Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

CD Player Error

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Player Error

Ok my mom's 95 camry cd player throws an Error and it doesn't play at all.
How do i find out what's the code or fix it? Its not a deck its a cd exchanger thats located in the trunk. Nothing works, when i turn it on, its just static and says Error or Erro80
Old 01-29-2005, 07:32 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: CD Player Error (Kyo Kusanagi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kyo Kusanagi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok my mom's 95 camry cd player throws an Error and it doesn't play at all.
How do i find out what's the code or fix it? Its not a deck its a cd exchanger thats located in the trunk. Nothing works, when i turn it on, its just static and says Error or Erro80</TD></TR></TABLE> What kind of CD changer? OEM or aftermarket? FM Mod or direct input? in all cases the owners manual for the changer will tell you what the error code is. 94
Old 01-29-2005, 07:40 AM

Default Re: CD Player Error (fcm)

Its an aftermarket I think. I don't understand the FM mod or direct input?
How do i look for the code and what do you mean manual. Its not OEM, we bought the camry and it came with the cd changer but he told us it didn't work. I know it can be fix but i just don't know how.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:57 AM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kyo Kusanagi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its an aftermarket I think. I don't understand the FM mod or direct input?
How do i look for the code and what do you mean manual. Its not OEM, we bought the camry and it came with the cd changer but he told us it didn't work. I know it can be fix but i just don't know how.</TD></TR></TABLE> FM Mod is a way to get the audio sig. into the HU, if you have to tune in a fm radio station, to have it work, then it uses a FM Mod, and all FM Mod changers have somekind of "control pad" up front to control the changer, and has the readout on it, direct input means the changer OEM or aftermarket, [with an adpt.] is pluged into and controlled by the HU, and a radio station is not used. the owners manual for the changer will have an error code list, [like error80 = no power] 94
Old 01-29-2005, 09:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> FM Mod is a way to get the audio sig. into the HU, if you have to tune in a fm radio station, to have it work, then it uses a FM Mod, and all FM Mod changers have somekind of "control pad" up front to control the changer, and has the readout on it, direct input means the changer OEM or aftermarket, [with an adpt.] is pluged into and controlled by the HU, and a radio station is not used. the owners manual for the changer will have an error code list, [like error80 = no power] 94 </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah yeah it says err80. Its an direct input because it doesn't uses FM and only cds.
But if it has no power, how does it turn on?
Old 01-30-2005, 06:37 AM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kyo Kusanagi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah yeah it says err80. Its an direct input because it doesn't uses FM and only cds.
But if it has no power, how does it turn on?</TD></TR></TABLE> Still need to know what kind of changer it is, Sony, Alpine, Kenwood, Panasonic or whatever, they all use diff. numbers for diff. codes, someplace on the changer there will be a make and model number 94
Old 01-30-2005, 08:27 AM

The cd exchanger is a pioneer.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:26 AM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kyo Kusanagi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The cd exchanger is a pioneer.</TD></TR></TABLE> Geeeezzzzzz...... Getting info from you is like pulling teeth, as Pioneer makes more then one changer now, and depending on how old it is, we have to take into account older models also, so I need the model # of the changer, or better yet, go to http://www.pioneerelectronics.com click on manuals in the car audio list, then type the model# in the search box, that way you can download the whole owners manual. that said, if the pioneer is not a FM mod then its a direct input, and if its controlled by a OEM HU then there is an adpt. plug, [handshake adpt.] that the Pio. changer coard is pluged into, and the adpt. is plugged into the back of the OEM HU, the problem may be in the adpt. it dependes what error code 80 is.

You could try to reboot the the processer, disconnect the neg. lead of the batt. wait a few min. reconnect, and try the changer. 94
Old 01-31-2005, 08:39 AM

Hahahah, my bad, i'll go check it out and give you the update. Thanks
Old 02-05-2005, 10:26 PM

Ok the cd exchanger is a Pioneer CDX FM 128 and when the car was bought it didn't came with a remote. The guy said it was broken but i don't think its broken.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:30 AM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kyo Kusanagi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok the cd exchanger is a Pioneer CDX FM 128 and when the car was bought it didn't came with a remote. The guy said it was broken but i don't think its broken.</TD></TR></TABLE>So it is a fm modulated input, Have you downloaded an owners manual yet? 94