Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

problems with my compustar 2-way ss alarm all of a sudden

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with my compustar 2-way ss alarm all of a sudden

it worked great for like 2 years, then all of a sudden i get some weird crazy symptoms and its just really weird!

heres how it went down.

1 day i tried to autostart my car and it didnt autostart even tho it beeped once when i held down button #2.. it didnt even try to crank it tho, which was weird.. i'd try again and this time i'd get teh beep-beep-beep (cant autostart signal)

then after a while, i noticed that when i turned off the car, it would turn off immediately instead of staying on like its supposed to.. even tho i dont touch the brake (this is in manual mode)..

but ahhh, its not only the auto start

another weird thing is when i try to lock it now, it wont lock.. but it unlocks fine .. but, when it unlocks, the blinking light inside that tells u teh alarm is on doesnt stop blinking.. it still friggen blinks! but the doors are unlocked..

if u open the door, the alarm goes off, but no siren OR blinking lights on teh car, only the remote goes off..

also, the siren works half the time, and when it does work.. its not as loud as it was before, its about half teh volume and very weak attempt at a chirp..

wtf, im so confused!!

so i put the alarm in valet mode, NOW it will lock/unlock the car using the remote, WEIRD! so it works fine in valet mode (which only lets u lock/unlock car, and diables alarm, chrips, and blinking lights)...

i think it could be either

1. loose connectors to brain
2. grounding issue..
3. totally fucked up brain.

i didnt install the alarm so i have no idea how correctly diagnoise the problem, but if someone could narrow down the problem i could try to figure out wtf is wrong.. can someone help me figure out wtf is wrong with this shat?

------------

crap, now it doesnt even unlock.. its on valet mode..

every time i push the #1 button the remote beeps once and just shows locked.. and the doors are still locked.. no matter how many times i push it..
Old 11-03-2005, 01:43 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: problems with my compustar 2-way ss alarm all of a sudden (SLVR-DC5)

My guess would be latched up brain, this can be from a wiring problem, power or ground, or a problem with the "brain" itself.

If it was purchesed and installed at an authorized Compustar dealer, both the install and the Compustar have a lifetime warranty on them, [1 year on the remotes]

Try this, take it out of valet, disconnect the batt. neg. term. leave it disconnected for an hour, or disconnect both the neg. and pos. batt term. and as long as you don't have a cap on an amp, [if you do, remove amp power cable fuse] then touch the neg. and pos. batt. clamps together, leave it for a few min. then reconnect the batt., [pos. cable first] once reconnected, reprogram the remotes, and try the system out.

If you still have a problem, you will need to check the wiring and connections, if the connections are anything but soldered, ["T" taps, any kind of crimp connectors] you may have to disconnect them one be one, and make them a soldered connection.

Two years is about the time connection problems start showing up if not soldered, in my experience.

Give the reboot a try and let me know. 94