Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Car alarm guide and how to pick out a Security system to meet your needs!-OPEN!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car alarm guide and how to pick out a Security system to meet your needs!-OPEN!

Originally Posted by VTEC_Club
Any recommendation for non auto start alarm with 2 way paging. Seem like all the paging alarms comes with the remote start. TIA!
i believe u can ask installer not to add that feature. if u plan to take it to the shop its always good to call them and ask questions.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car alarm guide and how to pick out a Security system to meet your needs!-OPEN!

i plan on getting a 2-way and have been researching a lot lately. if you want a decent range 2-way, you have to get the remote start combo. i havent found one yet that is just an alarm with the increased range.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If its remote start. You do not need to use it to make the alarm function.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading and examine your alarm information that you have provided. It seen like GPs tracking would do a good job on protecting your vehicle under criminal theives. I'm planning to learn to install alarm on DIY. Is there any link that show how-to install alarm?
Old 05-24-2009, 10:59 AM

hey desmond, i'm looking forward to getting an alarm from you within this week or so whenever your free. I will be contacting precision mobile sounds.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

still waiting on a reply from you.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the DIY for full stealth yet? I wanna buy one off you now! but need your DIY thread so i know how you route everythng YOUR WAY!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a autopage C3-RS727A LCD

4-Channel Alarm with Remote Car Starter and Two Way AM/AM Paging LCD Remote Transmitter

is this a good alarm system?
Old 07-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dose anyone have this. i seen it and was just courios of what people think about this thing?

The all new Vision Guard 8000 from Scytek Electronics represents the latest in camera security technology. With the new, extra small EZ mount camera (diameter of a quarter) your installation options are endless! The built in LED flash improves performance so that each the camera takes a photo, it doesn't send a "ghost image" to the remote. An added feature is an anti glare screen with 65k color. With the new VG8000 you can be assured of quality, reliability and uncomprimised performance.

System Contents:
Main Unit with built-in ScyNet Network Interface Port
Two-Way Full Color Picture Ready LCD Remote Transmitter
Camera Remote Transmitter with flash
FM Extended Range
One-Way 5-Button Random Code Remote Transmitter
High Output 6-tone Siren
Small Camera and Antenna
Dual Stage Shock Sensor
Coded Emergency Override / Valet Switch
Wiring Harness
Free Accessory
Free Wiring Diagram
Free Leathercase
Old 07-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyway, i think i read alots stuff about alarm so i decided to learn the basic alarm install then work my way up. I check out some links about alarm, and crutch field seen to be real site. There are other too but i was hoping to get an alarm then study wires and vehicle.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm wondering why back-up siren was not included.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what the deal with the clifford remote start for the manual transmission ? How does that work. Thats something I would like to do. I hate sitting in my car to let it warm up in the morning.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I noticed that Clifford and Python don't have GPS tracking on their websites. A search on their websites yields old nonworking links.

Does this mean they are currently not supporting or marketing GPS tracking products?
Old 08-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by White95SiHB
I noticed that Clifford and Python don't have GPS tracking on their websites. A search on their websites yields old nonworking links.

Does this mean they are currently not supporting or marketing GPS tracking products?
At this point. Dei is no longer offering gps services anymore. Thanks ebay! BUt don't fret. Mobile iq is taking over all dei services. All dei gps systems will be moved over to there server. Service and customer care were mobile iq from the start. Dei just sold them under there name. You will have the same protection-PRoviding the install is up to par.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Who the fack changed my title?!

so this is the thread! lol now i see

ps-is there ever a charge for the tracking of a gps system? like an annual charge or something like that
Old 08-29-2009, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

When you mentioned that you wouldn't vouch for the cell phone tracking systems, are you talking about ones like the Haas GPS Text-N-Track H1000? Can they really be that far off if they use gps also?
Old 08-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sh!ft
so this is the thread! lol now i see

ps-is there ever a charge for the tracking of a gps system? like an annual charge or something like that
Yes, there are yearly charges. Most are 99$ a year and up.

Originally Posted by nico.tico
When you mentioned that you wouldn't vouch for the cell phone tracking systems, are you talking about ones like the Haas GPS Text-N-Track H1000? Can they really be that far off if they use gps also?
The reason I do not vouch for them is that I put it to the text. Its not the software fault. Its the fault that the unit falls out of range and you will have no service. No service means no tracking. I tested the both units out side and in doors. Out doors its effie on the phone and perfect on a unit made for a car. And indoors like a warehouse or gargae the phone unit failed badly and the unit made for the car tested perfect as it was made for. I even benched tested a members phone unit the other day inside the shop side by side vs a viper210v(mobile iq). The phone lost signal while the viper210v(mobile iq) had perfect signal. Gps and celluar service.

If you can afford a real system get it. If not the cell phone crap shot. Better then nonething.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone have a guide that will give me a little reference on Python Remote icons.
A little icon appeared on my remote for my alarm and idk what it means.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AngelsAndBombs
Anyone have a guide that will give me a little reference on Python Remote icons.
A little icon appeared on my remote for my alarm and idk what it means.
what is it? next time make a new thread in the fourm. It will get answered faster!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have an audiovox alarm that i loved to death. custom stealth install under the dash and 2 mini piezo sirens. which are insanely loud! 1 mounted behind each air vent directly on the sides of the steering wheel. pretty amazing.

the backup battery is also a 100% MUST HAVE. make sure it's hidden too

Glask break sensor is awesome too, smash and grabs are prone to those who have in dash tvs... expensive radar detectors.. gauges... ipods and all that.. even just tapping on the window with a key sets it off. very sensitive and effective. love it.

EDIT* ... has anyone had any success with the Guidepoint GPS tracking systems? Reason being.. lo-jack doesnt work everywhere. at least here in ny, only troopers have the tracking capabilities. My uncle does alarms and sound system installs and he swears by guidepoint as being the best.. and hes been in the business for over 15 years. i trust him.

I'm selling my entire alarm system if anyone wants the security I had for mine, check my sig. $150 shipped. everything.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wrx-killer-Sti-eater, do you still recommend that clifford 210c for a top notch system?

i was looking on clifford's site and couldnt find it on there, however i did see some that were pretty nice, just not gps.. just curious.. thanks.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey would you recommend this?

Dei 515r BACK-UP BATTERY SIREN W/ KEY - 515R
( 515R )

or

should i get the Dei 520t back up battery + Dei 513t Mini piezo siren?
Old 10-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The dei 520t back up and mini siren. You can allways upgrade the wimpy 520t battery to a bigger one.

If there are anymore questions please make a new thread. LEt keep this clutter free
Old 12-27-2009, 09:36 AM
New User

really nice post dude .......

its really nice and informative post....

i just liked it....

thanks for your information guys ...........
Old 01-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

great thread, read the whole thing. these are so good, to keep your cars safe. they are so worth it in the long run. not only would you lose a lot of money by losing your car, but its also a personal thing. i think a lot of us will agree that ours cars are one of our most prized materialistic possessions.

Quick Reply: Car alarm guide and how to pick out a Security system to meet your needs!-OPEN!