Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Wiring Diagram, Please Verify

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Diagram, Please Verify

Hey guys, last few days I've been researching alot, and this specific forum seems to have some incredible people in it, so if it isn't too much trouble, if someone could verify that I have everything correct here...

Application is a Hornet 564T into a 98 gsr sedan with a relay already installed to control a trunk popper solenoid.

I also had a couple questions:

1. On the bottom right of the brain there is a green wire and a blue wire (lock/unlock function), how do these work and how do i wire them? I know I only need one of them, but which one and to what wire does it go to?

2. On the bottom right of the relay satellite, how do I wire the pink/white 2nd ignition output or do I wire this at all

3. Any other suggestions/tips are much appreciated!

Thank ya much guys!

Pictures:

Brain:

Remote Start Satellite:
Old 05-03-2007, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Wiring Diagram, Please Verify (kinick313)

try this website http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/
Old 05-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Wiring Diagram, Please Verify (kinick313)

First of all, your car has a manual transmission so you should not be using the remote start feature at all. Even if you take some precautions, it is still not recommended.

Thank you for giving us the make of the alarm and year/make/model of your car.

1. No, you need BOTH of them. Green goes to your car's OEM lock wire (black/white behind hood release handle), Blue goes to your car's OEM unlock wire (black/red behind hood release handle). The fact that I use my own website as a reference for this should tell you something.

2. This wire is not used. I suggest you de-pin it.

3. Go to the site in my sig (version6).

In your diagram:

you wrote "ground - siren" for the brown wire. I'm not sure what you meant but make sure the brown wire goes to the siren positive and the siren black goes to ground.

it is absolutely essential that you verify the trunk trigger wire because there are more than one green wires in the same bundle. set your meter to continuity, connect one probe to ground and the other to the wire. the meter should show 0 when the trunk is open, and 1 when it is closed

you're grounding the neutral safety wire? you should put a switch of some sort on your shifter that shows ground only when the shifter is in neutral.

blue - "clutch switch, ground side". I don't think that's going to work. You need to put it on the blue/black wire so the OEM starter kill sees ground

Here's some pics for inspiration on your manual transmission/remote start install!

Old 05-03-2007, 11:46 AM

thanks suspended hatch. I've been reading your causeforalarm site for a couple weeks now.
yep, ground------siren-----brown means just that, i meant to make it ground-------(-)siren(+)------brown.
thanks for the tip on the trunk trigger wire. I'll be verifying everything when I get to installing. I've destroyed too many electronics by not veryifying wires.

I am in fact putting an interrupt switch on the shifter, I just have to find a good size three position toggle switch that corresponds with the movement of the shifter so that only the middle pin will close the circuit.

I am aware of the risks, I feel sorry for the wall, but not for the car. I always park in neutral and I don't let ANYONE drive my car, so I'm hoping to be alright.

Thank you for the help man... I really appreciate it and I love your site.

Modified by kinick313 at 11:33 AM 5/4/2007
Old 05-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Default Re: (kinick313)

^^^^ kind of off topic, but the judge is not going to hear " I never leave my car in gear, I don't know what happened"

Also while you at it throw the siren in the fender not in the engine bay. It will be louder and no one can get to it. I'll be sending Mr hatch some pictures of how I do it.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

You can do a tilt switch or a magnet switch on the shifter.

What if I was to tell you that car actually rolled down the driveway when the ebrake's failed on it? That's not what happened, but it easily could have been. Living near a hill, I've seen my fair share of all kinds of cars that were parked relying solely on the ebrake, parked in neutral, go rolling down the hill.

That's why I recommend NEVER to put remote start on a manual. Parking in neutral in my opinion is just as bad.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (suspendedHatch)

Don't mean to hijack but, I have the Viper 5900 and installing it on a 94 accord. Since kinick313 put up the diagram I have questions about that too. Its virutally identical to the 5900, but I will not be installing the remote start (I have a manual). Sorry for the noobness, first time installing alarm

1) Since Im not installing the remote start, is it necessary to install the relay satellite? If so, what wire have to be wired up? I have looked into suspendedhatch website ( ). But I have a little problem since its a little different since this alarm has a "relay satellite" and it too looks like it has to be connected to constant 12v and accessory wires.

2) I also see that kinick313 has depin the "orange-ground when armed output". I thought you had to use that wire if you wanted to do a fuel kill or starter kill?

Thanks
Old 05-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Default Re: (Nocture)

you do not need the relay pack. Ther ribben wire that goes to the pack has a yellow wire in it. Cut off the tip and use that as you ignition wire. As far as the orange wire I too use that to control multi relays in the car to kill the ecu, fuel pumps and such.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

Thanks!

i will depin the other wires from the ribbon wire you just saved me space and wire connects like whoa!

Thanks again