11.36%
shaved/disconnected door locks
0%
GPS locator(lojack etc)
6.82%
other type of securityDIY
4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

stolen cars, what type of security you had when it was jacked?

Old 10-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Re: stolen cars, what type of security you had when it was jacked?

Originally Posted by DB8 RHD
I think regardless of any security you have in place unless it's in a locked building there is still a chance of someone getting it.
Mine is garage kept

As bad as it may seem I would only leave my modified Honda's for 5min or less, no grocery shopping, no mall, no movies, it made me sick at the end (hence not owning modded Honda's in 2 years), but these aren't cars you can build and expect to just park outside anywhere and not have attempted theft. To many people want what they can't afford for free.. simple as that.
I daily drive a stock vehicle for that reason

Mind you I had, 2 Way alarm, kill switches, removable steering wheel w/ nrg hub lock, removed ecu (also re-pinned), pad locked column, Integra 00/01 black box ignition installed, back up battery, 6 sirens and I still have theft attempted twice!
The point is attempted!

Most people don't go to the extent that I do and not all thieves expect this level, but did get past a few levels of security. Layers of security is the only way.
Same here.. Go overkill with layers & try to protect in every way possible with both electronic & physical deterrents.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stolen cars, what type of security you had when it was jacked?

Originally Posted by joeymc13
Damn, you're spelling makes it seem like you're more drunk than I am after two hours of playoff baseball and beer tonight, LOL!

When I first read it, I thought I was just really fu**ed up, but then I really focused, and realized it wasn't just me...
OMG I gotta stop taking xanax and beer and then posting on the forums's...It seriously makes me look like I have the spelling ability of a ****ing 2 year old LOL

Sorry about that guy's my posts spelling is NEVER that bad
Old 10-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tinctorus
OMG I gotta stop taking xanax and beer and then posting on the forums's...It seriously makes me look like I have the spelling ability of a ****ing 2 year old LOL

Sorry about that guy's my posts spelling is NEVER that bad
HAHAHAH... at least you're not making excuses and owning up to that one! lol! MMmmmmm Beeeerrrr!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, i can add one more car to it

Someone got my frinds 01 gsr last night. All stock besides functionform type 2's.
He had no alarm, he only had the car for about a week and was planning on haveing a alarm installed monday.

Night started at my buddys we were all drinking and having a good time, untill my friends gf opend the window. She saw the light on in his car, and said why is your dome light on. He said no its not.
A second later it clicked, and we ran outside to see the car drive off.

Called the his dad and went on the hunt.

The car was found about 2 hours ago. It is missing, intake, wheels, seats, stereo, front and rear bumpers, plug wires(WTF?), and battery.

My friends dad is a tacoma police officer and He had the car dusted for prints and found several. Soon we will who did it.

F*cking sucks!. I just dont understand it.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Trial User

ive never had my car stolen by i park it next to my bedroom window
Old 10-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Holy s**t man...
thats gut wrenching! That pisses me off, and I have no idea who you are! Once you get the prints run, if you need help "handling some business" with him, I'd love to participate in "closing the deal". I can't stand that s **t!!!!!!

On top of that, it kinda kills the mood, and all the beer that was previously consumed, is kinda wasted... That adds to how pissed I am abt that!
Old 10-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Master Detailer

Yea, we cant belive it, it basicly happend right in front of us.
There are quite a few people who are very upset. It is complete bull ****.

Unfortunetly becuase he dad is a police offiice we personaly cant do much besides the legal system. It could come back and have negative effects on his career, which simply can not happen.
But i promis they will not get off that easy.

New rules have come into play, now. ALL honda's will be blocked in, period no exceptions.
We went to home depot and spent a pretty penny on moton activated lights.
This will not happen again.
Cant say much because i dont want to be banned. But that guy is one lucky sob, he got away!! If he didnt well, you know what would have happend. This now makes 6 cars including myself that has been stolen, people I know anyways.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude, I had a pretty sick little EG coupe ganked years ago, I've never been so pissed before in my life, no telling what I woulda done if I ever found out who it was, but don't wanna get into too much detail on that. Def don't wanna do anything to jeopardize your friends dad's career, I can dig that. When my EG was ganked, the detective said at that time, a group of ppl had come to town from TN that apparantly had some kind of master key or some BS, and had gotten like 49 civics/integras over a period of about 6 weeks. It's fu**ing rediculous.

I wish your friend the best, but thats the kind of stuff that makes me wanna take a trip literally across the country and handle some official business with you guys! I mean, they got plug wires and a battery, of all things!? After less than a week of owning a car? Its sad that now we must consider that the second we get our new cars, taking it straight to the shop to install our security systems, like, even b4 we get our tags!

Anyway, I hope you guys manage to salvage somewhat of a decent saturday night :/ Good luck on finding these deousche ***** and doing what you gotta do...
Old 10-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Master Detailer

Thanks. Well wer got a couple bottles,and we going to figure out what is going to happen with this car.
it's now in the garage next to mine. He refuses to look at it.

It sucks that we cant put some parts on out cars to make them more enjoyable or whatever without haveing to worry they will get stolen.
He didnt even have the car registerd yet. He contacted the insurance company.
And they want to give it a salvage title, without even seeing it.

I will update when i have some more info. We should have a idea who the people are in the morning.Gotta love technology.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, Ive been informed of some rumor that there is a special motivational message at the bottom of your remaining bottles that may help you get through the rest of your night, hahahah... Dude, I don't blame your friend for not wantin to check out his ride right now, it coulda been worse though, that car coulda been gone... atleast you're in tight with the right ppl for this (the police), so, once they catch these fu**ers, he will prob get his **** back if its at a warehouse or a shop or sumthin. I doubt they've sold it already, so stay positive! Until then, try and read what the bottom of the bottle says, and it'll make saturday night better atleast, lol!

Okay OPer, no more hijackin your thread man, sorry! (but, 98civicdx's comments did have some relevance to the OP...)

Ill be tryin to enjoy the rest of my saturday night, even though this bulls**t is kinda bummin me out a lil' bit, even though I don't know 98civicdx at all, I just know how it feels :/ Keep us posted though, I'd love to find out that justice was served in this case, lol!
Old 10-17-2010, 04:21 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if only police was that active in every car theft...

when my car got stolen sheriff found it 2 blocks down the road accidentally, and impounded it right away without calling me.
his excuse was that he cannot acess regular police database to get my number. it was literally one street up from my house... and i had a job interview next day, that was a great day for me lol.
even though we knew who did it, i had no proof to go after that guy and i didnt really want to do anything and find out later that it was wrong guy...

then my friend 's car got stolen and recovered few days later in a mall parking lot.
he put it back together and while driving home the car jacker followed him back to appartment,( he lost the car but they pulled into his parking lot few minutes later got out of the car and went to check his car out cuz they didnt belive it was already driving again.

he called police right away and they started asking him stupid and irrelevant questions in attempt to get rid of him.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by raverx3m
if only police was that active in every car theft...

when my car got stolen sheriff found it 2 blocks down the road accidentally, and impounded it right away without calling me.
his excuse was that he cannot acess regular police database to get my number. it was literally one street up from my house... and i had a job interview next day, that was a great day for me lol.
even though we knew who did it, i had no proof to go after that guy and i didnt really want to do anything and find out later that it was wrong guy...

then my friend 's car got stolen and recovered few days later in a mall parking lot.
he put it back together and while driving home the car jacker followed him back to appartment,( he lost the car but they pulled into his parking lot few minutes later got out of the car and went to check his car out cuz they didnt belive it was already driving again.

he called police right away and they started asking him stupid and irrelevant questions in attempt to get rid of him.
Dude, not calling you was just laziness on the officers part. He could've gotten your number, he would just had to make an extra phone call. Instead, it was easier for him to call the wrecker (the number is prob on his speed dial), and let someone else take care of calling you. It sucks, but at the same time, I mean, they deal with the same **** everyday. Unless they know you, they aren't gonna go outta their way to do anything outside of what falls under their SOP "standard operating procedure"... I would get so pissed, if I watched the ppl check out my car after they stole it, and all the police wanted to do was ask questions.. I'd be like, go get these b***h's, and stop wasting my time! 98cividdx's situation is diff, only bc one of his friends dad's is an officer, so ofcourse, they will handle that situation differently...

I hope that the ppl who interviewed you understood your situation and didn't hold it against you, lol (I hope you got the job)! did they make you pay to get it outta impound? That really sucks if they did!!!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Master Detailer

Did you get the officers badge number? I would have been calling arounnd and bitching at whoever answerd the phone untill i got the answers i want. He could have easily got your number.

Several years ago my friend's mom's eg seadan got stolen, the cops were complete dicks. Single mom with 1 young kid and 2 grand children to whatch. A couple of my frineds went looking and we found the car. He made aragements to have the car towed to his dad's shop to check the damage. Well we didnt get that far.

A stater pulled up, cool guy, just wanted to know what was going on. Well a couple of kent cops showed up. They took the car, and impounded it, because he couldnt find proof of ownership.

The god damn theifs took the damn registration with them!, a couple days later she chose to cut her loses with the car and sign it over to the tow yard. They charged her $380 just to tow the damn thing, and had to pay 30 for us to look at it, and decide it wasnt worth it.

Cops suck, honestly if his dad wasnt a cop, we probulay wouldn't have botherd, just went and looked. My bet is we would have found before them, and we did.

Being his dad is a officer everything is being proccesed faster. His friend(a detective) pulled 3 good prints and 1 ok print.

I/we should have some info in the morning. I know i said today, but he wasnt able to do it.

Generaly, you will always have to pay to get it out, as well as pay for the tow fee. it's compelte bull ****. Everything/one finds a way to screw you these days.

I hope you got the job lol.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by joeymc13
HAHAHAH... at least you're not making excuses and owning up to that one! lol! MMmmmmm Beeeerrrr!!!
LOL no I'm not gonna make excuses for that ****, Honestly when I went back and looked at it I was HOLY **** WTF did I type that night??

I have a tendency to drunk post which is fine as my spelling is normally ok when drunk posting BUT taking xanax AND drinking and posting results in what you saw earlier

On a side note I got my EG hatch about 3 months ago now and after having the car for maybe 2 weeks I was taking out the trash at about 1:30-1:45 am and whenever I go outside or go out ANYWHERE I always have my gun on me and holstered...Well I wasnt very loud going outside since I was trying to not have the dog's bark and as I am walking outside I see this kid ****ing under my front bumper unbolting the god damned thing...

I quickly smashed him in the head with the trash can and unholstered my gun pointing it right in his face from about 14 inches away screaming WHAT THE **** DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING **********!!!!!
Meanwhile this kid is laying on the floor since I didnt give him a chance to get up and he is about to **** himself

I shouted for my wife to call the cops to arrest this piece of **** and my wife comes outside to see what all the commotion is about and somehow my pitbull got out and I guess the dog scared this kid more than the gun "and it distracted me as well since I REALLY DID NOT want my dog out to possibly get hurt" but he took the opportunity to jump up and bolt just as fast as he could "I honestly have NEVER in my life seen someone move so fast"

Obviously as much as I would have liked to shoot the mother ****er I couldnt shoot him in the back and end up in jail myself...I called the cop's and gave them a VERY good picture of his face that I had taken with my cell phone while I had him on the ground at gun point, I obviously havent heard a damn thing even though the cops have his ****ing picture...

I knew they wouldnt put his face on the news or anything since I am sure they dont give a ****, Hell they even got fingerprints off his damn tool's...I dont know if they dont care or what the deal is but I guess they dont wanna do any work since he didnt get anything or maybe he doesnt have any priors??
Old 10-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Master Detailer

Noithing wrong with drunk posting lol I do it quite a bit
Updates on who these fer's are around 10.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:32 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

well they were probably busy planning new speed traps,
car theft doesnt pay for donuts,
Old 10-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Master Detailer

ok so heres the results, 3 prints ran with 3 people now being charged with the theft and some other things

Pretty much all i can say is ages, 14,19,32. They all have been arrested multiple times, and are currently all on probiation. The 14 yr old is out on bail!!!!!

All 3 live live in the same house, and within minutes of me! and all 3 will be arrested and formally charged with it. They all should be doing some time as they all are basicly fresh out of jail/prison for other crimes.
They way it looks and im told the 14yr will likely do the most time, and the 32 yr, should be going right back to prison.
For what? a couple of ****ing honda parts!!!! SO stupid.
Im sorry i cannot tell more, sad thing is the theifs could be reading this also.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dang man, I need to make friends with my local cops. It's EXTREMELY RARE to get these kind of results. Good job man, Im glad that finally, somewhere in the US, that someone is gonna get what they deserve. If this kind of stuff happened on a regular basis for car theifs, then thefts would be dramatically reduced. But like raverx3m said, catching theifs doesn't buy donuts. Speeding tickets and stupid traffic violations that they get to write up tickets for that turn into fines pay for the donuts!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Master Detailer

me too, lets just say, i hope the 14 yr old likes men becuase thats the only thing he is going to see for a LONG time.

The only reason this happend is due to his dad being a officer, if this wasn't true, they likely would have gotten a way with it. It isnt often that finger prints are pulled, let alone checked for on stolen cars. Police just dont care.

I agree with everything he said, btw his dad doesnt eat donuts lol, or even drink coffee.
He drinks mountain d, and 5 hour energy.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:03 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

why u feel bad, they made their own decision to be car thiefs nobody else did it for them
Old 10-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Master Detailer

I dont feel bad at all. Honestly im fighting erge to go down there with some of my friends and take care of this **** out self.

My friends dad stopped by earlier and said he is talking wih some of his detective buddys to see if he can get a warrant and find the parts.

Well, we got to work on the car, he decided to strip and do a full winter re buid
How does this look?
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30015

haha, just a little look as to what is coming
Old 11-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Post Re: stolen cars, what type of security you had when it was jacked?

Originally Posted by CrAzE191st
This poll could potentially be really helpful if enough people respond to it..
Bump
Old 11-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Master Detailer

Got good news. I finaly got some some info on the case and what has been going on with it.
All were arrested. One was arrested with a weapon, and is now fukced. The other 2 were busted at a chop shop.

And found out why they did steal the motor also. We finaly got around to it and got it runing, and to our suprise a masive knock, #3 is completly dead. K20a on order

Oh and BUMMP!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:07 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

please vote in the pool more
Old 11-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just voted! my jdm rex got jacked abt 2 yrs ago when i was at school. had the viper 5900 no remote start one mile range, quick release with nrg lock, clutch lock (btw i found out how to bypass it)and took out my main relay. and they still got through it.

no security guards were patrolling, no campus police nada. i called it in and they said i had to go to them to file a report. i was like WTF! arent they suppose to come to me?
any who got the car back in two weeks two cities away in the impound. cost me 280 to take it out and an additional 40 to tow it to my house. they stole my jdm crx ef8 front end, jdm crx ef8 rear seats, rear disc that was sitting in the back, a box full of wack *** tools, rim key lock and they didnt even steal my wheels even though there were vise grip marks on each wheel (dumbasses), SiR decals, and then dented my quarter panels. mother****en theives!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: stolen cars, what type of security you had when it was jacked?