Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Alarm/trunk/blinker problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm/trunk/blinker problem

Cliffs: 92 cx Python 991
i believe the green/black trunk wire is always grounded. Except the trunk light on dash doesn't illuminate unless the hatch is open.
Alarm works fine. Until blue trigger wire is triggered. Then on disarm, the lcd remote chirps 3 times warning the trunk was open.
After numerous trials and error. Trunk light on cluster doesn't illuminate anymore and blinkers no longer work.

Ok so I'm installing a used (from a friend) Python 991 on my 92 cx. I have an assortment of problems that appeared in a time line. I'll go in order.

Since I've had the car my front driver blinker didn't blink. With the turn signal switch nor the hazard. Both rear and front passenger were fine. Cluster also blinked. New bulb same problem.

Now brings me to today. I finished connecting all the wires for the alarm. I drove to an empty street so not to bother my neighbors while i tested it.

On first arm; doors locked, lcd displayed armed, then i got a warning chirp reading trunk open. I have 3 wires connected to the alarm's trunk trigger. The backup battery, car's trunk wire(green with black strip), and hood pin. I popped the hood and the sirens sounded. Disarmed and rearmed. Same warning. I pop the hatch, no sirens but the trunk light on the cluster illuminates. I then chopped the trunk wire off the alarm's trigger wire. And everything seems in check except for when i disarm the lcd it chirps 3 times saying trunk was open. But arm displays no warning. I then cut everything off the trigger wire and reset the alarm module by pulling the power harness. Plugged it back in. Arm and disarmed displayed no warning. So while armed i touched the trigger wire to the chassi resulting in the siren going off. It then repeated the previous problem. Where armed displayed no warning and disarm chirped 3 times displaying trunk warning. I reset the module and it did the samething.

I then brought my attention to the car's green/black trunk wire. I decided to hook it to the the alarm's door trigger. When arming the lcd displays a warning that a door is open. I began thinking that maybe the green/back wasn't actually the trunk wire. My multimeter is broke so i figured if i cut the wire then the light on the cluster should still illuminate when the hatch was open.

So i pulled out my phone and was going to record a video while i did it so i could post the video instead of writing a huge story. I first wanted to show the trunk light on the cluster lit before i cut it, I hit record and popped the trunk. Except this time the light didn't illuminate. I tried repeating but it never lit up again.

I gave up and drove home. on the way home all my blinkers were out. No clicking or anything.

Right now i'm lost. I didn't even mess with the blinkers at all.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Alarm/trunk/blinker problem

Originally Posted by Rydin
I have 3 wires connected to the alarm's trunk trigger. The backup battery, car's trunk wire(green with black strip), and hood pin.
The hoodpin has it's own wire, a thinner (18-20ish gauge) grey wire on a seperate harness.

The door trigger can be found in the driver side running board as a lime green wire /red stripe. It will be a thicker wire, which when stripped back will reveal alot of insulation. Make sure you are using this for door trigger (green on the alarm harness).

There are more than one green/black wires for the trunk, you will need to test this with a multimeter. That wire may be a solid green as well.

Check to make sure you tapped into the correct red / black striped wire for parking lights.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks. Yah, parking lights and doors both worked fine. My friend who i got the alarm from misplaced all the harness' except the main one. So I had to put the hood pin in with the blue trigger wire. I think it's a problem with the actual alarm brain. I'm going to my friends now to borrow a multimeter.
The trunk is the problem and like you said it's probably a different wire.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:45 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts

On all DEI products, the wiring descriptions are imprinted on the bottom side of the alarm module. All the wires are in order/sequence to the harnesses that attach to the module.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wish I knew that earlier, thanks.
Anyways i found the trunk wire. The green/black was some power wire. It blew my backup light fuse which i found out is for the blinkers and the trunk light on the cluster also....
My alarm/trigger wire is still acting up. On arm no warnings, on disarm it gives trunk open. If i reset the alarm module no warnings. Until i do something to make the sirens go off. Then it displays trunk open on every disarm until i reset it again. I think it's a problem with the actual alarm.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:35 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The problem is the alarm brain itself, could have been caused by connecting 12V+ to a ground trigger, also you can not connect the 520T output trigger to a lead that has a load, [trunk light] without a diode,it will damage the BB trigger circuit.94