Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

My 94 Civic EX - build thread!

Old 07-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My 94 Civic EX - build thread!

215hp done with a stock b20 shortblock?
Old 07-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Uh, no. that was 215 on pro 2' s and rs machine itr's. The motor was hurt too...
Old 11-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any Power #s on the new setup yet?
Old 11-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 11-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is this tuned through the exhaust? or open header?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It has two resonators and a turn down just before the gas tank.

Similar to this:

Old 11-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i see. are you pretty happy with the numbers? even though they dont mean much track is what matters. im sure its a real fun car
Old 11-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had higher power goals set originally, but youre right, the only numbers that matter are the ones I get from the track. the car will probably never see a drag strip, so i'll more than likely never know what i runs in a straight line.

i did however weigh the car, weighed 2380 w/me in it and a lil over 1/4 tank (of e85). I later weighed myself, a hefty 190.

i hope to be more involved this coming season, especially if i can get a sponsorship through to work which ill use to pay for the cage work and a better wheel/tire package.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh its on e85? yea i was guessing on your setup it was gonna be in the 230-240whp. thats a pretty light ex my hatch weighed 2080 by itself with my old gsr i had in it nd 2240 with me in it. ur car isnt much heavier at all for having power options
Old 11-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea, its on e85, i wanted to go back to gas, but with the stock sleeves at 85... some would say its a "time bomb". tuner felt it was safer to stay on e85, than go back to 91 or 93 (less common in my area).
Old 11-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea especially if ur gonna be doing auto x being in the higher revs most of the time. i wish we had e85 closer to where im from. closest pump is 45 min away lol. i should be dropping my b20v in my hatch here soon just got the cams degree'd today im curious to see what it does on the dyno but more excited to see what it does on the 1/4 lol
Old 11-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

out of all of my friends, i never got into drag racing, just wasnt my thing.

good luck with your project. ive got an ls block, b16 block and a gsr head i wanna do something with. just cant decide which route ill go, or if ill even run it in this car.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Cpt. xThread
out of all of my friends, i never got into drag racing, just wasnt my thing.

good luck with your project. ive got an ls block, b16 block and a gsr head i wanna do something with. just cant decide which route ill go, or if ill even run it in this car.
thanks its pretty much like ur old setup but wiseco's nd eagles instead of RS pistons. id like to do autox just id be too afraid to do it on stock b20 sleeves lol
Old 11-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont see what sort of issues the sleeves would have during auto-x that they wouldnt have during drag racing, hell, auto-x would probably be easier on them, than drag racing.

i guess ill see how they hold up come April!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Cpt. xThread
i dont see what sort of issues the sleeves would have during auto-x that they wouldnt have during drag racing, hell, auto-x would probably be easier on them, than drag racing.

i guess ill see how they hold up come April!
the way i see it ur putting a beating on ur motor way longer on a auto x track then u would on a 1/4 mile. but good luck with ur car post some vids of it on the track when u get it on there
Old 02-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

which Wilwood Clutch master cylinder did you use? i was looking at the one without the attached reservoir, is there a difference in the 2?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

used the 260-10374 kit, I got it off SummitRacing.

I got the car out yesterday, and ran into some weird issues.

I got on it pretty heavy, and starting getting smoke in the cabin, hint of oil in the air. I got the car home, oil pressure was perfectly fine, I dont think the engine is damaged. However, theres a weird spray pattern in the bay, oil on the bottom of the hood, passenger shock towers, etc. None of the sides of the head or block, dipstick was pushed out of the hole...

I know a friend of mine had a similar issue, on his the dipstick tube where it goes into the block was loose or broken or something and had to be "fixed".

Im not sure where to begin.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dang, near 3 years since I last posted on this, that's amazing.

So in the previous post, I mentioned oil in the bay, turned out to be the dipstick popping out of the tube. So, I rigged up a spring to hold it in. Checked engine vitals, compression and leak down were spot on, so I'm not worried about the health of the engine.

Anyway, car went through changes. Sold ITB's, sold the fake spoon mirrors, sold "bbd" aka manual brakes bullshit, going back to power brakes, reinstalling hvac stuff, instead of itbs, im now using a skunk2 ultra street ported by 4piston, switched to integra skunk2 radiator w/mishimoto shroud kit, & rebuilt the transmission. Had to replace 2nd, 3rd 4th, used a synchrotech master carbon kit, and installed a PIC 4.7 final (my b16 trans was originally 4.4). Decided to pick up a second engine harness from CJS wiring fit the car as well.

Currently being repainted the factory color. New hood, trunk, both bumper covers, and going back to stock mirrors. Ordered a few new parts for the car, thin side moldings, etc, etc.

Ill post pictures later today. Or you can follow progress and other projects on my instagram too:

@b.sanford19​​​​​84
Old 10-13-2016, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Installed 98 Integra Confetti front seats, SIR non-SRS steering wheel & ITR shifter boot.

Decided since I was going to have a harness made for the car to also put my gauges on their own harness, so I started doing that. 1st by adding a 9 pin plug on the gauges themselves. Ive since made the engine harness side, but dont have pictures of it...

Put new foam on the HVAC and blower motor boxes. Cruising in the late fall and early spring was bit too chilly for my wife... so had to add it back.

Converted back to Power Brakes, because the booster delete was a mistake. Will be using 98-01 Integra 1" MC/Booster w/custom bent lines, EK prop valve mounted under the heater core box.

Installed the skunk2 alpha full width radiator w/mishi shroud kit. Lots of cutting, the radiator had to be pushed 1.5" forward due to the PLM Toda Header that Im using.

Rebuilt the transmission, Replaced 2nd 3rd & 4th on the counter, 3rd and 4th on the mainshaft, synchrotech carbon master rebuild kit, PIC 4.7 final drive kit. After tearing my trans down and inspecting, the case was destroyed, so I found a new bellhousing and put everything new in it.

Had to strip parts out of the bay, for the painter.

Finally, something I shouldve done the first time around, I added a 150 AMP inline breaker.

CJS wiring harness. Its his LVL1, w/"prewired" COP conversion & ID1000 injectors. Originally wanted the oil pressure sensor, coolant temp sensor and wideband ground routed through the harness, but it didnt get done. Having this harness built took 6 months, due to unforeseen circumstances from the shop whom I ordered it through. In hindsight, I shouldve ordered directly from Carlos, myself.

reconditioned the wiper cowl using trim paint from oreilly. also use the same stuff on my side skirts and roof rain moldings since theyre not available from honda anymore (if you have a pair of BNIB moldings for the roof/coupe, PM me)

Sold my TWM ITB's in favor of a skunk2 ultra street ported by 4Piston. Im being told that now, the manifold is going to be too "small", we'll see.

Because I sold my ITB's, and went with the SK2 manifold, I had to redo the fuel lines. Im using Vibrant Hose and Fittings -6 in black and a BWR fuel rail. Really didnt wanna use the BWR crap, but its the most low-key, not flashy rail I could find that I actually liked... so, Im using it. Also, using an AEM universal FPR, mounted the firewall.

New belt moldings for the doors, windshield moldings, PWJDM thin sidemoldings. H emblem for the hood, hood prop grommet and holder, new OEM Sir/EX/Si front lip and hardware.

Sold the crappy "spoon" mirrors and went back to stock. Disassembled the mirrors and took em to the body guys so they can do whats needed

And the expensive part, paint and body work.

9/9 we loaded him up and took him to the body shop.

9/27

10/8

10/10

10/12

Body shop said the front was 1" out of square, since the motor was out, it was a 10 minute fix to get it straightened, they noticed it when they were test fitting the hood, fenders and bumpers.

Also, I taught myself to tig over the last few years, I tig'd up a few fittings on my valve cover, had it powdercoated "mirror black" and redid all my lines with actual AN line and new fittings. Two -8 AN off the block, and two -10 AN off the head.

Not sure I showed the battery box I built for this car, but here ya go...

Thats all I have for now.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dang, no interest...?

well anyway the body shop sent me pictures via facebook today. its getting painted tomorrow!
Old 10-25-2016, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome work, in for this one
Old 10-25-2016, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdm_101
Awesome work, in for this one
Thanks dude. I got it back from paint on Friday, been slowly putting a few pieces on here and there. Ill upload the pics to photobucket and post em tomorrow
Old 10-26-2016, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon4 Re: My 94 Civic EX - build thread!

Picked the car up from the painters on 10/21, car is gorgeous.

Loaded up!

The bumper, in direct light.

First things first, get the new honda goodness ready to go on. New badge and Si/EX Lip

Got the AC blockoff, remote terminals and that round plug installed...

hood prop rod, grommet and rod clip installed.

OEM mirrors, new belt moldings & door sash installed

JDM thin moldings in place!

Polished the tails and put those in. They look dull, I believe its just the angle.

Polished the Innovative mounts, trying to decide if I wanna use these are sell em and pick up anodized black mounts.

Also, today I bought a Hero3, Im going to put it in the corner off my shop and record the progress.

Glass guy is coming hopefully tomorrow, getting new windshield installed and my original quarter glass windows put back in.

Heres a few other random pictures, OEM parts and the engine

Old 10-27-2016, 03:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice work mate
Old 10-27-2016, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

great job on the solid work! car is coming a long nicely and well put together!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My 94 Civic EX - build thread!