Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

2004 honda accord EX-L Navigation System Security Code problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 honda accord EX-L Navigation System Security Code problems

I recently bought this used car. From the start it need a code for the radio/navigation. The dealers never had one and I was informed that I had to
pull the stereo to get the Serial number to take it to Honda. After alot of research on the codes and search for dash/stereo dismantling tips I decided I would tear out
the navigation system...I couldn't get past the first step b/c i was affraid of hurting the beautiful interior.

Then i noticed I could see the Serial number through the cracks between the navigation/cd player and the compartment under it. The serial/part numbers were stuck on the bottom side of the navigation...SWEEET...soo i take it in to the honda place and if you are nice, they will help you out for free as it takes like 1 minute for them to put the codes into the computer.

So I get the code and I try putting it in the car...DOESN"T WORK!!!....WTF...so I go back in and apparently I didn't tell the guy it was a Navigation system....sooo now we put the serial back in and get a DIFFERENT number...thats pretty weird to me but some sort of algorithm makes the numbers prolly. So now we go back and use the touch screeen to put the numbers in...AND what do u know STILL DOESN"T WORK!!!....so the guy explains to me that its prolly someones PERSONAL CODE...and we either have to reset the code somehow or call the original owner.....so he leaves and I continue to mess w/ the stereo.......

I keep trying the code in different ways...this time i try it w/ the ***** on the CD player and VWAHHHLAH......the CD player stereo XM now works w/ the code we got when we put the Serial code and used the navigation drop down option on the computer.......

now we have the stereo working......but the navigation STILL DOESN:T WORK!!!..damn....I don't think I have a CD for it, but it still comes up asking for a code.....We think it needs a personal code or to be reset like I said before, but the tech guy still had to research the issue....I have been trying to research this online for the last few days but I can't find much on it nor do I really know where to look.

IF anyone can help me that would be great links/ideas/etc....and if you are having the same problem or need help finding your code i can try to help you figure it out.......i would definitely try using some sort of mirror or somehting before tearing the system out....unless your really good at taking things apart w/o messing them up(I know I am terrible at that...somehting always breaks.)
Thanks again
Jayce
Old 11-17-2006, 12:12 AM

Default Re: 2004 honda accord EX-L Navigation System Security Code problems (jrjayce)

can anyone help???
Old 11-20-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: 2004 honda accord EX-L Navigation System Security Code problems (jrjayce)

I WORK @ A HONDA DEALER. LOOK IN THE GLOVE BOX AND IN THE TRUNK. WHEN I DO HONDA PDI'S (PRE DELIVERY INSPECTIONS) THATS WHERE WE PUT THE SERIAL NUMBER STICKER. THEN TAKE THAT # TO THE DEALER.

PM ME IF YOU NEED SOME HELP
Old 11-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2004 honda accord EX-L Navigation System Security Code problems (ekferio22)

IT SHOULD BE IN THE GLOVE BOX
Old 11-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

@Ekferio22 yup noramally they are in the glove box but alot of people remove them.

I also work on these Hondas.

To get the Radio code:
Get the serial # from under the radio.
Call the dealership, ask for the radio code for a navi system. they should give a 4 digit code.
Turn the radio on via power ****(left ****)
The little display above the center vents should say CODE.
Turn the tuner ****(right ****) left or right til u get to the first number.
Push the **** in to select.
Repeat for the next 3 #.

To get Navi Code:
Go in the trunk.
Look under the DVD rom
Get the serial #
Call the dealer and ask for the navi code.
should also be 4 digits
put that code in via the Navi screen.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (killa rex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by killa rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">@Ekferio22 yup noramally they are in the glove box but alot of people remove them.

I also work on these Hondas.

To get the Radio code:
Get the serial # from under the radio.
Call the dealership, ask for the radio code for a navi system. they should give a 4 digit code.
Turn the radio on via power ****(left ****)
The little display above the center vents should say CODE.
Turn the tuner ****(right ****) left or right til u get to the first number.
Push the **** in to select.
Repeat for the next 3 #.

To get Navi Code:
Go in the trunk.
Look under the DVD rom
Get the serial #
Call the dealer and ask for the navi code.
should also be 4 digits
put that code in via the Navi screen.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

good info
Old 12-29-2016, 04:39 PM
Trial User

Default Re: 2004 honda accord EX-L Navigation System Security Code problems

I have a 2004 Accord EX. Just today, my daughter's boyfriend helped me out by cleaning my battery terminals. Unfortunately, he disconnected the battery. So I have to enter the anti-theft code to re-enable. I tried (using the original cards I got from the dealer), and they were rejected. I went to the site https://radio-navicode.honda.com, entered my VIN and radio serial number, and it gave me back the same codes I already had! Do I need to disconnect the battery again to reset things? This has always worked the handful of times I've needed to use it before
Old 12-30-2016, 02:25 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeas, I would try a reboot. disconnect the batt. neg. cable for at least 15min, overnight would be better. 94
Old 09-18-2019, 01:03 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by jrjayce
I recently bought this used car. From the start it need a code for the radio/navigation. The dealers never had one and I was informed that I had to
pull the stereo to get the Serial number to take it to Honda. After alot of research on the codes and search for dash/stereo dismantling tips I decided I would tear out
the navigation system...I couldn't get past the first step b/c i was affraid of hurting the beautiful interior.

Then i noticed I could see the Serial number through the cracks between the navigation/cd player and the compartment under it. The serial/part numbers were stuck on the bottom side of the navigation...SWEEET...soo i take it in to the honda place and if you are nice, they will help you out for free as it takes like 1 minute for them to put the codes into the computer.

So I get the code and I try putting it in the car...DOESN"T WORK!!!....WTF...so I go back in and apparently I didn't tell the guy it was a Navigation system....sooo now we put the serial back in and get a DIFFERENT number...thats pretty weird to me but some sort of algorithm makes the numbers prolly. So now we go back and use the touch screeen to put the numbers in...AND what do u know STILL DOESN"T WORK!!!....so the guy explains to me that its prolly someones PERSONAL CODE...and we either have to reset the code somehow or call the original owner.....so he leaves and I continue to mess w/ the stereo.......

I keep trying the code in different ways...this time i try it w/ the ***** on the CD player and VWAHHHLAH......the CD player stereo XM now works w/ the code we got when we put the Serial code and used the navigation drop down option on the computer.......

now we have the stereo working......but the navigation STILL DOESN:T WORK!!!..damn....I don't think I have a CD for it, but it still comes up asking for a code.....We think it needs a personal code or to be reset like I said before, but the tech guy still had to research the issue....I have been trying to research this online for the last few days but I can't find much on it nor do I really know where to look.

IF anyone can help me that would be great links/ideas/etc....and if you are having the same problem or need help finding your code i can try to help you figure it out.......i would definitely try using some sort of mirror or somehting before tearing the system out....unless your really good at taking things apart w/o messing them up(I know I am terrible at that...somehting always breaks.)
Thanks again
Jayce
I had the same problem with the dealership not being very helpful then finally someone told me all the codes can be found on the driver side door jamb. I just started looking for numbers and sure enough they were right there. Good luck. Hope this helps.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:07 PM
Trial User

I didn’t have to pull out my stereo or anything. All the codes were on the stickers on the drivers side door jamb. After going without use of my system for so long it was there all along.