Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

92 Civic Si Cars and Coffee

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Civic Si Cars and Coffee

I have the urge to start a post about this turd I bought. I have a love affair with the 92-95 Civic Hatchbacks. I fell into peer pressure to get another project that I may never complete but who knows what my future holds. This hatch had a build thread started in 2010, so I feel if by some chance I stay steady and see this through it needs to be shared by this community (for those of us that still visit forums).

https://honda-tech.com/forums/appear...e-bay-2034162/

This was the original thread. I'm not here to blast the previous owner and their work. I have found somethings that just where not up to my standards. They will be fixed so I can move forward with where I would like to see the car. I guess my overall goal of the car is to have a driver car. Right hand drive cars have always caught my eye and are still a conversation piece. I have the car at a close friends shop to shape up the engine bay and respray the bay to match the car. Once the engine bay is ready for me, I plan on completing the brake tuck by bending tube and keep it low. I'm not certain if I want to use a prop valve at the master cylinder like a Chasebay or go with a Honed booster delete and locate the adjustable prop valve in the bay or inside the cabin. I'll make a decision and move forward. I do plan on continuing the K swap and use a K20A2 or Z3 swap I have hoarded away for such a fine example of 90's engineering.

I'm not in a huge rush to complete this car so updates will be far and few. Enjoy.

Day 1 of ownership and traveling to Exotics Motorsports

Removed whatever paint that was sprayed in the engine bay and removing loads of body filler.

Found holes in the metal all covered up by the body filler.

As it sits now in first primer stages.

Last edited by jelcivic; 05-18-2022 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-12-2022, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 92 Civic Si Cars and Coffee

Hell yeah bro,keep up the good work im doing a 92 cx hatchback currently rhd swap cage etc. Go check mine out.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Can't wait to see this EG done right!!! Keep us posted on the updates..
Old 03-03-2022, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A little update. The engine bay was cleaned up and fixed properly. It puts me in a position to move forward with continuing the brake line tuck, removing the subframe to get it powder coated, rebuilding the steering rack, figure out the wiring, etc. The bay came out as good as I could expect. It isn't show quality but is much nicer from where it was. The paint had to be matched so it is different than the rest of the car. I do plan on later respraying the car after I get the car up and running.

Since the car has been at the shop, I've purchased some wheels, brake calipers and added some stuff to the wish list. I'll continue with progress but it may need to ride the bench for a minute. I need to focus on another project so I have a Classic Honda to enjoy for the meet in October at the Tail of the Dragon. I've never been and it's definitely a bucket list thing. I've been hitting the track events for the past few years, I think this will be a nice little change.
Old 10-29-2023, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Update! I sold the car to someone doing a really big build which included a K20R, supercharger and a wide body. They changed direction with the build as the swap was installed and went with an authentic JDM eg. It's still being completed by my guys at Exotics Motorsports. From what I was told about the shell, it was damaged during transport to the new owner and is getting fixed. I hope it gets finished.

I did purchase another hatchback. It's my first Captiva Blue hatch which is all original at the moment. I want to get the vehicle drivable and then continue with a mild engine build, some Mugen/Spoon goodies I had purchased for the RHD car. I'm on the fence if I should continue with this thread or just start a new one. I'll ponder on that whilst I gather a photo dump of the new hatchback and parts to come.
Old 10-30-2023, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jelcivic
Update! I sold the car to someone doing a really big build which included a K20R, supercharger and a wide body. They changed direction with the build as the swap was installed and went with an authentic JDM eg. It's still being completed by my guys at Exotics Motorsports. From what I was told about the shell, it was damaged during transport to the new owner and is getting fixed. I hope it gets finished.

I did purchase another hatchback. It's my first Captiva Blue hatch which is all original at the moment. I want to get the vehicle drivable and then continue with a mild engine build, some Mugen/Spoon goodies I had purchased for the RHD car. I'm on the fence if I should continue with this thread or just start a new one. I'll ponder on that whilst I gather a photo dump of the new hatchback and parts to come.

Start a fresh thread, scrub. Dont want your new ride having anything to do with this shell