Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Original JDM EK '99-'00 Civic Fog Light install?

Old 03-25-2006, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Original JDM EK '99-'00 Civic Fog Light install?

Ok i got a problem the fog lights i bought are the original JDM EK '99-'00 Civic Fog Lights bought from passwordJDM not the knock ones they sell but the expensive Raybrig originals. Ok first i got the foglights installed into the bumper and the harness there all connected. Now were its getting confusing is under the dash. The underdash harness that came with the kit seems differant then what is shown on the honda accersories site and all the DIY how-tos that i have found. Main differance is were it says to disconnect the headlight switch connector and plug the fog harness into it and then back into the headlight switch. My fog harness isnt set up like that. the harness i have has the connector that goes to the connector behind the fuse box(easy to identify), switch plug for the fog switch( i have the switch also), also cam with the relay and that goes to a brown 4 pin plug and also a larger relay box i guess that connects to a green plug, Now i have a inline 15A fuse thats with the fog harness then there is 2, 1pin plugs one is a large white wire with a 1 pin brown connector and a red/black wire with a 1pin brown connector. The large white and red/brown wires i assume are what are suppose to connect into the headlight switch but were?

Here is the harness

Here are the 2 connectors i am mainly talking about

Old 03-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Original JDM EK '99-'00 Civic Fog Light install? (ghostsi69)

I just installed my cousin's foglights last week, and your harness is way different.

Do you have pictures of the foglight harness? I'm assuming the foglight harness has two plugs, one for each foglight. Then there should be one ground wire, and then a male plug that's supposed to connect to the switch harness (which is what you have pictured). In the second picture, the 2 brown connectors look like male connectors. I'm assuming those go into two of the slots in the fuse box (there should be 5 slots).

In the first pic, that single brown connector that's by the switch, it looks like it's a female end, so I'm guessing the male connector from the foglight harness connects to that.

I could be wrong though since I can't verify from the pics if those brown connectors are male or female.

Try my suggestion out and let me know your results.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Original JDM EK '99-'00 Civic Fog Light install? (White95SiHB)

The foglight harness at the front of the car is already installed, everything was perfect there. The harness pictured is what goes under the dash. The two connectors in question are male for the brown part but female connector for the wire. I'll look at the fuse box and see if they can plug into there. But i think they are suppose to go inline with the headlight switch.

heres some pics of the fogs installed

Close up

I dont know why i get a differant harness then what would come with even the US fog kit. Everything came in the original Honda box(yeah i have the part number)but no instructions. The kit is new and complete. Installation couldnt be easier. I used the honda accesories download pdf instructions, up until it came to the underdash install.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:41 AM

Thanks for the insite were to look White95SiHB. I pluged the 2 connectors into the open slots at the fuse box, preinstalled the other wire connectors turned the headlights on and pressed the fog switch and they work. I am not going to do the fog trick everyone else likes to do, I've heard to many problems with doing it, I'd like to protect my investment. I'll get some pics of them working later but sure everyone else has seen them before.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Original JDM EK '99-'00 Civic Fog Light install? (ghostsi69)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ghostsi69 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dont know why i get a differant harness then what would come with even the US fog kit. Everything came in the original Honda box(yeah i have the part number)but no instructions. The kit is new and complete. Installation couldnt be easier. I used the honda accesories download pdf instructions, up until it came to the underdash install.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I'm wondering why your harness is different. My cousin's foglights also say 'Raybrig' on the lens, just like in the picture, except his lens are clear.

Glad to see your foglights work. I'm curious what you meant when you said 'foglight trick'. Did you mean having the foglights turn on whenever parking lights/low beam/high beams were on?

My cousin's foglights only turn on when the low beam headlights are on. They won't turn on if only the parking lights are on or if the high beams are on.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:15 AM

Foglight trick is what they call it on clubsi , were the fogs stay on with the highbeam. Mine stay on with just the parking lights on and also when just the lowbeams but turn off when high beams are on i didnt do anything but install them. The fog trick i heard tends to burn up wire harnesses or blow fuses so I'll just leave it alone. I did forget to up the fuse to a 10A fuse, i blew the 7.5A fuse for the dash lights that somehow connects with the fogs and blew it when i started the car. Guess the Fogs draw more power which makes sense. Anyway they look good, I've been wanting these for some time.