Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

How to Not Get your Car Jacked

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Not Get your Car Jacked

Every Time I go on Honda-Tech all i ever see is, my car got jacked, fucken thives stole my car, bla bla bla. Then we ask what kinda of Security were you runing? Ah nothing, or just a base model viper or a crimestoper alarm. Ya i got the B18C5 with a 5 lug and JDM Conversion and Turbo, but i run a $100 Crimestoper Alarm . How can u be so stupid to not invest in a good Security system, it's so fucken sad that we have to put so much money into our cars to keep them safe and drive them around, most people have to have 2ed car, or beaters and leave the ride at home, inside.
If you want to keep you ride safe, u have to layer on the Security, a high tech alarm or a club and autolocker only isn't going to cut it now a days.
It's fucken sad we have to do all this ****, but thives leave us no choice.
What your going to need, a High Class Alarm System. I WILL ONLY Tocuh Clifford, nothing else is worth a dam in my book, i have seen a cliffort save a turbo gsr, recoved 2 blocks down the street, thanks to blackjax.
Getting a Good Alarm 1st STEP
I am a fan of these model, all made by Clifford, now taken over by DEI
Avantguard 5
Intelliguard 750
Intelliguard 850
Why u may ask
The OmniSensor has a dual-zone sensor and a audio / glass break sensor it also has three auxiliary channels.
Anyone fucken with ur windows there goes the alarm.
They have Blackjax witch makes u type in a code every time u enter the car, u can get robed at GUNPOINT, and keep ur car, just give them the car, about 2 blocks away, alarm already gave a warning about entering your code, witch u can have custom to be whatever u want, as long as u go to a Clifford dealer.
No code, car just shut off and went to a slow start, thives try to get it to start agian, NOTHING, i don't give a **** what they do they are not starting the car, i have never seen anyone with Clifford blackjax active have a thives drive off with there car, very far. It's kinda of a bitch every time u open the door, to type in a code, but it's safty.
U have all the nice extras u have Remote Headlights on and off, u have window up and down and u can get autostart if u go to the right shop
I would also get a Wireless Immobilizer and 2-point Immobilizer, much better then a kill witch are easy to find.
Backup Battery with a extra Siren
Thats just 1 alarm out there, people bitch bla bla it's 2 expensive, u don't hear of people with the high models get stolen very much.
Step 2 a 2ed Alarm, YES RUN 2 ALARMS
Get a Alarm with a Pager, so u know when the car is getting messed with. A Pager alarm on it's own isn't that red hot, have a high class alarm, and use it as a 2ed alarm.
Clifford RS 3.5
Viper 791VX
^^ Those 2 the range is only 1/4 a mile but they are cheap
Compustart i have never owned one, but range is up to 1.50 miles not bad.
All look like good 2ed alarms.
Club Twin Hooks
2 Autolockers, One for the Brake and One for the Clutch
Take off your Door LOCKS, if u have a base model where the locks stick up, and someone smashes ur window, and try to get your deck or what not, they can have fun going into the window with glass all over them, can't open the door if u don't have door locks
Like So

HOOD LOCKS, lock down your cf hood, if u have one, make sure u have to use a key to get into it
Move your hood latch cable, don't have ******* trying to get inside of there
Lo Jack or a GPS Tracking, they have really gone down in price, I got my low jack for a very cheap price, havn't had to use it yet, witch is a good thing, call up your local dealer ship to find out much install is, it's just a 1 time fee and u have it for the life of the car. DEI is making a GPS tracking system u guys might want to check out.
And for the thives out there, with the tow truck, THE BOOT! Im looking into buying on soon, can't do much about tow trucks, but slam ur ride so it's a bitch to tow, (Most thives won't give a fucken and **** ur **** up towing it)
Video Cam's on your car isn't bad, but it's not for everyone, in case people are checking out u ride.
PARK IT INSIDE and have a lock on it. YES i know a few have been stolen inside that sucks, but i don't want to get into house alarms and ****.
USE COMMON Sense.
Don't go out showing off whats under you hood to people you don't know
Don't go bumping at school and malls, turn your **** off 1 mile before, and make sure your not fallowed
Becare of your firends, u never know people now a days
If u know a car thives or ever see someone stealing your car or someone elses, JUST KILL EM, I HATE CAR THIVES.
Thats all i can think of right now, sorry my spelling sucks, I get so pissed of see all the topics about, my car got jacked and **** like that, we need to make a HT-GROUP MOB and kick us some thives ***. Time is the key, the longer it takes to steal your car, the better off you are, thives want to go in and out, They don't want to spend one hour trying to bypass a alarm, they will just leave if it's taken to long and u should still have your car there. If someone wants it and u have all of these on your car, they are almost god like, make sure u have a good insurance company as well. Also a Car cover is a great thing, if u have to park your car outside, leave it covered and put a lock over it, that way thives driving by, don't see it and don't think anything of it. Be safe out there, and if u know any car thives, turn them in, they are making it bad for all of it.
BTW: If you have to park your car outside, I would block it off, with other cars or block it in, so someone has to brake into 2 or more cars, to get to yours, if they have a tow truck. I'm really diging CXboot, he has the Boot Lock, looks like a good buy.

Also Manual Fuel Cut Off Switchs are great to add to any car
http://www.courtlukens.com/cutoff_switch.htm
^^ Great HOW TO

BTW Don't buy stolen parts, ur not helping at all.
Clifford dealer near by, go to http://www.Clifford.com
For Lo Jack http://www.lojack.com
For Autolocker http://www.autolock.com/

For Club Twin Hooks http://www.autolock.com/Unbreakable_Auto_SWL.htm

Modified by Quad-Damge at 11:23 AM 12/20/2003

Modified by Quad-Damge at 7:53 PM 1/15/2004

Modified by Quad-Damge at 9:15 PM 1/18/2004

Modified by Quad-Damge at 9:19 PM 1/18/2004

Modified by Quad-Damge at 11:58 AM 4/5/2004

Modified by Quad-Damge at 8:23 PM 5/7/2004
Old 12-13-2003, 01:19 PM

Default Re: How to Not Get your Car Jacked (Quad-Damge)

how about dont park on the street?
i see alot of people with nice whips parking on the streets with their trunks and hoods open, throwing a bbq o nthe sidewalk, talk about ghetto car shows eh??
theres plenty of security systems out there, but if a theif wants your car, they are gonna get to it... thats just how it is, sucks but cant really do anything about it...
Old 12-13-2003, 06:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How to Not Get your Car Jacked (Mike813)

just wanted to add how awesome blackjax is:

One time at a stop light, some stunna comes up to me and tells me to get out of my car. I calmly stepped out of the car, i did not panic because in the back of my mind i was thinking "thank god i got blackjax." To make the story short:
-Thief gets in car
-says "stupid mother fcker"
-blackjax goes off
-walk about 5 minutes to my car i listened for my sirens
-car was abandoned. Stupid thief
-got in car, entered code and was on my way.

man, Cali is getting ghetto.

Blackjax saved my car
Old 12-14-2003, 09:56 AM

Default Re: How to Not Get your Car Jacked (swatdog)

check out the alpha lock.
i believe JeffNA has some for sale.
i think the website is http://www.alphalock.com ...
use it with wheel locks on your car.. and your car is highly unlikely not to get stolen.

also, if you have an alarm..try to get one with a backup battery. i believe clifford
has some with self powered sirens? if there's a wire in your hood that goes to your siren, try to get siren installed in a hard to reach place...if able to pop yer hood..the theif can just cut the wire to the siren and your alarm ain't makin noise no more.

i'm hungover..that's all i can think of for now.

i've gotten my integra broken into 3 times this year for audio stuff.
i finally got an alarm haha...
code alarm tw-1 ...pages me when the alarm is goin off.
i'm lucky i still have my car. it could have been a lot different.
i personally know 2 of my friends who have integs that got stolen already.
my other friend got his integra broken into..i keep tellin him to get an alarm..
but he' being cheap. oh well.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good info

thanks for taking time to tell peeps what the deal is.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Beach Accord)

and if you want an even stronger wheel lock that wont mess up your fenders. i sell the ones that every city parking enforcment officer carries. the best in the market. if your local ill even come and show you how easily it works. it is expensive but you get what you pay for... besides how much is it to repair a fender nowadays??? you decide

Old 12-15-2003, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to Not Get your Car Jacked (swatdog)

BTW> Vipers have a similar feature called the Vehical Recovery System. You enable it via the programming feature, and from that point out you get into your car, start it, and then "arm" the alarm. If your door is opened before the ignition it turned off or the the unit is taken out of the arm'ed state, it will go into the VRS subsystem.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swatdog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just wanted to add how awesome blackjax is:

One time at a stop light, some stunna comes up to me and tells me to get out of my car. I calmly stepped out of the car, i did not panic because in the back of my mind i was thinking "thank god i got blackjax." To make the story short:
-Thief gets in car
-says "stupid mother fcker"
-blackjax goes off
-walk about 5 minutes to my car i listened for my sirens
-car was abandoned. Stupid thief
-got in car, entered code and was on my way.

man, Cali is getting ghetto.

Blackjax saved my car
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-15-2003, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How to Not Get your Car Jacked (rjr162)

yea the black jax arms itself automatically,and is always on you turn it off to get your car moving. then when the door is open it activates it.... its reverse procedure from viper... hey as long as they work right??
Old 12-15-2003, 12:13 PM

Default Re: How to Not Get your Car Jacked (cxSHOE)

Good info...would you mind maybe listing all of the things you propose with a roundabout price for each? That would be helpful...

I want to hook up a switch that if a thief gets in my car, the airbag blows out and pops him in the face and knocks him out! Any vendors want an idea for a product...go ahead and steal that idea...then give me one for free!
Old 12-15-2003, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Beach Accord)

This is exaclty what I was thinking, it seems so many people get there cars stolen and few have alarms. I had an RS3, I sent it back to DEI to have it replaced with an RS3.5. I will be adding a piezo siren and a glass break sensor to it also.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:49 PM

Dude, you're crazy I'm getting a 2.5X with trunk release solenoid, field disturbance sensor (proximity), audio sensor, backup battery
locking hood pin, digital tilt / motion sensor, window automation system, backup siren, club, brake and clutch lock and you still think I need another security system.. LOL.

My car won't be able to be tilted without the alarm going off, I don't see it getting on a truck without me running outside gripping a pistol. Plus I'm wiring a laptop in my room to a wireless security camera so i can watch my car if my pager goes off.

I mean seriously, the only thing that could go wrong is getting held up at gunpoint, but you know what I'm getting remote start seperate with a remote kill and seperate siren attached under the rear seat and I'm going to put the remote in my wallet.

Even if the guy knew how to start the engine again, the sound of the siren from inside the car in his ear would make him leave almost instantly.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:41 PM

there is one safe way from your car not getting stolen except gunpoint
- rewire ur ecu(metal box on rightside of integra passenger side) to your trunk, unplug it and then put it in your hoodie or tell your girl to put it in her purse. Me and my friend are doing it tomorrow to his crx. I'll let you know how it turns out. He was expalining it to me today. onlyen problem is might take a while to plug all the wires back in. No ecu no car
Old 12-16-2003, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How to Not Get your Car Jacked (Reprezent)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Reprezent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is one safe way from your car not getting stolen except gunpoint
- rewire ur ecu(metal box on rightside of integra passenger side) to your trunk, unplug it and then put it in your hoodie or tell your girl to put it in her purse. Me and my friend are doing it tomorrow to his crx. I'll let you know how it turns out. He was expalining it to me today. onlyen problem is might take a while to plug all the wires back in. No ecu no car</TD></TR></TABLE>

or another option... Find some of the more important signal wires into the ECU, ones the car won't run without for sure. Then take a few relays and use the relays to control the wires. Hide a switch somewhere to control the relays. When you leave the car, flip the switch off. Would be easier in my mind than keep unmounting and unplugging the ECU.
Old 12-16-2003, 05:02 PM

Blackjax seems great! where can i purchase them online?
Old 12-17-2003, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Davmx)

Buy a pitbull put him in the rear passenger seat. No one will touch your car.

Dave
Old 12-17-2003, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bubble Gum Jr.)

Also, don't put a damn sticker on the windows of your car saying "PROTECTED BY BLACKJACK" or "PROTECTED BY VIPER". This may tell people you have an alarm, but it also tells them what alarm. The best thing is to just have your LED in a highly visiable spot, so they know it's protected, but don't have a clue by what. This way if they know any weaknesses or tricks for certain ones, they won't know what you have. For example, I'm very familiar with Viper alarms... On one installed like most people do it, I could have it disabled in relitively little time. Now if I wanted your car I'd have a good idea of what I was getting into if you had a sticker "Protected by Viper". If you just had an obvioulsy non-factory LED in your car, I wouldn't know what was in there (wire color wise, etc)... and I'd personally be less likely to screw with it.

Atleast that's how I look at it
Old 12-17-2003, 01:15 PM

how much does a Blcakjack system cost? And how much to get them installed?
Old 12-17-2003, 07:09 PM

nice post !
Old 12-18-2003, 01:59 PM

how much does a Blcakjack system cost? And how much to get them installed?
Old 12-18-2003, 02:13 PM

Default Re: (Bubble Gum Jr.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bubble Gum Jr. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Buy a pitbull put him in the rear passenger seat. No one will touch your car.

Dave</TD></TR></TABLE>

There is a guy, at my school, who does leave his dog in his car, he had a gunmetel copue with itr 5 lugs, he leaves his dog in the car when he goes to class, hella savage.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:56 PM

Default Re: (Quad-Damge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

There is a guy, at my school, who does leave his dog in his car, he had a gunmetel copue with itr 5 lugs, he leaves his dog in the car when he goes to class, hella savage.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That dog sure gets hella lonely
Old 12-18-2003, 07:38 PM

Default Re: (Quad-Damge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

There is a guy, at my school, who does leave his dog in his car, he had a gunmetel copue with itr 5 lugs, he leaves his dog in the car when he goes to class, hella savage.</TD></TR></TABLE>

omg hahaha...bay area doesn't get as hot as so cali for the most part..and he still has his car! *sigh*
Old 12-19-2003, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EVOL)

what alarm stops them from putting it on a rollback
Old 12-19-2003, 09:03 AM

I can bypass a blackjack alarm system in less than 10 seconds no matter how good the install is. It takes me about 30 seconds to get through an autolock whether it be steering wheel or wheel. I can't bypass manual switches that I don't know about that are well hidden.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:36 AM

Default Re: (4uhataz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4uhataz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can bypass a blackjack alarm system in less than 10 seconds no matter how good the install is. It takes me about 30 seconds to get through an autolock whether it be steering wheel or wheel. I can't bypass manual switches that I don't know about that are well hidden.</TD></TR></TABLE>

now you texans know who to shoot when ur car gets jacked!

Quick Reply: How to Not Get your Car Jacked