Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

viper alarm wiring help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default viper alarm wiring help please

ok so im trying to install my viper 300 esp. all i want is a basic alarm that i can use to open my door locks on my 88 crx. i bought some actuators offline so they are aftermarket, and they look like this http://shopping.redorbit.com/p...n.jpg . so now i am trying to install my alarm, and the manual is giving me headaches.

im having trouble with where to connect some components. i know where all the 12v and constant and whatevers are on my car, but im not sure how i connect them to the brain and the relays that they gave me. they also gave me resistors, which i have no idea what to do with.

so the main plug on the brain has these wires..
orange (-output) when armed
white (+/- output) parking lights
white/blue (- output)channel three
black/white (- output) domelight supervision
green (- input) doorswitch zone 3
blue (-input) instant trigger zone 1
violet (+input) doorswitch zone 3
black (-input) chasis ground
yellow (+input) ignition zone 5
brown (+output) siren
red (+input) 12v constant
red/white (-output) channel 2

ok so the only one i really know out of those is the ground. could someone tell me where each of those wires goes (if i even need each). i just want the alarm to arm and disarm, beep if someoen opens the door, bumps it, etc, and for my locks to work.

also included was two relays. im assuming one is stater kill and the other is for the door locks. here are two pics...

im assuming relay one is the starter kill, and i assume it must be wired to the brain somehow, cause they share similar colors of wires.

relay two, says something about being for locks, and it has a plug to plug into the brain, but the other wires i have no idea. my door actuators have two wires only, and i got them with no relay, but the alarm says it shoudl work? it talks about certain signals, negative and positive, and u have to switch the jumper under a panel on the brain, but im so confused!

id really appreciate it if someone took a few minutes to just lemme know what to do. remember its a 88 crx. i looked up a diagram on the12volt of sercurity wires and it only lists a few, way less listed then wires are on the alarm.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: viper alarm wiring help please (menappi)

quick question before I answer any thing. You bought this alarm new. Right? Now that alarm came with a white install book. I know it did. Did you take time to read it? It does list what every wire is used for. In simple terms. Matter of fact dei alarms come with one of the industry greatest install book. Now you said you had the tech sheet?

http://www.the12volt.com/insta...Alarm

If you read the tech sheet-which gives you the loctation of all the wires you need and the trigger of the wire neg,pos. And then matched it with the install book you would of been set.
All of the extra wires are auxuliry and unused wires
Old 10-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes i got it new, it did come with the install book, i read through it but the terms were confusing me, i not an idiot but i was just getting confused. i mean it cant be that difficult. i dont have the manual on me right now but, for instance the orange wire, it said some **** about a ground and then it listed some millamps or something. i wish they would just say 'hook the wire to a ground' or 'hook it to this' but im sure there are lots of diff features to customize it, for diff vehicles, which is throwing me off.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (menappi)

pm'ed
Old 10-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks i got it i pmed uback, i think i only need help now with the door relay.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

purple goes to 12volts, brown/black and white/black go to ground. The the other two is the output to the door lock actuators- the aftermarket thingies. Then plug the pin into the alarm brain.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

kool kool, should the purple go to constant 12v or switched? what wire would u suggest running it to, also, i think there are a few wires that need to be connected to a 12v, is it ok to splice multiple wires to the same one to draw power from??

also on the brain there is a jumper thing, u slide this cover over, and it has a + and -, i think it has to do with the parking lights, light flash polarity it says. which one should it be on?

thanks again man.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by menappi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">kool kool, should the purple go to constant 12v or switched? what wire would u suggest running it to, also, i think there are a few wires that need to be connected to a 12v, is it ok to splice multiple wires to the same one to draw power from??

also on the brain there is a jumper thing, u slide this cover over, and it has a + and -, i think it has to do with the parking lights, light flash polarity it says. which one should it be on?

thanks again man. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes you can splice power at the inginition harness to power mulitable things. But it allows anyone to track back to the alarm. The door lock relay needs to be hooked to 12 constant. If it on a switch source it will on work when the source is on. Also leave that parking light switch alone. Its allready set to 12 volt output. Look at the diagram for your car. Don't you see that it says 12 volt trigger? the alarm default is 12. Put it on neg and you can damage your car or the alarm brain. Remember the alarm is only as good as the install. I notice that you don't have a back-up battery. you should get one.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok so i installed it as your guys explained, but im having a problem. when i plug the brain in, the led lights up and stays lit. my alarm didnt come with a remote, so i got a replacement and i tried to program it. i did what it said, yadyada, headr the churps etc. i go to arm it, hear the brain click, but no chirp. i open the door, the alarm doesnt go off. i then disarm and i hear the brain click twice. all the while the led is still lit. the led turns off when i turn the ignition. any ideas? i had trouble with teh door pins because the wire (according to 12volt) is green with red stripe, but there are TWO, so im not sure which one is the right one..
Old 10-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its the thicker green wire/ with red strip
Old 10-11-2006, 10:31 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Your alarm is in valet mode, [LED on solid], take it out of valet and it shoud be fine. 94
Old 10-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fcm)

first to get the alarm out of valet, you are going to need to find the door trigger and make sure its tag correctly. Once you find the correct door trigger. Open the door. Press lock,unlock,lock,unlock on your controler. This will pop it out of valet. Or you can do it from the valet switch.