Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Installing a Pioneer AVIC-F500BT On-Dash Nav in a 2007 Honda Accord EX Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Installing a Pioneer AVIC-F500BT On-Dash Nav in a 2007 Honda Accord EX Sedan

Hi, I could use some help installing a Pioneer AVIC-F500BT On-Dash Navigation System in my 2007 Honda Accord EX Sedan. As of right now I have already connected the Audio Output to the Honda's factory radio using the Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X Aux input adapter. For power I am using the DC 5V Vehicle power charger cable connected to my in-vehicle power port socket (a.k.a. Cigarette lighter). But I would like to power the F500BT with out using the Cigarette lighter socket. I believe (but I'm not certain) that I can use the Nav unit's Yellow Battery Cable for this purpose. The connection diagram (attached to this post) says "Be sure to connect this lead to terminal always supplied with power regardless of ignition switch position." My problem is that I just don't know where to connect this cable in my car. I have the tools and knowledge to get the dash and center console open but I don't have the knowledge to know where this Yellow Battery Cable would connect and could really use some help. Even if I did figure this out, would connecting this cable be an alternate way to power the Nav unit with out needing to connect it to my Cigarette lighter? Thanks in advance for any help anyone could provide.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing a Pioneer AVIC-F500BT On-Dash Nav in a 2007 Honda Accord EX Sedan

you could tap that fused wire into your constant 12v ignition wire which is Plain white, Or you could just run it directly to the Positive side of your battery. I'm not sure if your 12v socket stays live after key removal but test it to be sure and then you can tap the wire from there as well.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: Installing a Pioneer AVIC-F500BT On-Dash Nav in a 2007 Honda Accord EX Sedan

Originally Posted by slyda24
you could tap that fused wire into your constant 12v ignition wire which is Plain white, Or you could just run it directly to the Positive side of your battery. I'm not sure if your 12v socket stays live after key removal but test it to be sure and then you can tap the wire from there as well.
Thanks for the advise. Do you think it would be a good idea to tap the white wire leading to the cigarette lighter?
Old 05-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing a Pioneer AVIC-F500BT On-Dash Nav in a 2007 Honda Accord EX Sedan

I just did some research and found out that the 07 accords may not have constant power to the cigarette lighter once the key is removed, i may be wrong but you must double check to be sure, also the white wire i was talking about is in the ignition harness (Steering column) if you do not want to take that section apart, you can run a wire directly to the battery and fuse it 12 inches or less from the battery.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by slyda24
I just did some research and found out that the 07 accords may not have constant power to the cigarette lighter once the key is removed, i may be wrong but you must double check to be sure, also the white wire i was talking about is in the ignition harness (Steering column) if you do not want to take that section apart, you can run a wire directly to the battery and fuse it 12 inches or less from the battery.
Interesting. I'll test the cigarette lighter first and if doesn't have constant power, then I'll decide which of the two options you suggested would be less of a headache for me. lol. I'm new to all of this so it's a learning experience. Thanks again for your help. I'll be sure to post what I end up doing.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's okay man, we all gotta start somehow right? Here's an idea.. post a pic of the fuse box on the passengers side and the wires around it if possible, If there is a green wire there you can tap into it, It has 12v and is constant. would be a whole lot easier than running a wire to the battery because your battery is practically by the headlight if i'm not mistaken.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Trial User

I tested the cigarette lighter and you were right, it's not constant power. I'll try to get a pic of the fuse box and post it soon; good idea.
On another note, I'm actually considering calling Pioneer and asking them why this cable needs to be connected to a constant power source. Before attempting this internal installation I just connected the Nav unit to the cigarette lighter port with the supplied power cable. I'm not understanding why it would need to have constant power with the internal installation setup. I feel like that might be a drain of my battery, but I guess I could be wrong.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SteveSOL
I tested the cigarette lighter and you were right, it's not constant power. I'll try to get a pic of the fuse box and post it soon; good idea.
On another note, I'm actually considering calling Pioneer and asking them why this cable needs to be connected to a constant power source. Before attempting this internal installation I just connected the Nav unit to the cigarette lighter port with the supplied power cable. I'm not understanding why it would need to have constant power with the internal installation setup. I feel like that might be a drain of my battery, but I guess I could be wrong.
Ahh! all Hondas are the same with that socket! You're right, it may need constant power to maybe save settings such as the time and other presets you may have. if those aren't really important to you then the good ole conventional 12v socket plug can work. btw does this unit have a built in battery? if it does then that is good enough to save the memory in the unit until you plug it back in again. Do give them a call to find out exactly why you need to hardwire it.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:13 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Just run a fused lead from the batt. and connect the yellow 12V constant, [Battery Cable (yellow)] to it, don't forget the fuse on the lead you run, put it as close to batt. as possible. 94