Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Black Widow alarm, brain buzzing

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Widow alarm, brain buzzing

Swapped out my D16Z6 intake manifold for a D16Y8 one. Wired up DSM 450cc injectors and a resistor box in the engine bay. I'm pretty confident this is done properly. I Used a high power solder gun to attatch the harness from my greddy turbo timer to 3 of the solder points on the ignition module (in the steering column).

My turbo timer is not plugged in, to eliminate that as a potential problem.

When I turn my key to the acc position, my fuel pump does not prime, instrument panel lights up (dimly maybe) and I get a solid CEL (from the main relay/ignition being open circuited by the alarm??)

Also, when I arm the alarm, the "brain" makes an unhealthy buzzing sound, it's intermittant and repetitive.

It is a Black Widow 2800 that was installed on the car when I purchased it. There is in inline fuse that appears to be good, it doesn't look like any of the wires cam loose (except for the valet button).

Oh yeah, it only buzzes when the supplimentary battery is plugged in, and the batteries connector is keyed, so I can not have reversed the polarity...

Any ideas? Is it worth trying a new brain ??

Cliff Notes:
*Installed resistor box for injectors
*Installed turbo timer (not hooked up, it's a parallel leg, not hooked into anything, shouldn't be hurting anything)
*Solid CEL
*Fuel pump doesn't prime
*Brain buzzes like a bad relay when arming/disarming the system.

Thanks so much for any experiences you can share.
-PHiZ
Old 03-17-2004, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Black Widow alarm, brain buzzing (PHiZ)

I'd say bad ground.

When you did the engine work, you may have tampered with one one the ground wires and not even realized it. there's a bunch of threads on upgrading grounds in here , try a search for some cool tricks on upgrading the ground paths in the engine bay.

Measure impedance between the neg. post on the battery, and where the alarm is grounded. you should be reading (approx.) less than an ohm or two.

good luck