Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Alarm Dilema on 96 Civic - Fuse Box Source is taken

Old 05-08-2007, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Dilema on 96 Civic - Fuse Box Sources are taken

I have a 96 Civic Hatch which I did a power door conversion on.

The issue I'm having now is that I used up all the available fuse box outbox slot under the driver side dash.

1) Constant 1 - (20amp fuse) for Driver side power door
2) Constant 2 - (20amp fuse) for Passenger side door
3) Accessory - (20amp fuse) for the power mirrors.

I was wondering where I can relocate these wires or what other sources can i use for accessory and constant? I kinda would like to relocate the power door features because right now the power windows are on constantly roll up and down all the time.

Is the cigarette lighter a good place to hook up all three for power (with the replacement of the cigeratte lighter fuse to a 20amp one)? what kind of fuse setup would i need to keep my cigarette letter working?

Thanks in advance for all your help. I'm learning alot and I'm a electrical noob.. LOL

Modified by JLEK at 10:26 AM 5/8/2007
Old 05-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Alarm Dilema on 96 Civic - Fuse Box Sources are taken (JLEK)

Go to the ignition harness. Use inline fuses of the same amperage rating as what is used on a car that came with power features stock.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Alarm Dilema on 96 Civic - Fuse Box Sources are taken (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go to the ignition harness. Use inline fuses of the same amperage rating as what is used on a car that came with power features stock.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for your respond.

Can I tie them three together along with fuses and tap the ignition wire on the ignition harness? the harness suppose enough power to power the three? -- or do you mean i should go there to power the alarm. please help.

Thanks,
Jonathon

another question is what color is the iginition harness on the 96 civic? i cant seem to find the harness. is it under the ignition cover? because i looked under the dash. please help

Modified by JLEK at 2:18 PM 5/8/2007
Old 05-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton

You can tag all three toghter but when the ignition is off your door locks will not work with the alarm because there is not power for it. And yes there is enough power to run the extra items
Old 05-08-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer-Sti eater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can tag all three toghter but when the ignition is off your door locks will not work with the alarm because there is not power for it. And yes there is enough power to run the extra items</TD></TR></TABLE>

since we are on the topic ... will accessory slot on the fusebox provide enough power to power up the power windows and mirrors?

im planning rewire the following way.

1) group the power door and mirror and use the acc. on the fuse block to power. enough power?

2) wire the power lock to the constant on the fuse block

and ...

please critique.

3) wiring the alarm constant/ignition/acc to the ignition harness for stealth?
Old 05-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JLEK)

There are many place in the car to find power, switch, and ground in the car. I can't really say were I grab mine, bUt it not from the ignition harness. Find them with your dvm
Old 05-08-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

I new to this electrical thingie so .. any wire that i can find a power source at.. whether 12v constant, ignition, or acc. i can tap and use? im just afraid if i take the draw power thru the wire that there wont be enough remainder for whatever the wire is suppose to power up. or is that not a concern?

is there a time when we are trying to pull too much power from a wire?
Old 05-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JLEK)

The alarm is only running with the car off and the item being used is not drawing any power. And most alarms draw less to 10 amps. As long as that circuit has a 10amp fuse orr greater there is not problem. On full stealth alarms were I pull out the dash. Ill use the radio harness to power the alarm. There is 12v, switched, ground, parking lights. All in that harness. On the 98 civics, you get 12v,switched,parking, ground,dome light, door locks. But I get it up in the dash just in case the theif goes for the radio he will see nonething.