Viper 5002 Sensor 2 and Sensor 3 inputs problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper 5002 Sensor 2 and Sensor 3 inputs problems

Hi
I installed the Viper 5002 in my car with an AU94T, the DEI 506T and the 507M

My problem is with the AU94T and the 506T.

Realizing that the second connector on the Y harness of 506T would also fit the sensor input of the alarm, I decided to
a) connect the glass breakage 506T on the Sensor 2 Input and
b) cut the second connector of the Y, adapt it to the AU94T and plug it into Sensor 3

My problem is that now each time I arm the alarm, I get one chirp when the lights flash and the doors lock, and then a second chirp aferwards. I understand it is Bypass Notification. The remote shows a 7 and the led flashes seven times. But which sensor is Zone 7? Is it the 506T or the AU94T that is giving the problem? Or are they internally diode connected?
Old 05-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Viper 5002 Sensor 2 and Sensor 3 inputs problems (pepebuho)

Here is a diagram, You should have each senser diode isolated from each other.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Viper 5002 Sensor 2 and Sensor 3 inputs problems (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

Actually, each sensor (506T and AU94T) is plugged into a different sensort port. Viper 5002 has two sensor ports and the Tilt sensor is hooked to the Zone 6 pin.

Additionally I said the LED flased 7 times, actually it flashes 4 times but the number on the remote control is the "7" after the bypass notification chirp
Old 05-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

unplug the au94t and see if it still does it. DId you wire it up correctly?
Old 05-15-2007, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah. Plug in one sensor at a time to eliminate them and find out which one is causing the problem.

When using the AU94T on a DEI alarm, you'll have to turn the sensitivity WAY down. I added the sensitivity adjustment procedure to my website a while ago. Make sure you hold shift and hit reload so your browser gives you the latest update.

The AU94T's adjustment is literally a hair's width between no response and a constant trigger. It's somewhere around 1/8th of a turn from the lowest sensitivity. But once it's set right, it works like a dream. It will warn anytime someone approaches your doors and it will instantly trigger when someone reaches in your open window. DEI's motion sensor can never be made to work correctly.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Viper 5002 Sensor 2 and Sensor 3 inputs problems (suspendedHatch)

Hi
I was able to work on the car today. I park on the street and I don´t like to do anything to it there. Somebody may think I am putting some goodies on it and smash my windows to ¨borrow¨ them.

I did the sensor by sensor test. AU94T worked fine. I took the time to calibrate it properly and suspendedHatch is right. The sweet spot is quite narrow. This control should hve some fine-tune wheel.

The sensor causing the trouble is the 506T. This is weird. I cannot rule out what the problem is.

For starters, AU94T works fine on either sensor port, 2 or 3.
DEI 506T refuses to work on either sensor port 2 or 3. Each time I hook it up, the Viper 5002 gives an additional chirp upon arming itself (Bypass Notification).

Originally I had cutoff the 4-pin connector that goes to the shock sensor.
That left the connector to the port like this
Position - Sensor Wire
--------
1 - Red
2 - Black
3 - Blue
4 - No Connect.

Result: extra chirp (Bypass Notification).

Remembering that on the case of the 508D, the sequence of wires is red-black-green-blue and I had to do a similar switch for the AU94T, then I de-pinned the blue wire and connected it in position 4

1-Red
2-Black
3-NC
4-Blue

Again, Extra Chirp..

I reduced the sensitivity to the minimum and still, Extra Chirp.

Thinking it might be a problem with the sensor, I replaced it totally (cable, unit, microphone - I had purchased two figuring out on using the connectors) with a new sensor and connected it straight (no cable cutting, nothing extra) and still I got the extra Chirp. I reduced its sensitivity to a minimum and still, Extra Chirp.

I wonder, is the 506T compatible with the Viper 5002? It should be, and it should plug in the sensor port. In the end, I could cutoff the connector of the 506T and hardwire it to Zone6 where the Tilt sensor is right now and put the connector on the Tilt Sensor and connect it to Sensor port 3 (Zone 7).

I do not know, but this is very weird.

I am remembering something suspendedhatch wrote on https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1794938

Glass breakage

.... Recommend the DEI 506T. Use this sensor or a motion sensor, but not both.....
endquote

Could this be the problem?

Modified by pepebuho at 9:11 PM 5/19/2007
Old 05-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just got done hooking up my viper 5000 this past weekend with the exact same sensor setup and I am getting the same extra chirp when I have the glass breakage sensor plugged in.

AU94T is wired into one of the sensor ports
506T blue wire was split with diodes and hooked into both 506T and the 507M and plugged into the other sensor port.

If I unplug the AU94T and leave only the 506T and 507M I get "extra chirp"
If I unplug both 506T and 507M and leave the AU94T plugged in "no extra chirp"
If I unplug the 507M at the sensor and unplug the AU94T leaving only the 506T plugged in I get "extra chirp"

Seems to me the version of 506T sensor we recieved isnt compatible with our alarms.

Another thing I should note is the 506T sensor that I got only has 3 wires but the diagram suspendedhatch has on his writup shows it with 4 wires. I may just drop the glass sensor if there is no fix for this, just sucks cuase I was really hoping they were all going to work.

Anyone have any ideas what our problem is? Any help is appreciated

Old 05-22-2007, 11:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that if you have the au94t, no need for the glass sensor; they'd have to get close to your car anyway to break teh glass and once they reach inside the au94t would trigger. That along with the tilt sensor should be fine for our cars.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pepebuho &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I am remembering something suspendedhatch wrote on https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1794938

Glass breakage

.... Recommend the DEI 506T. Use this sensor or a motion sensor, but not both.....
endquote

Could this be the problem?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No sir. I just meant that using both is overkill. I'm going to edit that statement now...

I have used glass breakage sensors on many Viper 5000s and have had no problems.

Occassionally my car will let out an extra chirp. I never gave it a second thought. It only bypasses the sensor for 30 seconds and then checks the zone again. This is common with motion sensors because they trigger while you're arming the alarm (car has to settle and you have to move away from it and wait a few seconds for the motion sensor to calm down). If I go rap my keys on the glass it sets off the zone the glass breakage sensor is connected to. I never mess with the sensitivity as it seems to come set up perfectly.

The AU94T only has that very narrow optimal adjustment window when used on a DEI alarm for which it was not designed. When used on a Crime Guard alarm, the optimal adjustment window is much larger.

I can't seem to find an instruction sheet for the 506T. Can you confirm that there are only 3 pins on the sensor? I swear that there are 4.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Viper 5002 Sensor 2 and Sensor 3 inputs problems (suspendedHatch)

Yea I am positive it only has 3 wires. I am at work right now but when I get home I will see if I can get a scan of the instructions that came with it.

the harness that comes with the glass sensor has 3 plugs on it

<U>Alarm plug</U>- red, black, blue, blue
<U>glass sensor plug</U>- red, black, blue (I believe its hooked to the center blue on alarm plug
<U>extra sensor plug</U> (directions say its for external shock sensor plug)- red, black, blue, green (green loops and connects to blue next to it).

I will post the scan later tonight if I have time.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Viper 5002 Sensor 2 and Sensor 3 inputs problems (bellsdelsol)

You could have a bad sencer. I would like to see a diagram of how you installed it.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Viper 5002 Sensor 2 and Sensor 3 inputs problems (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

Here is one of the pages in the instructions that shows what you would do if you had an external shock sensor. One of the other pages shows basically the same thing w/out the shock sensor leaving the third plug empty.

Here is a quick diagram showing how it is hooked up. I basically did as the OP descriped before. I cut off the extra plug off the glass harness that the shock sensor would go into and wired up the AU94T with that plug. Then just spliced in the tilt sensor blue wire into the glass sensor blue wire with diodes as shown below.

Like I said before I unplugged every sensor one at a time and I got a second chirp every time the glass sensor was plugged in, even if it was the only sensor plugged in.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive never seen a dei alarm chirp a second time for a sensor. the responder remote will, but not the alarm. usually the second chirp is for the door/hood/trunk instant trigger inputs. is a viper 5002 different than the norm? also ive seen alot of responder remotes show a sensor error if you arm it as soon as you shut the door because the sensors pick up the door shutting and pulse their outputs as soon as you arm it. just my 2 cents.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I did something similar, but I attached the tilt sensor to to the hood input (Zone 6). I do not have nor need a hood pin in my car, therefore that input was available. If ican't solve the problem with the 506T most probrably I will take it out, put the Tilt sensor instead and connect the trigger from the battery backup on Zone 6.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt