Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

cd receiver

Old 08-10-2002, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cd receiver

i plan to get this cd receiver for my car, but have a few questions...

i have a 97 civic ex cpe, which has keyless entry. the radio is way up and the cassette player is way down by the cupholders. i will replace the radio with this cd player. problem is, would this affect my keyless entry sys? does this mean my cassette player is useless and is just sitting around collecting dust since the control is on the stock radio (which i will replace with a cd player)? any way i can make my stock cassette player to work after i replace the radio with a cd player?

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...DSX780&o=p&a=1
Old 08-10-2002, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cd receiver (civic-cpe)

they make a special harness when you buy an aftermarket deck for your car. It actually keeps the factory deck still hooked up and has wires for the aftermarket deck. Basicly you have to keep the stock deck in the car for the keyless to still operate. There is room to shove the factory radio behind the panels, and the aftermarket will go where the factory use to be.
Old 08-11-2002, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: cd receiver (infinkc)

so you mean when i replace the stock radio with an aftermarket cd player, i will push the stock radio into under the dash? in other words, the stock radio will literally be behind the new aftermarket cd player? ok, if this is so, that means my keyless entry sys will still operate, but not my stock cassette player. any way to hook-up the cassette player somehow so i can still use it (the controls)? i don't really need a cassette player all that much (so i won't get a cd/cassette combo nor a casette player and a cd changer set), but i do have some songs that i like on cassette.