Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

EF5 4g 4wd 4dr

Old 04-09-2016, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just read through the whole thread.. man!! Used about 2 or 3 tissue boxes...

Love all the custom work you've put into it. Really like the USB plug for the Hondata as well, slight chance I might have to steal your idea if thats alright with you haha. Keen to see future updates man!
Old 04-10-2016, 01:08 PM
EFB055

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: EF5 4g 4wd 4dr

Originally Posted by afx31
Just read through the whole thread.. man!! Used about 2 or 3 tissue boxes...

Love all the custom work you've put into it. Really like the USB plug for the Hondata as well, slight chance I might have to steal your idea if thats alright with you haha. Keen to see future updates man!

Glad you liked it man. Steal away, it's super handy.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Won't look as neat as yours, don't have access to 3D printer (yet), so I'll have to see how customizeable I can get lol. Have to find a printer cord with the open end like you have so I can plug another one into it for the laptop
Old 04-19-2016, 06:24 PM
EFB055

Won't look as neat as yours, don't have access to 3D printer (yet), so I'll have to see how customizeable I can get lol. Have to find a printer cord with the open end like you have so I can plug another one into it for the laptop
I think i found mine on ebay for a couple of bucks. If not, check RS components. Big website, so it'll take a while to find what you want, but it's almost a guarantee that they stock what you're after.

Not much to update just yet, but I've got a few things on the way

Old 04-19-2016, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ahh sweet ill have a geese there!

Oooooh Rywire! Baller spec haha
Old 05-16-2016, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn Steve,very impressed mate.

Brilliant.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:21 PM
EFB055

Originally Posted by beeza
Damn Steve,very impressed mate.

Brilliant.

Thanks mate!

More updates coming this weekend... Got my package from the states
Old 05-25-2016, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ~sp33~
Thanks mate!

More updates coming this weekend... Got my package from the states
Oooh rywire baby
Old 05-29-2016, 06:16 PM
EFB055

So, the weekend that i thought was going to be super productive was not that productive.

I've been helping my brother fix up his first car, it's a manual CD accord. Low k's and pretty tidy. Replaced all the fluids, replaced an engine mount, fixed a relay which was causing the radiator fan to stick on and replaced the stupid rubber grommets on the clutch and brake that were preventing the cruise from working... Hopefully it's reliable for him

I was pretty deflated about my US parts though. Opened it up and part of my rywire order was wrong, and the S pipe i sent back to LHT because they didn't modify it correctly the first time came back and it still doesn't fit.

You can see there's a small gap still at the flange, and you can see in the shadow of the pic where it's still hitting...

So instead i just spent the time pulling redundant wiring out of my cabin harness. I still need to find a good ECU wiring schematic. the only one i've got is a PGMFI schematic and doesn't label every ECU pin.

Progress is progress though i guess.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So, the weekend that i thought was going to be super productive was not that productive.

I've been helping my brother fix up his first car, it's a manual CD accord. Low k's and pretty tidy. Replaced all the fluids, replaced an engine mount, fixed a relay which was causing the radiator fan to stick on and replaced the stupid rubber grommets on the clutch and brake that were preventing the cruise from working... Hopefully it's reliable for him

I was pretty deflated about my US parts though. Opened it up and part of my rywire order was wrong, and the S pipe i sent back to LHT because they didn't modify it correctly the first time came back and it still doesn't fit.

You can see there's a small gap still at the flange, and you can see in the shadow of the pic where it's still hitting...

So instead i just spent the time pulling redundant wiring out of my cabin harness. I still need to find a good ECU wiring schematic. the only one i've got is a PGMFI schematic and doesn't label every ECU pin.

Progress is progress though i guess.
damnnn thats a huge gap on the flange! how the heck did they get that wrong..

what obd is it?
Old 05-30-2016, 01:20 PM
EFB055

The gap was 15mm before i sent it back the second time.

OBD0 cabin harness, OBD1 engine harness. Hondata s300 on a p28 i think it is.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The gap was 15mm before i sent it back the second time.

OBD0 cabin harness, OBD1 engine harness. Hondata s300 on a p28 i think it is.
15mm, would thats heaps..

So you need a pinout for the OBD1 ECU? Just google. Or is it something else your looking for, like a complete wiring diagram of car?
Old 05-30-2016, 07:05 PM
EFB055

15mm, would thats heaps..

So you need a pinout for the OBD1 ECU? Just google. Or is it something else your looking for, like a complete wiring diagram of car?
Na for the factory cabin harness that connected to the factory OBD0 PM6. The workshop manuals don't have a full ECU pinout, it only shows a wiring diagram for the PGMFI control system wiring. I haven't had a good google yet, but it seems that my cabin harness has some wiring that the US PM6 is missing which makes it hard.

I just need to spend more time looking at it really lol. Weekends aren't long enough.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Na for the factory cabin harness that connected to the factory OBD0 PM6. The workshop manuals don't have a full ECU pinout, it only shows a wiring diagram for the PGMFI control system wiring. I haven't had a good google yet, but it seems that my cabin harness has some wiring that the US PM6 is missing which makes it hard.

I just need to spend more time looking at it really lol. Weekends aren't long enough.
Tell me about it man... my car is pre much ready to run, just wiring and exhaust, wiring is impossible.. if you google OBD0 ECU pinout theres heaps, run off that and trace wires to confirm where they go. Then whatever is left over trace them, see where they go and take note. Thats what I've been doing, with a multimetre
Old 05-31-2016, 06:21 PM
EFB055

Tell me about it man... my car is pre much ready to run, just wiring and exhaust, wiring is impossible.. if you google OBD0 ECU pinout theres heaps, run off that and trace wires to confirm where they go. Then whatever is left over trace them, see where they go and take note. Thats what I've been doing, with a multimetre

Yeah i did that for most of it. But some of the wiring terminates at the main relay (for example) I need to see a diagram to see whether it grounds elsewhere or whether it's even needed anymore. Another one disappears into my rear cabin harness and i CBF pulling my interior again to find where it goes lol.

I'll just keep googling.

On a plus note Rywire are resending out the correct part to me soon
Old 05-31-2016, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default EF5 4g 4wd 4dr

Yeah i did that for most of it. But some of the wiring terminates at the main relay (for example) I need to see a diagram to see whether it grounds elsewhere or whether it's even needed anymore. Another one disappears into my rear cabin harness and i CBF pulling my interior again to find where it goes lol.

I'll just keep googling.

On a plus note Rywire are resending out the correct part to me soon
If main relay just get the pinout of one, easy peasy. The rear cabin harness would be fuel pump, or maybe a constant power for the brake lights when car is turned off

Hectic, how long till they arrive?
Old 06-01-2016, 02:15 PM
EFB055

If main relay just get the pinout of one, easy peasy.
I wish it was that easy. Haha. The problem really is that i have the pinout for the main relay, but the rywire harness doesn't tap into the wire that goes to the main relay... Which means it's not connected to anything, it just remains connected to my OEM ECU connectors which are left dangling. Is that a problem? Dunno yet.

The rear cabin harness would be fuel pump, or maybe a constant power for the brake lights when car is turned off
The Rywire harness taps into the fuel pump, and everything else i can think of is accounted for. I was reading a MSpaint style wiring diagram yesterday that looks like the early PM6 cabin harnesses had Automatic transmission shift lock wiring provisions. Maybe it's that. I still have to check.

Hectic, how long till they arrive?
Hopefully only a few days, just got the tracking confirmation this morning
Old 06-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wish it was that easy. Haha. The problem really is that i have the pinout for the main relay, but the rywire harness doesn't tap into the wire that goes to the main relay... Which means it's not connected to anything, it just remains connected to my OEM ECU connectors which are left dangling. Is that a problem? Dunno yet.The Rywire harness taps into the fuel pump, and everything else i can think of is accounted for. I was reading a MSpaint style wiring diagram yesterday that looks like the early PM6 cabin harnesses had Automatic transmission shift lock wiring provisions. Maybe it's that. I still have to check.Hopefully only a few days, just got the tracking confirmation this morning
Hmmm.. cause I'm wiring up my fuel pump at the moment.. 1 wire runs from ECU to main relay, and then a seperate wire from main relay to fuel pump.

So assuming the Rywire harness bypasses the main relay and goes straight to fuel pump? Which means it would have to get ignition input from somewhere, to prime/trip the tank.. I think
Old 06-02-2016, 02:36 PM
EFB055

There's more than 1 wire that goes to the main relay.

I'm not too worried at the moment, i just haven't had the time to look at it properly.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There's more than 1 wire that goes to the main relay.

I'm not too worried at the moment, i just haven't had the time to look at it properly.
More than 1 for fuel pump? Should be 1 from ecu to main relay and then 1 from main relay to pump, at least thats what mine is
Old 06-05-2016, 01:51 PM
EFB055

Had a productive day on saturday, despite the hurricane ripping through lol.

I mapped out the wires that remained in my harness and then tackled them one by one with the aim of removing all the redundant wiring out of the cabin harness.

I got through most of them pretty easy. Most of the wires bridged with a ground that splices into the rywire harness, but i found this pretty funny:

This image is the connector that's on the cabin harness, it's hard to map out, but when you look at the rear cabin harness plug...

You can see that there's no wires on the other side of the plug lololol. Looking through the diagrams they're provisions for A/T related wiring, like shift position sensors and crap...

The final thing that gave me grief was the yellow/green wire on the B connector which is signal for the radiator fan relay. I couldn't find any other signal wire for the radiator fan relay so i couldn't work out how the fan relay was communicating with the fan switch on the engine. Turns out the signal that comes from the ECU is A/C related, and the fan switch wiring bridges with the fan switch sensor on the engine to turn the relay on. So pulled that **** out and we're good!

I just need to buy a few connectors and some wrap for my harness to get things tidied up again and i can reinstall.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Had a productive day on saturday, despite the hurricane ripping through lol.

I mapped out the wires that remained in my harness and then tackled them one by one with the aim of removing all the redundant wiring out of the cabin harness.

I got through most of them pretty easy. Most of the wires bridged with a ground that splices into the rywire harness, but i found this pretty funny:

This image is the connector that's on the cabin harness, it's hard to map out, but when you look at the rear cabin harness plug...

You can see that there's no wires on the other side of the plug lololol. Looking through the diagrams they're provisions for A/T related wiring, like shift position sensors and crap...

The final thing that gave me grief was the yellow/green wire on the B connector which is signal for the radiator fan relay. I couldn't find any other signal wire for the radiator fan relay so i couldn't work out how the fan relay was communicating with the fan switch on the engine. Turns out the signal that comes from the ECU is A/C related, and the fan switch wiring bridges with the fan switch sensor on the engine to turn the relay on. So pulled that **** out and we're good!

I just need to buy a few connectors and some wrap for my harness to get things tidied up again and i can reinstall.
Very good sounds like you got it all sorted!! That reminds me, I need to look into the whole fan switch thing as well, I removed the AC loom, but on one of the many wires left to wire one comes from the thermostat housing.. sigh

But good to see you got it all done, its gotten me gee'd to do it again!
Old 07-05-2016, 09:59 AM
kp
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a cool car! The transformation over the years is just amazing.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:53 PM
EFB055

Thanks mate.

Things are still plotting along, i've only been getting a couple of hours a week to work on things, but the harness is nearly ready to put back in the car, so things will start getting a bit quicker once that's done.

A friend of mine has been making some top quality replacement radiator bush replacements, check these out:

Super nice stuff. He's making kits to sell, if anyone is interested PM me and i can keep you updated.

Also i've got a bit of a problem when it comes to brochrues... I bought some more:

Old 07-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks mate.

Things are still plotting along, i've only been getting a couple of hours a week to work on things, but the harness is nearly ready to put back in the car, so things will start getting a bit quicker once that's done.

A friend of mine has been making some top quality replacement radiator bush replacements, check these out:

Super nice stuff. He's making kits to sell, if anyone is interested PM me and i can keep you updated.

Also i've got a bit of a problem when it comes to brochrues... I bought some more:

Looking good mate. The radiator brackets look shmick too! Did Rywire sort the problems with everything?

More brochures woooo! :D

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EF5 4g 4wd 4dr