Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Car alarm guide and how to pick out a Security system to meet your needs!-OPEN!

Old 02-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car alarm guide and how to pick out a Security system to meet your needs!-OPEN!

nice
Old 03-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car alarm guide and how to pick out a Security system to meet your needs!-OPEN!

Omg this information is worth diamonds and gold!!! Wrx killer you're a hero bro. Shout out to you from houston tx. Just about a year ago my thirdGen integra was stolen here in the H and it was found three days later, stripped. I had not bothered buying another one because of priorities last year. This year, I want my dream car... A '98-'01 DC2. With your help, I have more knowledge and confidence that I can invest my money in THE RIGHT TOOLS for protection/security. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can our guru(s) please chime in?

Went to some local shops & they told me the back up battery is "old school" technologies & totally unnessary.

I'm REALLY confused now. The girls work in my office even had her accord from the 90's stolen when there was nothing on it!

I don't think I wanna "mickey mouse" my Honda when it comes down to security.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if backup battery is ""old school" technology & totally unnecessary. how is the alarm powered if theives disconnect the battery? I tell you my GPS tracking system doesn't work with the car's battery is disconnected, so I need a batter back up.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

viper 3303
Old 06-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for sharing your knowledge!!! I am about to buy a 2000 honda civic si, and ive read that the first thing i need is an alarm.

I would like you guys opinion about my set up, maybe any recommendation?
1-Viper 5704v Full Feature Car Alarm with Remote Start and 2-way Pager
2-Motion sensor: Directed Install essentials Dual Zone Motion Sensor 508d [DEI 508D]
3-Dei 520t back-up battery.

anyone could recommend a gps tracker? i am going to start doing my research right now and see how it goes with gps trackers
Old 06-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rather than start a thread I figured I'd put this question in here. I've read of guys wiring up alarms so the brain has more than one power supply, so how would you go about doing that, or is it worth the effort?

*Aside* I note one general difference between the US and European(and Australian) alarm systems, we use ultrasonic sensors almost as a given whereas you guys don't seem to bother with them. Plus the insurance company approved alarms insist on at least two circuits being broken. Personally I'd never rely on just a starter kill, certainly not on a manual transmission you can just push start it. Had a car of mine stolen like that.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BTW that great spot for the alarm brain that wrx-killer-Sti-eater shows on the integra R in his great opening post. Check alarm size and clearances before you settle on that spot. I made that rookie error. Pulled the dash and was all ready to rock, but sadly with the model I have the brain is just that little bit too large to sit there(and has a bulky module on the immobiliser wires) . Viper 500Xv. I don't think you got them in the US, but because they've got three way immobiliser circuits the box is bigger than usual. Might be the case with other models.

Also if you have a JDM model of Teg they don't have the reinforcing/safety bars behind the dash so the brain doesn't sit in the pocket on the picture(maybe other non USDM are similar?). It would be vulnerable through the glovebox too. That said I've got arms so scrawny I could wallpaper a room through a catflap so YMMV.

In the end I went the good old SuspendedHatch route and stuck it behind the rear quarter panel. Plenty of room in there, though you're extending some of the wires which is easy enough even if you're a raw amateur with ten thumbs like me.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone could recommend a gps tracker? available as right now?
Old 07-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dont buy from this guy. I have been waiting for my battery post kit for the past five months. I have every single text message and inbox from him saying that saying that the package is on its way and nothing. Supposedly my shipping address is not valid but that is complete BS since its going to dealer where I work and I use Paypal which has my shipping address confirmed. I have been patient for the past five months and till this day I have not recieved nothing. I have been sending DESMON a text everyday since the begiining of July and still have not gotten a response. Either send me my stuff or send my money back to paypal...
Old 07-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Trial User

GPS IS THE BEST
Old 08-16-2013, 02:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for this information! Now I know what securities I need.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome thread, I need some help with my current alarm set up.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi. Will someone please update this thread? I have a 93 DX that I want to put a kill switch into, but I'm not sure if I should put it in the main fuse line or somewhere else? Thanks.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 614 Likes on 486 Posts

Kill the main relay, that will cover everything the car needs to run in one shot.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OK. Thanks. How can I put the switch in so it cannot be detectable? Any advice sure would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Jessica
Old 09-22-2014, 06:05 PM
longest project ever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone want to chime in on some good RFID immobilizer setups? I have my system setup, which I wont discuss, because of security issues of course, but I do make some of my own modules, I'll say that much, but looking for a good automatic immobilizer, that recognizes a fob on your key chain automatically
Old 10-11-2014, 01:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone recommend a place to get an installation done in Orange County, California? I've been putting money into my car and all I have is a dinky noise making alarm, so I want to lock it down before shelling out more dough on it.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there is only 1 ques that I would trust https://www.facebook.com/globalautotracking
his name is Desmon, tell him that Saul the guy from the red em1 sent you

Originally Posted by 56killa
Anyone recommend a place to get an installation done in Orange County, California? I've been putting money into my car and all I have is a dinky noise making alarm, so I want to lock it down before shelling out more dough on it.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Any recommendation for someone to do a stealth install in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area (DC/MD/VA)?
Old 06-24-2015, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Great thread
Old 03-11-2020, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hello, I purchased a car that you did a stealth install on and would like to reach out to you for some additional service, is there a way to reach you via cell, text, or email?

Originally Posted by wrx-killer-Sti-eater
I will do a write up on a full stealth only I think. Reason is because If i do a basic it would show to much info. And to many people would copy it. And it would take the suprize factor from a theif. But a full stealth there would be no way to get to it unless you pull the dash. And there is no way to do that in time.

I have to sit and think on how I going to do it. I want to give as much info as possible. But keep you guys secured. Give me about a couple weeks.