Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Directechs.com Changed Again... DEI Dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 07:00 AM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Directechs.com Changed Again... DEI Dealer?

As some of you may, or may not know, I used to be a professional installer. Now I work in coporate, but I still install stealth alarms and remote starters on the side. I USED to use the http://www.directechs.com site with "password" which worked forever. Now they changed it to an e-mail/password authentication database which, of course, I can't access.

Does anyone have a username/pass they would kindly let me use? I have to inquire to them about becoming a dealer.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Directechs.com Changed Again... DEI Dealer? (JDM_Ej)

I can only get on it through work. They didn't issue is passwords this time. It's linked through the corporate network.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:52 AM
HT Order of Merit

Default Re: Directechs.com Changed Again... DEI Dealer? (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can only get on it through work. They didn't issue is passwords this time. It's linked through the corporate network.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Figures. They have a username/password login now, in the upper right. This is gay. I just want wiring diagrams. Guess http://www.the12volt.com will have to do for now.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_Ej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Figures. They have a username/password login now, in the upper right. This is gay. I just want wiring diagrams. Guess http://www.the12volt.com will have to do for now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

DEI did it because there was A LOT of UNAUTHORIZED dealers/persons using their info. (Rumor is that a rep walked into a shop that sold another brand and they were using DEI Directwire for thier tech info ). The way it is now is it set up to track who uses the site...So I doubt someone is gonna give up their info freely now.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can only get on it through work. They didn't issue is passwords this time. It's linked through the corporate network.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah issuing 3000+ Autotechs their own access info is a later TOO much.
The plus side is I can enjoy my days off without phone calls from my staff with questions
Old 10-23-2007, 08:44 AM
HT Order of Merit

Default Re: Directechs.com Changed Again... DEI Dealer? (audioroach)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by audioroach &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

DEI did it because there was A LOT of UNAUTHORIZED dealers/persons using their info. (Rumor is that a rep walked into a shop that sold another brand and they were using DEI Directwire for thier tech info ). The way it is now is it set up to track who uses the site...So I doubt someone is gonna give up their info freely now.

Yeah issuing 3000+ Autotechs their own access info is a later TOO much.
The plus side is I can enjoy my days off without phone calls from my staff with questions </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea I figured that. Anyone know what minimum requirements to become a dealer are?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:54 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You have an IM, [not a password]. 94
Old 10-23-2007, 05:59 PM
HT Order of Merit

Default Re: Directechs.com Changed Again... DEI Dealer? (fcm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> You have an IM, [not a password]. 94</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks.

This is crap. I'll guarantee I'm installing their systems better than 90% of their dealers.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_Ej &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks.

This is crap. I'll guarantee I'm installing their systems better than 90% of their dealers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If only THAT matters.....you need to SELL MORE than 90% of the other dealers in AUDIO/SECURITY to become a dealer...at least from what i remember about dealers...

I really wonder how many of those cash rewards they hand out based on shitty installs? Probably alot of loopholes and whatnot to even claim one?
Old 10-24-2007, 06:42 AM
HT Order of Merit

Default Re: Directechs.com Changed Again... DEI Dealer? (EGPrelude)

I used to work for a dealer. They have different product lines for different sales levels. Viper being the top, Python next, then Hornet, then Sidewinder and lastly Valet. I don't really care about the line, since they all function basically the same anyway. I just want access to tech support, or at the very least, installation and owners manuals.