Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Microwave Sensor on Viper 1000

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Microwave Sensor on Viper 1000

Hi All,

I have a Viper 1000 on my 95 Integra GSR. The alarm is great and does everything I want.

However, I also went with the optional Microwave Sensor. And I'm having MAJOR problems with it. It 'works' - but:

1. When I enable the alarm, in 10 locks, 1 will be fine, 8 will cause the Microwave to emit it's 10 beep warning and 1 will cause the alarm to be triggered and it goes mental.
2. Sometimes for no reason, the warning 10 beeps goes off.
3. In the rain, my alarm is useless. it constantly beeps it's 10 warning beeps. Constantly.

So, I was hoping the fine people on honda-tech could help me out. The microwave [according to my installer] is connected to the Shock Sensor.

How do I enable the alarm, BUT disable the Microwave sensor?

Thanks

Old 04-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Microwave Sensor on Viper 1000 (Bangers)

look for the microwave sensor and just unplug the whole thing and take the sensor out, microwave sensors are justheadaches
Old 04-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Microwave Sensor on Viper 1000 (Kavehman)

The DEI microwave sensor is junk. Get the Crime Guard AU94T. Works perfectly once you set it up.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:15 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Microwave Sensor on Viper 1000 (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The DEI microwave sensor is junk.</TD></TR></TABLE> I agree, not because the unit itself is bad, but it it is just one pain in the *** to set up and get right.

If you have to use it, place it under the headliner and face it down, [in front of or behind the dome light] set sensitivity low, [do not extend inside zone, (full alarming) closer then 6" inside the windows] [do not extent outside zone, (warning chirps) more then 12" - 24" outside windows] and make sure that it is properly wired into the shock sensors input. at the very least diodes have to be installed on the trigger lines from both sensors to isolate the sensors from each other. 94
Old 04-03-2006, 04:38 PM

I dont know which Brand/Model I have.

At the moment, the Microwave sensor is sitting just under my headunit, inside the gearbox shift leather part.

If I can ask a specific question. Regardless of what Microwave sensor brand I have, how do I enable the alarm, but bypass the Microwave sensor? (connected to shock input)

Thanks
Old 04-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Bangers)

Look for "multi level security arming" in the manual. Bypass whichever zone your shock sensor is on.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:08 PM

Thanks.

Does bypassing Zone 2 (shock sensor) mean it completely bypassed the Microwave? OR does it only bypass the 'warning" part of the Microwave?

Also..I've come back to my car numerous times to find on disalarm, i got 4 chirps and my LED flashing 7 times.

7 Times means "Optional sensor input for warn away and full alarm notification". But my Microwave is (apparently) connected to my Shock Sensor Input. Why is the LED flashing 7 times then?

Thanks, really appreciate the help you guys are giving me!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:32 AM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bangers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">At the moment, the Microwave sensor is sitting just under my headunit, inside the gearbox shift leather part.</TD></TR></TABLE> That just may be the problem no matter what brand of radar sensor, [microwave/proximity] you have it can not be mounted any place the puts any kind or amount of metal above the sensor. 94
Old 04-04-2006, 09:35 PM

Oh ik, in that case, where is the best place to mount it in a 95 integra DC2 GSR?
Old 04-05-2006, 07:22 AM
fcm
Old Fart

I mount them in the headliner pointing down in front of or behind the dome light, although not a DEI, [mine is Alpine] it is where I have my dual stage proxy sensor mounted, [in front of dome light] in my 94 teg LS, I have far fewer problems when I mount the sensor under the head liner, better coverage, easier to set up, [although the ones with the adjustments on the sensor itself are a bit of a pain] 94
Old 04-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fcm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The DEI microwave sensor is junk. Get the Crime Guard AU94T. Works perfectly once you set it up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have to disagree with you on this one. With any dual zone radar sensor,proper setup is CRITICAL. I have not had a problem with any sensor I have installed. With radar sensors they have to be adjusted TWICE to be affective because ambient air temp effects beam spread. If set up during warm,muggy months..a supposed properly set sensor come cooler months may now trigger 2-3 parking spots away !! And the opposite effect if done during colder months...not enough sensitivity.