Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

need help buying correct reverse wire harness to fix cut harness on 90 crx ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help buying correct reverse wire harness to fix cut harness on 90 crx ?

when theives stole my head unit, they cut the wire harness plug off, so its just a wire loom with all the multi-colored wires in it, all cut at the end, with no plug at the end of it,

i read that i need to buy a "reverse wiring harness adapter" ?, that you attach to the cut harness, matching to each of the colored wires, so after there would be something for a regular stereo wire harness to plug into.

how can i find the exact type of reverse wiring harness adapter to buy for my car ?, so i know it will match all the colored wires on mine for sure? (my car is a 90 honda crx si), any help or info would be appreciated, thanks
Old 02-21-2014, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help buying correct reverse wire harness to fix cut harness on 90 crx ?

Best bet is to try and find one in a junkyard. That way all your colors will match. If not your next step is to get a pen and paper and some tools and a flashlight and manually discover which wires go to which speakers. Obviously black is ground, red is power, yellow or orange is power/illumination. Then you should have 8 more wires. 4 color schemes with 1 of the 2 same colored wires having a black line for the (-) or ground going to the corresponding speaker.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help buying correct reverse wire harness to fix cut harness on 90 crx ?

Any of the big online car electronics retailers would carry this.

The junkyard OEM part is probably your best bet, but I could probably find a Mercedes 300SL gullwing before a CRX, at least around here.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

too late now, i already ordered a reverse wiring harness and a regular wire harness on amazon.

but i was thinking about getting one from the junkyard, so it would be exactly matched to my car's color wire scheme, but then again, i usually never ever see any crx's at any junkyards ?, or would the harness from any 88-91 EF civic work the same with the crx ?

i also ordered a new pioneer deh-150mp cd/mp3 head unit on amazon, which was only $51 with free shipping, which is a good deal ! 2-3 years ago my car was broken into and they stole my pioneer head unit and 2 amps, so i have'nt had a car stereo to listen to for a while, so thats why i'm getting this one, i had a $25 gift card for amazon i got from christmas and i added $45 ontop of the $25, which i paid using my paypal balance, from selling stuff on ebay, so to me its like i got it for free almost.

this time i got to remember to always remove the detachable faceplate and take it inside with me, cause last time i just had the faceplate in the glovebox and the thieves obviously found it, but even with out the faceplate i'm sure they still would of taken the head unit, cause i see tons of head units for sale on ebay that are missing faceplates, probably cause they are hot.