Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Linking horn with alarm siren

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Linking horn with alarm siren

Hey what's up guys. I got a Viper 550esp on my ride but right now I want to hook up the horn with the siren when the alarm goes off. How do I go about doing this and what do I need to buy to get this thing linked? I know I will be needing a relay somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Linking horn with alarm siren (JDM_Honda_Fiend)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_Honda_Fiend &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey what's up guys. I got a Viper 550esp on my ride but right now I want to hook up the horn with the siren when the alarm goes off. How do I go about doing this and what do I need to buy to get this thing linked? I know I will be needing a relay somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hook pin 86 of a bosche style relay to ground, along with pin 30. Hook pin 85 to the brown Siren trigger wire. Hook pin 87 to your car's horn trigger wire (assuming it's a Honda.. the wire will be a negitive pulse). You then have to go in and program the alarm brain so the siren output wire is pulsed instead of constant. The easiest way to do this is to use the BitWriter.. but if you don't have access to one (IE&gt; a DEI install shop) you can use the valet button and the manual to figure out how. Do all that and you're done.

The siren will only chirp now instead of doing the 6 different siren sound things. This is the only way to get the horn to work properly, otherwise the horn is just going to blair.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Linking horn with alarm siren (rjr162)

That is not the only way. Take 2 relays. First relay: 85 +siren wire, 86 ground, 30 ground, 87 output to relays 2. Second relay, 85 +parking light wire, 86 ground, 30 output from relay 2, 87 output to horn. This way will still allow you to have a regular sounding siren and a honking horn. Basically when the siren is going off the horn will honk with the light flash of the alarm.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Linking horn with alarm siren (Auex)

Sounds good I'll try it out. Thanks alot guys
Old 04-26-2004, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Linking horn with alarm siren (Auex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Auex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That is not the only way. Take 2 relays. First relay: 85 +siren wire, 86 ground, 30 ground, 87 output to relays 2. Second relay, 85 +parking light wire, 86 ground, 30 output from relay 2, 87 output to horn. This way will still allow you to have a regular sounding siren and a honking horn. Basically when the siren is going off the horn will honk with the light flash of the alarm.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the only problem with that is the parking lights pulse for longer than the pulse off of the siren out would, so your "soft chirp" may not sound like it use to.

Also, some DEI brains (the 800ESP for example) has both a siren out and a horn out.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Linking horn with alarm siren (rjr162)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rjr162 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the only problem with that is the parking lights pulse for longer than the pulse off of the siren out would, so your "soft chirp" may not sound like it use to.

Also, some DEI brains (the 800ESP for example) has both a siren out and a horn out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just linked the horn to the siren today using Auex's method and the honk and siren work well when it goes off but the only problem now is when i arm and disarm the alarm i get no chirp. The only thing that i see is the front markers blink 1 when it arms and blinks twice when it disarms. How can i fix this?

Modified by JDM_Honda_Fiend at 8:04 PM 4/27/2004