Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Compustar 2WFMR Autostart Problem - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compustar 2WFMR Autostart Problem - Please Help

I got the Compustar 2WFMR a few weeks ago and its worked really well until today.

I autostarted my car from inside where I work, expecting to leave in 10-15 minutes. There is a lot of electrical equipment between my desk and my car, and sometimes it takes a few tries to get the single beep to get the autostart going. I went by the door to start it, then I went back to my desk. I never got the exhaust symbol on my remote because it can't reach.

I found I had more work, so I went around the same spot, and I hit the button again, and it beeped twice. I went outside to check the car too, just to make sure it was off. It was.

Fast forward about 45 minutes... I come outside, and I try autostarting it and it doesn't work. I get closer to the car and I hear the starter cranking but its not turning on. I hold down the II button again, get 2 beeps, then hit the I button to unlock. The car starts OK manually and I drive to the gym.

When I get to the gym, it won't go into reservation mode. I don't know what could have gone wrong... and I'm scared the starter was cranking the whole 45 minutes I was inside.

When I hold down the II button to try to start the car when its not in reser mode, I get 5 parking light flashes, which means Brake On, even though its not.

Sorry for the essay... just wanted to be specific.

C/N Started car with autostart, thought I turned it off, car won't go into reservation mode.

Can anyone help? Hopefully the compustar expert (forgot your name but its 3 letters and you have a stewie avatar =P) will chime in.

Modified by twopointoh at 8:02 PM 7/19/2006
Old 07-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For us not familiar with compustar, what's reservation mode?

I would try "rebooting" the system... Pull the main fuses, and let it sit for like a half hour, then replace the fuse. You may have to reprogram your remote(s) after doing this...
Old 07-19-2006, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, reservation mode is the mode you put the car in when you get out so that it will autostart. You have to go through a ritual that ensures the car is in manual. If reservation mode isn't on, you can't autostart.

And yeah... I think I'm going to try that. Do you know why that would fix it? Maybe my programming just got screwed up?

Modified by twopointoh at 8:16 PM 7/19/2006

Modified by twopointoh at 8:12 AM 7/20/2006
Old 07-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Sorry, reservation mode is the mode you put the car in when you get out so that it will autostart.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ohhhh... I knew about the sequence you had to go through, just didn't know it had a name...

Anyways... Why would rebooting it fix it? Well, first, I don't know that it'll fix it... It was just something to try... And it works the same way hitting the reset button on a car stereo deck works... :shrugs:

Old 07-19-2006, 05:41 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Compustar 2WFMR Autostart Problem - Please Help (twopointoh)

Where did you have the remote start installed, what kind of warranty did they give you?

What is the MM&Y of the car its in?

I will agree with B18C_EJ8 try a reboot, something is wrong if the unit is telling you the brake is on, [and you say it's not] it would also be the reason the unit will not go into "reservation mode" I would also check the units foot-brake input line, [light blue/white] connected to the output on the brake switch, should have 12V+ on it only when the brake is stepped on, also make sure the E brake input line, [light blue] is still connected, should have a ground when E brake is on.

Try the reboot, you can do that with a Compustar by disconnecting the batt. neg. terminal, [as long as you do not have a stiffening cap on an amp in your audio system] letting it sit a bit and then reconnecting, if you have a cap pull the Compustars main fuses or unplug the main connector, [CN1], the one with the thick wires. 94