Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

KARR Security Alarm (Help needed)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KARR Security Alarm (Help needed)

Hello everyone,

I took ownership of a used 2004 Honda Element recently. Seems like a great car, but after looking around the interior, I found that the vehicle has an aftermarket security system. And now my question, does anyone have a user manual for a KARR 2040a security system? I didn't get any remotes with the car and I am wondering if it is worth investing in getting the remotes but I would like to learn a little about the system before I do anything. It looks as thou it was professionally installed.

Any help or suggestion would be great. I have searched the forum, but didn't turn up too much about the KARR system. If anyone has paperwork that they could copy for me it would be fantastic.

Cheers!
Old 12-14-2008, 05:26 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Replace the alarm. 94
Old 12-22-2008, 11:58 PM

Default Re: KARR Security Alarm (Help needed)

I just got an accord and it came with a paper manual for the 2040. I had to reprogram the remotes though. Here is how Kar said to do it, you will have to fool around with it to figure out which buttons go to which channel, and I only had to press the button 3 times not on off to get it into the mode. So when it beeps once it meets its in channel 1, twice, channel 2:

ØFirst, locate your valet switch. The valet switch is either going to be a small black push button, or a small silver toggle switch. The valet switch is either mounted on the plastic panel on the left side of the vehicle, near your left ankle as your sitting normally in the driver’s seat or directly behind the LED light.
·Turn your ignition key to the “on” position, or start the vehicle.
·Within 10 seconds
qIf you have a silver toggle switch:
·Flip the switch “on” and “off” three times. (on-off-on-off-on-off)
qIf you have a valet push button:
·Push the push button three times.
ØThe alarm system will chirp one time, letting you know that the alarm is in programming mode.
·Hold down the arm/disarm (center) button on the transmitter, until the alarm chirps again, confirming that the transmitter has been learned.
·Turn your ignition key off.
ØThe alarm will give one last chirp, letting you know the alarm has exited programming mode.
ØThe new transmitter is now programmed to the vehicle, and will arm and disarm the alarm system.

If you have problems programming the transmitter, please feel free to call us at (949) 707-4210, or toll free at (800) 395-5277.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:03 PM
New User

Originally Posted by vinh86
I just got an accord and it came with a paper manual for the 2040. I had to reprogram the remotes though. Here is how Kar said to do it, you will have to fool around with it to figure out which buttons go to which channel, and I only had to press the button 3 times not on off to get it into the mode. So when it beeps once it meets its in channel 1, twice, channel 2:

ØFirst, locate your valet switch. The valet switch is either going to be a small black push button, or a small silver toggle switch. The valet switch is either mounted on the plastic panel on the left side of the vehicle, near your left ankle as your sitting normally in the driver’s seat or directly behind the LED light.
·Within 10 seconds
ØThe alarm system will chirp one time, letting you know that the alarm is in programming mode.
·Hold down the arm/disarm (center) button on the transmitter, until the alarm chirps again, confirming that the transmitter has been learned.
ØThe alarm will give one last chirp, letting you know the alarm has exited programming mode.
ØThe new transmitter is now programmed to the vehicle, and will arm and disarm the alarm system.

If you have problems programming the transmitter, please feel free to call us at (949) 707-4210, or toll free at (800) 395-5277.
can you send me the copy of the manual?

thx in advance

dayak
Old 11-25-2009, 11:59 AM

Each keyfob might cost you around $40.00 plus s&h and have to provide the model of the alarm before ordering from manufacturer, then program them. Is up to you to see if worthing keeping that alarm or just bypassing it. Added to these, you have no warranty.
Or, like fcm said, just switch to a new one with warranty.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Karr alarms are terrible. When I worked at Circuit City, I would remove them every other day. The dealerships put them in BUT THEY ARE NOT OEM.

Since it's not working get yourself a quality entry-level alarm ie Viper 350. The installer will remove your Karr alarm at no charge.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:44 PM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Karr alarms suck so bad! Do yourself a favor and replace it.
Old 08-07-2022, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vinh86

·Within 10 seconds

Is there a way you can email me a copy of the paper manual. I had to redo the ignition switch on my car because some idiot decide to stick a breakaway key to immobilize my car. I'm just trying to make sure I don't blow the fuses up or the wiring reinstalling it wrong. I forgot to get the pictures before I threw the old ignition wiring out.