Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

compuSTAR 2w900FMR won't work

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 07:37 PM
I serve phở for my babies

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default compuSTAR 2w900FMR won't work

anymore, my 1 and 2 way remote won't register to my brain..

the two way shows it doesn't have signal to the car when i'm trying to program it.. the antenna usually goes dead when it gets hot from sitting in the sun.. but after cooling down and blasting a/c on it for a half hour it still doesn't read my remotes..

is the antenna completely dead? i tried unplugging it and pulling the ground off the battery to try and reset everything but it didn't work..

someone please help!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: compuSTAR 2w900FMR won't work (ohsnapzafingcu)

If your alarm was set up correctly, pulling the battery would not have a effect on it. Because you should have a back up battery on the alarm. Is there a way for you to get to the brain.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:50 AM

Default Re: compuSTAR 2w900FMR won't work (wrx-killer-Sti-eater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer-Sti-eater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your alarm was set up correctly, pulling the battery would not have a effect on it. Because you should have a back up battery on the alarm. Is there a way for you to get to the brain.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i actually don't have the backup battery.. and yeah i can get to the brain.. what should i check on it?.. and is there anyway i can tell if the antenna went bad?..
Old 08-28-2008, 05:03 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

What Compustar do you have, a 2W900FM-A, 2W900FM-S or 2W900FM-AS, the alarm, the starter or the alarm/starter combo unit?

Where did you get the Compustar?
Where did you have it installed, or did you install it yourself?
When you tried reprogramming the remotes how exactly did you do that? 94
Old 08-28-2008, 07:40 PM

Default Re: compuSTAR 2w900FMR won't work (fcm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What Compustar do you have, a 2W900FM-A, 2W900FM-S or 2W900FM-AS, the alarm, the starter or the alarm/starter combo unit?

Where did you get the Compustar?
Where did you have it installed, or did you install it yourself?
When you tried reprogramming the remotes how exactly did you do that? 94</TD></TR></TABLE>

2W900FM-AS i believe.. i bought it from a friend who got it from ebay.. (it came with the wrong 2 way, but i bought the right one) and the 2 way i bought worked perfect up until what seems the antenna doesn't read anything anymore..

my friend installed it.. he's installed 10+ compustars around the area for all of our friends.. the work is really good and i basically watched him the whole time..

5-7 clicks from off to the AC or whatever, then i click and even tried holding the I button on the 2 way.. and i tried programming the 1 way again but that didn't work either..
Old 08-29-2008, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ouch, ebay. If its the brain or remote you might as well use it for paper weight. Compustar is not going to cover it under warranty. They do not honnor ebay products. Is there a way to borrrow a friends anttena to try it out or remote?
Old 08-29-2008, 04:30 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer-Sti-eater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ouch, ebay. If its the brain or remote you might as well use it for paper weight. Compustar is not going to cover it under warranty. They do not honnor ebay products. Is there a way to borrrow a friends anttena to try it out or remote?</TD></TR></TABLE>

will all the antennas be the same on the FM's?... my friend has one very similar to mine, he has the same two way as well (just a different color)
Old 08-29-2008, 05:00 AM
fcm
Old Fart

eBay

A 2W900FM-AS is the alarm/remote start combo unit, do you have remote start?

The "Remote-Pager Learn Routine" is very specific on how it is done, the ign. needs to be cycled run and acc. 5 times within 7sec.

Turn ign. on to run, [that's 1] then back to acc. and to run again, [that's 2] then back to acc. and to run again, [that's 3] and so on, do not turn ign off, [cycle to acc. not off] do not do this too fast, [about one cycle a second], on the 5th cycle leave it in the run position, if you have done this properly the park lights will flash one time, then within another 7sec. press the lock button on each remote, the park lights will flash one time to confirm remote has been learned, after 7sec. the park lights will flash two times as the brain exits the programing mode.

Before trying to program the remotes I would check the ant, connections at both ends, unplug from the brain and the ant. and confirm that no pins have been bent, there is no corrosion/dirt on the pins and make sure that when you plug them back in that they are properly plugged in. 94
Old 08-29-2008, 05:27 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">eBay

A 2W900FM-AS is the alarm/remote start combo unit, do you have remote start?

The "Remote-Pager Learn Routine" is very specific on how it is done, the ign. needs to be cycled run and acc. 5 times within 7sec.

Turn ign. on to run, [that's 1] then back to acc. and to run again, [that's 2] then back to acc. and to run again, [that's 3] and so on, do not turn ign off, [cycle to acc. not off] do not do this too fast, [about one cycle a second], on the 5th cycle leave it in the run position, if you have done this properly the park lights will flash one time, then within another 7sec. press the lock button on each remote, the park lights will flash one time to confirm remote has been learned, after 7sec. the park lights will flash two times as the brain exits the programing mode.

Before trying to program the remotes I would check the ant, connections at both ends, unplug from the brain and the ant. and confirm that no pins have been bent, there is no corrosion/dirt on the pins and make sure that when you plug them back in that they are properly plugged in. 94</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes i have the remote start.. everything used to work properly, for the exception when the antenna got super hot from sitting in the heat it would stop working until it cooled down.. i dont want to be a dick but i've programmed the remotes a couple of times when i thought the remotes weren't programmed (when the antenna got hot)

it's only been in the car for about 2-3 weeks now.. could there be corrosion and dirt lodged in it already?
Old 08-29-2008, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

take fcm advice, sometime the pins can be bent or dust can get into it. I allways blow it out before I plug them in.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:42 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer-Sti-eater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">take fcm advice, sometime the pins can be bent or dust can get into it. I allways blow it out before I plug them in.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'll re-check everything tonight when i get home from work.. i'll repost if nothing works yo..

thanks for the imput guys!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If not you should find a compustar dealer and purchase one there.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:48 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Not working when ant. heats up is an indication of a cold solder connection in the ant., you may need to "open" the ant. up and re-solder all the solder points. 94
Old 08-29-2008, 11:39 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not working when ant. heats up is an indication of a cold solder connection in the ant., you may need to "open" the ant. up and re-solder all the solder points. 94</TD></TR></TABLE>

mmk.. i didn't get a chance to tonight.. but will definately do it tomorrow!