Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
I wish i could utilize a turbo style intercooler to feed cold air maybe with a nos shot/fitting on the intercooler to give ice cold air, has this ever bean done or even posible?
Might get a ported head to go go along when i put the stock cams in and bump the boost up i figure a 20hp increase just from the head hopefully it couldbe around 280hp at 9psi boost.
i was talking to a muscle mechanic he said some people are running NOS to cool their Turbo along with water jets and ram and seeing huge results i know this isnt much insight but if it makes ne difference he seemed to know what he was talking about.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by eklum
i was talking to a muscle mechanic he said some people are running NOS to cool their Turbo along with water jets and ram and seeing huge results i know this isnt much insight but if it makes ne difference he seemed to know what he was talking about.
Yea i was thinking about putting a hidden purge in the side of the intercooler to shoot in nos but i think by the time the air reaches through the manifold its warm again but im gonna eventually get the race version water/air cooler for the lht manifold!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well the second stage of the sleaper is in progress so i pulled the motor and rebuilt it and sold it to em11999 but kept the jrsc, to follow the thread click here-
http://www.hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2682351&page=2

I also departed with my mfactory gsr tranny since i was having 5th gear grinds and sold it and picked up a brand new never used usdm itr trans. from acura, this trans should be better anyway, and also my jg b16 redline series head is done ill have pics of the new itr trans and head by monday, the jrsc manifold was sent to lht to be moded and ported and a custom 70mm bore will be done to match my new 70mm tb, i will get the race version heat exchanger but i will have lht custom anodize the intercooler black so its stealth and not to noticed!, i took some earlier advise and sold my red samco hoses and picked up a new set of black samco hoses i did this also because i will be using a b16 head so the gsr hose wouldnt work anyway, i decided to sell the sk2 pro 1 cams and go with a itr/gsr cam combo. the jdm itr header is gone as well and a new buddy club race tri y header will replace it one thing i kept from the jdm itr header was the heat shield and heat shield brackets so i can weld them on my bc header and make it look stock from up top. my moroso oil pan has also arrived. more updates will come when i get some pics up.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 04-09-2018 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

welll some slight change in plans instead of sending my motor out to be built and have to worrie how it will perform over time or how reliable it will be so i sold most everything and decided to build a fresh new itr motor from the dealer so its reliable and will be still a great motor compared to a built one say with rods and pistons ect.. i just want reliability in the end i was tired of the last two motors i had built burning oil so hopefully a new itr motor will treat me well heres what i got in mind:

new ITR head from dealer
new ITR block from dealer
new ITR trans from dealer
cc stg 4 clutch
new b16 jrsc,mvm stepper pulley,b20 crank pulley and 3.8 nose pulley =12psi boost
LHT jrsc manifold with water cooler/ custom ported to 70mm with custom race heat exchanger anodized black
70mm tb
double thermal gaskets on tb and intake manifold
comptech ice box intake
01'' spec itr exhaust cam
01'' spec gsr intake cam
aem adj cam gears
rc 440cc injectors
walbro 255 fuel pump
buddy club race header heat wraped with jdm itr heat shield
buddy club spec 3 catback
hondata s100 should hit 280+hp easily if all goes well.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kHMERxEJ1
clean integra
Old 02-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice clean teg.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got my o1'' spec ITR head from the dealer!* wow his head is real nice i never owned a ITR head before one thing i like is the pocket porting done by the factory i can clearly see the porting in the valve chambers it looks real nice, it should be nice and reliable! enjoy* ill post pics of the other things i got as well like the buddy club header cc sg 4 clutch and 70mm tb samco hoses and my LHT manifold should arrive any day ill keep this updated asap.

Brand new ITR trans out the box!.*

Brand new Type R cylinder head comes with valves and valve springs assembled!

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 04-09-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pix?
Old 03-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ken9
pix?
hey are all my pix not showing?
Old 03-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice car. im in cali too and always on the look out for the cops. but then again cuz your incognito you probally sleep alot better at night knowing the jackers are less likley to get you
Old 03-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got my ek jacked in san yasidro a coupple years back
Old 03-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by owen23
i got my ek jacked in san yasidro a coupple years back
Damn thats the worse place to leave it or bring a honda period! good thing i always keep it garaged and i never leave it somewhere to long or where i cant see it! after the motor is done the third phase will be security its gonna have a gps, kill switch,and top of the line alarm system. i always take my ecu out when i park at my girls house along with the stearing wheal i guess if they come to steal it with there own wheal and ecu most likely it wont run the motor good enough to drive and if it does run i doubt they can drive it normally and if they drive it fast they will blow the motor hopefully then have to bail but hopefully that will never happen im also researching a forieghn steering wheal adapter release so that it will be very hard to find a steering wheal to put on temp. and steel the car! unless they ow it then im fu#@*$
Old 03-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i know i got caught slippin. parked it in a pay lot at the border and went to get some beer in good ol mexico. when i came back it was gone. they paid 25 bucks to drive my baby out of the lot (price of a lost ticket). then the fu**s answered my cell that was in the car. then i almost got thrown in jail at the airport for making terrorist threats (threating to kill the foo's joyriding my whip and talking on my phone). needless to say the next time we went it wasent in my car. but at least were not as bad as ny and jersey. them cats are always getting jacked. im not sure but i dont think low jack works over the border. i think it will just tell you its not in cali anymore.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

yeah i know i got caught slippin. parked it in a pay lot at the border and went to get some beer in good ol mexico. when i came back it was gone. they paid 25 bucks to drive my baby out of the lot (price of a lost ticket). then the fu**s answered my cell that was in the car. then i almost got thrown in jail at the airport for making terrorist threats (threating to kill the foo's joyriding my whip and talking on my phone). needless to say the next time we went it wasent in my car. but at least were not as bad as ny and jersey. them cats are always getting jacked. im not sure but i dont think low jack works over the border. i think it will just tell you its not in cali anymore.
Man, that sucks. Why didn't you just have the police do a GPS cell phone trace? That might could have then identified your car's location. I had thought about getting a second line and phone added to my account for like $10 a month, and hiding the phone under my seat for this very purpose. Poor man's GPS, lol!! Just a thought...
Old 03-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

but tryin not to thread jack here so wunfstgsr like you said.. lots of security, maybe a shifter lock too? as for now i have a fuel ct, alarm, and a sticker that says "protected by shiney metal pipe" (witch i actually have in the trunk). Are the quick releases illegal out here, cuz it would suck for you to get a ref ticket and have to change it all back to STOCK. u ever go to race leagal?

og wagon.... the cops wont do that **** here. hell i had a hard enough time just getting them to file "another stolen honda" report.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

but tryin not to thread jack here so wunfstgsr like you said.. lots of security, maybe a shifter lock too? as for now i have a fuel ct, alarm, and a sticker that says "protected by shiney metal pipe" (witch i actually have in the trunk). Are the quick releases illegal out here, cuz it would suck for you to get a ref ticket and have to change it all back to STOCK. u ever go to race leagal?

og wagon.... the cops wont do that **** here. hell i had a hard enough time just getting them to file "another stolen honda" report.
I might ad a fuel cut but not sure, i dont want to leave nothing in the car they can use against me if caught but i do have a E-m racing c pillar bar that's detachable so i can always protect my self with that! lol anyways i don't think there illegal iv been pulled over before and hey never ask about the momo racing steering wheal so the only concern is safety and god forbid that steering wheal is deadly in the event of a bad accident, I'm afraid of hitting my face if ever a crash but i drive good and not foolishly, only time i ever raced legit was a Qualcom stadium in the 8th mile drag races it was so fun but i was all motor then no jrsc might go some day but this new motor will be taken care of real good. cops are so against moded cars in cali it sucks! but owell.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's some pics of some stuff i got recently like my avid mounts, cc clutch,buddy club race header,ITR valve cover and cf spark cover, ill be getting my new JRSC kit and LHT manifold soon as well as the new ITR block, so pics of those will be up soon as well as the rest of the motors assembly to finish, note* i wont be using the stock cat in the pic bellow ill have a strait pipe, hopefully ill have vids of the tune and some pulls as well as vids of the exhaust and how it sounds wish me luck!

So i got the head back from my friend Noel who does all my head work every time, assemble the rocker arms and lifter assembly since the head comes with only the valves and valve springs and retainers assembled, so he got it done for me the next day for $40! thanks Noel! and i got these aem cam gears from ebay for $40 new lol the seller diddnt like that the colors were off from each other so he diddnt want it on his show car! and so the head is ready to be assembled soon.

Just got my new ITR valve cover in! and i got a cf spark cover and sk2 oil cap to dress it up, new spark plug gromets and vc gasket from the oem head gasket kit are on and the vc is ready for install.

Some goodies just arrived yesterday, ARP fly wheel bolts, new oem vtec sol. gasket,pcv valve,new blox upper ball joint and new lower ball joints,new oem timing belt tentioner and spring.

Got my new CC stage 4! clutch and light weight flywheel for $500 shipped from someone here on ht.

Avid moor mounts! got the installed on the tranny and engine bay and the side motor mount.

Got my custom fuel line in a few weaks ago been lazy to show pics.

Samco hoses!

Here's the new Buddy club race header! its so nice!, compared to my old tri y replica header it makes it look like a piece of trash! this is a quality header when you look close at the design and welds its real nice and for $900 it better perform well! and ill have more pics of the header and updated pics when i heat wrap it and have the tabs welded for the jdm itr heat shield!

Soon ill have pics of the new ITR block from the dealership and new JRSC kit and new LHT manifold and race version heat exchanger that i had LHT custom anodize black for me* to aid in the sleeper theme! so stay tuned.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 04-09-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

On your old setup, what was the cause of the burning oil for those built motors?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by maxboost10
On your old setup, what was the cause of the burning oil for those built motors?
Well the first motor i had about 4 years back made around 198hp n.a and ran great for 2 years and it burned a little oil, not much about a quart more than it should, i believe it was the rings but it eventually spun a bearing when i swapped in a spoon ecu on a race against a n.a type-s, i won but spun a bearing at the end of the track lol but the next motor i built ran good for about 2 years also, but burned allot of oil after a year cause of bad valve seals according to some testing from the leak down, after a year and a half n.a i believe throwing in the jrsc put extra stress on the seals from boosting 5psi, oil build up was evident in the intake valves. now that this head and block is brand new from the dealer i know it will run very efficient and i wont need to worrie about a bad piston install or leaky valves, not to say its not possible with this motor cause if its not broken in properly it can burn oil from the rings not breaking in so at least i have the peace of mind this is as best as is gets, like a old school honda tuner told me "there's nothing that can compare to how a new factory motor runs compared to a rebuilt motor!".
Old 03-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OK so i got my new JRSC in today! its so nice! some of the kit like the manifold pictured and some of the fittings and fmu will be sold with my old kit to maxboost10 because i will use a LHT manifold which should come in soon.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 04-09-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn alot of nice stuff cant wait to see more.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice integra..will be a beast. whered you get the sc from?
Old 03-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice, i barely see any s/c b series runnin around anymore
Old 03-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TeamCS_92si
nice integra..will be a beast. whered you get the sc from?
Thanks!, i got the JRSC from http://www.supercharger.com/

Originally Posted by munky69
nice, i barely see any s/c b series runnin around anymore
Thanks man! i love the b series! its why i dont go K, and the JRSC is a great upgrade for the B series!

Originally Posted by jdm36
damn alot of nice stuff cant wait to see more.
Haha thanks more nicer things coming real soon so stay tuned lol.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

very cool im collecting parts to do this build myself on my thread, been trying to find away to aftercool the stock jrsc intake with laminova coils verse cutting the top of the jackson intake up. good luck with this build. also question ? are you still going to run high compression like befor ? im at the stage of block work and piston choices lol again good luck !

Quick Reply: C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***