
- QUAIFE LSD, bought from the late Earl back when he first started selling them. Warranty card was sent in under my name, will give info to buyer.
- NEW Axle seals
- GSR 5th gear
- I think the 1-2 sleeve is donesky…need to rev match to shift into 2nd, and a quick shift from 2-&gt;3 will result in a 3rd grind. Needs to be rebuilt, but is still driveable if you are mad skilled enuff y0.
- DSS Stage 1 Bseries axles
- Extra set of OEM Bseries Axles
- TILTON Ceramic dual disc clutch with ~4k miles if that on it.
- I have the hydraulic throwout bearing, but it is not installed on the car.
- ARP wheel studs
- HAsport mounts

Fuel:
- Precision 1000cc injectors. Flow tested by http://www.cruzinperformance.com/ - will provide buyer with flow test results -&gt;click for results
- Walbro 255 High pressure fuel pump wired direct to alternator
- AEM Silver fuel rail
- Aeromotive FPR w/ -10an ports – I think I have adapters for -6 or -8, its been a while. This one: http://store.titanmotorsports.com/a1inbyre.html
- Stainless steel line from fuel filter to rail. In-line fuel filter.
- OEM Honda resistor box

Engine Management / Boost Control:
- Apex’I AVCR electronic boost controller
- GM 3 Bar MAP sensor
- Neptune with RTP Board (tuned) on an OBD-1 P75 converted to VTEC(works fine)

Finally the good stuff: Engine:

Head: All machine work done by: http://www.oddysracingengines.com/index.html
- 94 GSR head
- Minor port/polish + Cleanup milling
- 0.5mm oversized Manley valves + NEW OEM Valve seals + 3 angle valve job
- ITR outer with Portflow Inner valvesprings, ITR retainers, ITR Lost motion assemblies
- 97 ITR cams, Toda Cam gears
- LS/VTEC ready (oil hole plugged)
- JG Intake Manifold
- 65mm Throttlebody by Maxbore
- New OEM rubber/paper gaskets all around (TB, IM, Spark plug holes, valvecover, etc)
- Valvecover has 2 AN fittings for a crankcase pressure evac system (into a catch can)

Block: Machine work / assembly done by Gforce
- OBD1 LS block, Golden Eagle sleeves, 83mm bore, Line/Align bored to the GSR crank, Copper O-ringed
- GSR Crank – magnafluxed, checked out fine
- NEW OEM GSR Oilpan
- GSR Windage tray and oil pickup
- Z10 aluminum 3 main block girdle – press fit dowel pins, New OEM Honda main cap bolts
- ARP Headstuds, Golden eagle headgasket
- ACL bearings all around
- Crower Rods (NOT econobillet)
- CP 10:1 pistons
- NEW, OEM Oil pump, water pump, timing belt, tensioner, etc etc.

Turbo System:
- GT35R, .82 a/r exhaust, purchased NEW from LOVEFAB Fall of 2007, not installed on the car till Spring of 2008
- 3” Downpipe with EGT bung welded (plugged for now) and 2 O2 sensor bungs
- Open wastegate dumptube, Tial 44mm wastegate with 11-12 psi spring
- Tial 50mm black BOV
- Mild steel but painted 2.5” charge piping
- Precision 750hp Intercooler
- LOVEFAB custom welded 321 stainless 16gauge Manifold + Burns Stainless merge collector
- Custom turbo bracing

Other Misc. Engine stuff:
- C&R half size radiator with slim puller fan – fitting on the bottom for coolant feed to a water cooled turbo with SS line
- Plastic coolant overflow tank with easy to drain valve
- New ignitor, cap, rotor on the distributor, all OEM parts.
- The motor runs great. It made 475 @ 15 psi. It had some ignition issues at anything above 15psi on the dyno, but I gapped the plugs down to like 0.020 and I’ve had it up to 17.5 lbs on 93 and I had no mis-fires or hiccups, so the plugs were just too loose at the time. I think there's still plenty more in the car, I ran out of tuning time.
- Golden Eagle LS/VTEC oil supply sandwhich adapter - 1 to the head, 1 to the turbo
- Ask if you have any other Q’s.

Working on pics, heres what I have for now:

[img][/img]

Burns Collector

Bracing has since been revised a bit

New bracing pic:

Modified by Toda Party at 6:09 PM 10/20/2008
Old 10-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TW/Parting: 93 DX hatch Shell, GT35R, Golden Eagle, C&R, Lovefab/Burns Stainless custom etc etc

how much for turbo it?
Old 10-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TW/Parting: 93 DX hatch Shell, GT35R, Golden Eagle, C&R, Lovefab/Burns Stainless custom etc etc

the complete turbo kit?
Old 10-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How much for the long block?
Old 12-30-2008, 12:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TW/Parting: 93 DX hatch Shell, GT35R, Golden Eagle, C&R, Lovefab/Burns Stainless

Pm'd
Old 12-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: TW/Parting: 93 DX hatch Shell, GT35R, Golden Eagle, C&R, Lovefab/Burns Stainless

Hey Toda, I hit you up on hondahookup earlier, you willing to sell the volks?