ITR Viper 500 ESP to Viper 5901

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 12:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR Viper 500 ESP to Viper 5901

**I've done some searching**

Hello all,

So my cousin just sold me his Type R and I decided to upgrade the alarm system on it. The previous owner had an alarm installed on it (a Viper 500 ESP). Yesterday, I was able to remove the lower dash panel and there was the alarm, hanging. It was a pretty shitty/half-assed install from what I can see.

I'm upgrading to a Viper 5901 along with these accessories:

506t Audio Sensor
508d dual zone motion sensor
507m digital tilt sensor
520t back up battery + a powersonic 1212 battery
513t mini Piezo siren

I'm going to do a stealth install tomorrow and since I already have a system installed, so most of the wiring is self-explanatory for the H1 Main Harness. I noticed for the Viper 500 ESP, it has the pre-wire 8618 starter kill relay already hooked up. Should I continue using this on my 5901?

Also, I don't plan on using the remote start, but read that I still need to hook up the pink h3/1 wire on the 5901 and the rest are not needed. Is this correct? I don't need to hook up the neutral safety switch at all then?

Now I am left with the H2 harness on the 5901. Which ones will I be using? The only one that crossed my mind is the h2/15 hood pin wire.

As for the sensors I purchased, I thought there would be 4 mux ports, but I guess there is only one with 4 pins. Do I just hook one up and splice the other 2 into it? As for the back up siren, I assume I would just splice it into the main siren.

Last, but not least, how would I hook up my alarm to do a main relay kill when it is armed? I want to do that and still have a switch hooked up to it for extra protection.

Sorry if these are a bunch of noob questions. This is my first time installing an alarm and am just looking for a clear guide. I appreciate any help. Thank you and have a nice day.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR Viper 500 ESP to Viper 5901

Okay, I proceeded with the installation yesterday and today. Everything appears to be hooked up correctly, but I did not get to adjust the sensors and play with the remote since I finished late tonight.

Anyways, can someone verify I connected all the wires I needed to and did everything correctly, since there were so many wires that I didn't need lol.

Light Flash Polarity Fuse Jumper set to Negative Position.

Wiring:

Main harness H1:

H1/2- Red to 12V constant output on fuse block
H1/3- Brown to Red on siren
H1/5- Black to ground (I grounded everything together: Alarm, 506t, 507m, 520t, 513t)
H1/7- Blue to 3 Blue wires(506t, 507m, 520t) and to 1 green wire (trunk trigger -). I isolated all 4 wires that is connected to the alarm blue wire using 4 diodes connected with the stripes pointed away.
H1/8- Green to Light Green/Red
H1/11- White to Red/Black
H1/12- Orange to Orange of 507m

H2 18-pin connector:

H2/15- Grey to Grey (hood pin)

H3 Remote Start 10-pin connector:

H3/1- Pink to Black/Yellow

I'm pretty sure I got all the peripherals correct. I didn't hook up H3/4 and H3/5 for the starter kill. I can use these two wires for any type of kill I want correct? Am I supposed to hook up any other wires? I didn't use any relays in this install.

Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated. This has been a great learning experience so far.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Today I tried to hook up the H3/4 to the black/white starter wire (car side) and the H3/5 to the key side and tried to start the car and it didn't start. I don't know what I did wrong, so I didn't connect the two. Can someone chime in? If I can't figure it out tomorrow, I guess I'll just leave them uninstalled and put back my interior. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

those wires should not be hooked up.

red, red/black,red/white- 12v
Pink-IGN
Pink/white-N/A
Pink/black-N/A
Orange-ACC
Purple-Motor side of starter wire
Green-Key side of starter wire

Don't forget your trunk trigger
Blue-(-)Trunk trigger

Also don't forget to put the fuse for (+) parking lights on the brain as well as power locks.