Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Car dies after stereo install

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car dies after stereo install

Please help lol. I just installed an aftermarket stereo on my wife's 05 shitsubishi galant and it seemed fairly simple I feel like I made good connections with butt connectors but car shuts off now? After install I tried it out and everything seemed to work great we began messing with it setting it all up to her liking and about 30 mins in the stereo along with interior light shut up and then would turn back on till the stereo loaded them would shut right back off and then when I tried to start the car it would just make a rapid clicking noise I jumped started car and after having stereo on it would die soon after. If I unplug stereo the car starts and drives fine but with stereo plugged in the car will die after 20 - 45 mins of being on. I know this isn't Honda related but I'd really appreciate any help I'm at a loss here.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:14 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Car dies after stereo install

Replace the stereo, there is something wrong with it. 94
Old 12-13-2016, 12:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are some aftermarket raido may not be compatible with the car audio system. If it is caused by the aftermarket radio, then you can replace a new aftermarket radio. I have used one from seicane which works perfectly for me. would you like to take a look at it? wish you all the best.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:26 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmanuel
Please help lol. I just installed an aftermarket stereo on my wife's 05 shitsubishi galant and it seemed fairly simple I feel like I made good connections with butt connectors but car shuts off now? After install I tried it out and everything seemed to work great we began messing with it setting it all up to her liking and about 30 mins in the stereo along with interior light shut up and then would turn back on till the stereo loaded them would shut right back off and then when I tried to start the car it would just make a rapid clicking noise I jumped started car and after having stereo on it would die soon after. If I unplug stereo the car starts and drives fine but with stereo plugged in the car will die after 20 - 45 mins of being on. I know this isn't Honda related but I'd really appreciate any help I'm at a loss here.
So with the aftermarket stereo installed the car dies, but with it uninstalled the vehicle functions normally? And if you were to put the stock radio back in what does it do?

If stock radio is installed and there are no issues then the fault is in the new radio.

If stock radio is installed and issue is still there then it's the wiring.