Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Finally getting my teg build going.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally getting my teg build going.

Hey, guys. I have been saving and spending on finally getting my teg going. She's my daily and it's about time I polish this turd. So first thing first, fixing my transmission the right way. I had replaced third and fourt gear with a ITR set but welded a broken shift fork for the set. I decided to replace the fork and while I was at it give my Exedy clutch it's brother. I added the 9 lb. Exedy flywheel to make this drivetrain get up and go.

OEM vs. Exedy

The difference from before is awesome. To anybody questioning doing the lighten flywheel swap, just do it. Save and spend the cash. It definitely gives back.
Gutted tranny, I tore it down to clean all the flakes and metal fibers the magnet missed.

Thinking LSD swap next year.

Good fork vs. bad warped fork.

Getting it all back together and checking everything to make sure there's no snags.

Anybody willing to work on their tranny too have some patience and use Honda/Acura trans fluid. It's pricey but worth the run.

While I worked on the trans my friend Dave did the suspension work for me. My rear struts had some bad bolts in the back so it needed his welding skills to knock em out. I am only doing coil-overs to it because the shocks are fairly new OEMs. I choose some Meaghan's but rattle canned them aluminum. Yeah, they look like cheap NRG's

Heating the snapped bolt from the rear.

[
New bolt for the rear struts from a GM we had hanging down in the junk pile down the hill from the garage.

Then getting to some body work. I don't do much so Dave did the bondo after I dd the grinding. We started withe the dent in my rear passenger quarter panel. By the way, **** New York snowplows!!! Learn to not snag peoples cars you fat *** salt throwin scumbags. Anyway on to it.

Also i'm going with an Evo VIII wing swap. I seen it and thought "I want it, and I want to do it." Love it, hate it.

Deleted the A/C and I'll be doing a ABS delete. I just need a 40/40 prop valve. If anyone has one for sale let me know.

I'll be doing some sand blasting this week coming to the rear quarter panel because I have a small rust hole that needs fixing. Also sand blasting the front and rear bumper supports. Week after that will be paint. I'm going with a white. I'll be updating as much as I can and trying to keep everything documented. I'll also be using the old condenser fan for an exhaust fan for a small paint booth I'm building in my house for intakes, valve covers and such. I have a T3 turbo I'm also putting into it. I'm still in the process of buying a intercooler, piping, downpipe, and exhaust manifold.

Last edited by Bluesiff; 04-21-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Finally getting my teg build going.

i dig the wing man, its different but looks kinda sick
Old 04-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey man, nice work, not a fan of the wing, but hey to each their own. Do you know Ryan Marl from Auburn? I got to school with him in Morrisville, He had a black EX coupe and now drives a Silver DC
Old 04-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

diggin the pink look. but yea that wing looks like it belongs on a subaru or something. subscribed for more
Old 04-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks good man!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Stoopid
looks good man!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looking good so far, i'm gonna be a follower to see how it's doing.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by my95dc2
Hey man, nice work, not a fan of the wing, but hey to each their own. Do you know Ryan Marl from Auburn? I got to school with him in Morrisville, He had a black EX coupe and now drives a Silver DC
Yeah, it had 15 inch black drags on it with the and the yellow fogs right?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats it, rusty and kinda beat ha,
Old 04-15-2010, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Paint and final body mods this weekend. I just gotta remember to pause in between for pics.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not feelin the BGW but I'll be interested to see how it turns out once the paint is done and wheels are on.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know I skipped some steps here guys but bare with me I have to grab my camera at the shop and I coulnd't wait to show the beauty that is my Miss Integra. I will however have the rest of the photos up this weekend. I'm also really growing on leaving the hatch wingless. I guess somebody else can try an do an Evo convert. I want to thank my buddies Dave, Justin and Chad for the help and hassle. If it weren't for friends like them i'd still be rolling in a turd. Anyways, here's some teasers.

P.S. don't mind the steelies, I still have to paint my CRX rims, Lagoona blue Whoo Hoo and my turbo system may be happening sooner than I thought. Thank you Warehouse job opening, Whoo Hoo again.

And also, thanks for the support and veiws of my thread guys, I don't make much but I don't half ***. I hope you like it.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BTW, yes the side skirts are Mugen. My pal Dutcher tossed them to me when he got wrecked into. And I am very thankful for having them.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice! White always looks good IMO.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks real good. Kudos to you for doing the tranny yourself, I have one and was going to rebuild but then i came across another for a good price... I think the white looks good too, I was thinking about repainting mine at one point but the only color I actually thought I'd like was white. Anxious to see the rest of those progress pics. By the way, nice lip, I used to have the same back in the day

Old 04-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Why put those crap coilovers on stock shocks? You're just gonna have to change it all out again fairly soon. My original shocks were fine at 105K miles when I lowered my car, but I saved up and got Koni Sport shocks to go on with my H&R Sport springs.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
Why put those crap coilovers on stock shocks? You're just gonna have to change it all out again fairly soon. My original shocks were fine at 105K miles when I lowered my car, but I saved up and got Koni Sport shocks to go on with my H&R Sport springs.
I have some Koni's I'll be putting on next year but I'm still debating on going with Buddy Club or Skunk2. I got the coilovers cheap off a friend of mine who sold his B swapped civic for a VR6 Golf. He never got around to throwing them onto the civic. I figure run the OEM shocks this last summer and pull em for next season.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Had some repairs and maintance over the weekend. Plus a few extras.

My new PJDM gear...

I have also made the decision to say no on the wing and go wingless all together. It just looks so sexy without it.

I'm will be in the process of either purchasing my Blox iron cast turbo manifold and Mishimoto intercooler this month. Then my search for injectors, fuel rail, fuel regulator and I want to go with a AEM ECU. I have been recently starting to study night and day on how to flash ECU's. It's just getting back in the habit of memorizing and math equations all day.

Also if anybody has a recommended sight to purchase 4x100 steelys with a wider wheel base please let me know. I slapped on some second gen. teg hubcaps on my steelys and they look great. Photos of that soon and gather the rest of Dave's camera of the nights/days we painted and finished body work on the teg.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got some more goods for the car plus got around to putting on my rims. Hate them or love them I finally glad they're on. I wanted to paint my CRX Dials gold but the local Walmart only had bling gold so olive green for now.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:18 PM
.B
B*a*n*n*e*d

i think your definition of half *** and mine are different.
Nice save on the rice mobile from earlier
Old 06-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OK?