Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Viper 5902: Help adjusting sensitivity?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Viper 5902: Help adjusting sensitivity?

hello everyone, I just got my alarm installed a few days ago. I got what i asked for which is extra sensitive but now i'm getting annoyed by it. It goes off when people pass by or if there is a strong wind. Anyone know how to adjust it? I tried adjusting it from the remote but it still pretty sensitive. I have the 504D installed
Old 12-19-2011, 06:11 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Viper 5902: Help adjusting sensitivity?

Kind of redundant having two (2) dual stage impact sensors, the Viper 5902 has a dual stage impact built in, [adjusted with remote control] the Stinger 504D dual stage impact you added has the adjustment screw on the sensor itself.

I would remove the 504D and install a dual stage proximity sensor, [radar] or tilt sensor instead. 94
Old 12-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fcm
Kind of redundant having two (2) dual stage impact sensors, the Viper 5902 has a dual stage impact built in, [adjusted with remote control] the Stinger 504D dual stage impact you added has the adjustment screw on the sensor itself.

I would remove the 504D and install a dual stage proximity sensor, [radar] or tilt sensor instead. 94
What i originally wanted was tilt, glass, and motion (later on found out that its proximity sensor n not motion). But the local place i took it to (i will not say the shop name) just gave me 504D. Me being a noob when it comes to alarm, i just gone ahead and went with what he recommend. He said i didn't need all those other sensors because it will only get in the way. So yea, he worked on my car but failed to mention where he installed the stuff and i failed to ask him where >.<.

btw, where is 504D usually located? I don't have the slightest clue when it would be
Old 12-20-2011, 06:06 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Hard to say where it is, some places will mount it to the steering column and others will wire tie it to some part of the dash wiring harness.

Your going to have to stick your head up under the dash and look for it.

I would go back to the shop and have them remove the 504D and install a tilt or proximity sensor or even a glass break sensor, whoever at the shop told you the other sensors "would just get in the way" and then installed an impact sensor does not know what he is talking about, or maybe they did not have any other sensors in stock and sold you an impact sensor because they had them and just to make the sale. 94
Old 12-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fcm
Hard to say where it is, some places will mount it to the steering column and others will wire tie it to some part of the dash wiring harness.

Your going to have to stick your head up under the dash and look for it.

I would go back to the shop and have them remove the 504D and install a tilt or proximity sensor or even a glass break sensor, whoever at the shop told you the other sensors "would just get in the way" and then installed an impact sensor does not know what he is talking about, or maybe they did not have any other sensors in stock and sold you an impact sensor because they had them and just to make the sale. 94
He's an authorized dealer, I'm pretty sure he had it in stock but wanted to take the shortcut.. ..about the tilt, he toldit wasn't a good idea to get it because, if I was on a slope it go off? Is that true?
Old 12-20-2011, 05:17 PM
fcm
Old Fart

That is not true, more bullshit, the 507M. [tilt/motion] sensor is adjustable, [1"or3" of tilt] and [off, low, med, high for motion] it is self "referencing" for vertical and horizontal each time the car is parked and has an adjustable arming timer, [10sec. or 2 min.] if I remember correctly. 94