Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Alarm installed but not hooked up to oem power locks. HOW TO WIRE IT UP???

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm installed but not hooked up to oem power locks. HOW TO WIRE IT UP???

Hey everyone. I had an Excalibur 1510 2-way alarm installed recently into my 1996 Hatch CX. I recently purchased the vehicle and discovered the owner had done a power window conversion. Now, when I recently had the alarm installed but I had never tested or known that the power locks were also installed (oem actuators and lock contorl box) I didnt know the power locks worked so I told the shop that installed it that it didnt have power locks. So the installer never wired up the door lock entry aspect of the alarm. Now that I know it does in fact have power locks, I would like to wire it up my self since it's a simple wire up. I dont want to go back to the shop to have them do it because they are trying to charge me for that. I have attached the wiring diagram of the alarm. My hatch doesnt have the green radio plug so I cannot wire up through there. I know I must wire it up with the drive kick panel wires. How can I go about this. Which wires coming out of the brains plug go to which wires in the car???!?!?

Old 09-02-2013, 12:11 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Alarm installed but not hooked up to oem power locks. HOW TO WIRE IT UP???

Connect the alarms green and blue leads to the cars door lock leads...

Green - green/white [lock]
Blue - green/orange [unlock

The green/white and green/blue leads can be found in a blue plug in the drivers kick panel. 94
Old 09-03-2013, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alarm installed but not hooked up to oem power locks. HOW TO WIRE IT UP???

Thanks it works.except I think I need a new passenger actuator because it gets power and I hear it but the lock doesn't close. Rods are free and not stuck. As the passenger for can be locked and unlocked manually. Also idk why now the driver door doesn't open from the inside. Opens fine from the outside.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:12 AM
fcm
Old Fart

It sounds like the pass. door actuator is worn out.

Not sure I understand about the drivers door not opening from the inside but does from the outside, do you mean actually opening the door or just unlocking it.

If you mean opening the door itself, I would pull the door panel and check the linkage, I would do the same on the pass. side if you have not already.

You can also test the actuators, by "helping" them when unlocking, pull slightly on the manual door lock **** was you unlock it with the remote, the same when locking with the remote, push on the **** slightly.

If the actuator works with a little help, it is worn out and will need to be replaced. 94
Old 09-04-2013, 05:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got everything working now. I took off the driver side door panel and messed around with the rod and now it operates perfectly. Thanks for all the help!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:58 AM
fcm
Old Fart

YW. 94