Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Help acura factory alram

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help acura factory alram

My question is how do I fix the stock alarm on a 2001 integra The problem I'm having is that the horn does not go off when the alarm is going off. I can lock the doors using the keyless entry and the lights flash and the system arms itself but the horn does not beep. I can set the alarm off by opening the door after the system is armed and the lights will flash but the horn does not go off. I can press the panic button and the lights flash but no horn. You can hit the horn by using the steering wheel and it works just fine. I have checked and double checked all of the fuses and they all seem to be working. I am at a loss as what to try next.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help acura factory alram

i did it here u guys go
honda and acura

Programming Your Factory Alarm Remote
Storing transmitter codes:
The codes of up to three transmitters can be read into the keyless receiver unit memory. (If a fourth code is stored, the code which was input first will be erased.)

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps. Make sure the doors and the hatch are closed.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

2. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver under the audio unit.

3. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).

5. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver under the audio unit.

6. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.

7. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).

8. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver under the audio unit.

9. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.

10. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).

11. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver under the audio unit.

12. YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE HEARD THE SOUND OF THE DOOR LOCK ACTUATORS! Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button again.

13. Within 10 sec., aim any remaining transmitters (up to two additional ones) whose codes you want to store at the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.

14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and pull out the key.

15. Confirm proper operation of the transmitters.

The instructions seem a bit repetitive but they will properly program your keyless transmitter.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:52 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Help acura factory alram

Originally Posted by cashews
i did it here u guys go
honda and acura

Programming Your Factory Alarm Remote
Storing transmitter codes:
The codes of up to three transmitters can be read into the keyless receiver unit memory. (If a fourth code is stored, the code which was input first will be erased.)

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps. Make sure the doors and the hatch are closed.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

2. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver under the audio unit.

3. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).

5. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver under the audio unit.

6. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.

7. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).

8. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver under the audio unit.

9. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch OFF.

10. Within 1 to 4 sec., turn the ignition switch ON (II).

11. Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the receiver under the audio unit.

12. YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE HEARD THE SOUND OF THE DOOR LOCK ACTUATORS! Within 1 to 4 sec., push the transmitter lock or unlock button again.

13. Within 10 sec., aim any remaining transmitters (up to two additional ones) whose codes you want to store at the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.

14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and pull out the key.

15. Confirm proper operation of the transmitters.

The instructions seem a bit repetitive but they will properly program your keyless transmitter.
Nice write up, but the remote is not the OPs problem, "I can lock the doors using the keyless entry and the lights flash and the system arms itself but the horn does not beep" his problem is no horn output from the alarm.

My guess is the alarms horn drive circuit is toast and I am not sure it is reparable, [not cost effectively anyway]. 94