Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Back at it again with an EK hatch build

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Back at it again with an EK hatch build

Originally Posted by RMOracer34
This guy may seem sketchy cause of him owning a GTR and a Corvette, but maybe he just has a passion for working on cars. ****, if I was a millionaire.... Believe it or not it, i would still have the desire to build a Honda. And if I was building a drag car. I would for sure not buy brand new OEM parts just to cut it up again for weight deduction. I work in a body shop and have seen cars get cut in half and put back on the street like nothing ever happened.

He could be lying to us for ***** and giggles. Let's just wait and see where the build goes first.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Josip.
What benefits you get when you put Tier3 one piece clutch line?
not sure of the benefit besides it looking better. I needed to replace it since i blew a hole in my oem one when it touched the starter's power wire. Cant complain for a clean $40 fix

Originally Posted by ShinsenTuner
I didn't use the Tier3 but when I converted to a Russel SS line with AN fittings, it was just to clean up the engine bay. It gave me the luxury of laying it any way I really wanted to. I never noticed a huge pedal feel difference since I changed the old fluid and had a new clutch put in all at the same time, but I imagine there's a small difference in pedal feel with just the line changed.
same i didnt notice any difference in pedal feel

Originally Posted by Eddie
Damn that front bumper needs some serious tlc.
haha yea it did

Originally Posted by ssmrico
I really like that clutch line
yea man really made it easy to route since it didnt have a fixed position. $40 go for it!

Originally Posted by ekhatch44
I'm in.... what are the engine plans for the drag build?
was going to go b series with a KLM front facing kit

Originally Posted by Ek93dr
Having trouble believing this whole situation. By the looks of the quality and craftsmanship of your "other toys" I would think the first thing you would do is strip the car down and pull the single cam since you are building a drag car. I am all for someone resurecting a car that needs a lot of work but when your trying to pass off that you own and built these other cars and your first two things you do to your new "drag car project" is buy an eBay shift boot and 20 dollar front lip. Come on man. You have to see how this could be hard to beleive right?
that GTR/ vette property tax put the civic on a slow build status. Its cool if people dont believe me, wont stop me from posting about the honda project on here. Not everyone does big changes in their first week of owning a car. I was gonna have fun with it so did it my own way

Which is why I asked about engine/drivetrain plans.... painting d series valve cover seems to be a waste of time considering it will be pulled out, but not jumping to conclusions... not sure what the timeline is on the build.... I have a tendency to get in a hurry. Maybe OP doesn't and just wants to make it a clean dd at first.
def no time line this was just a spare time project. no rush what so ever and i didnt want to take car apart and have parts everywhere taking up garage space if i didnt already have replacements ready to go in.. make sense?

also.... i'm a sucker for a vsm 96-00 hatch
ayye

Originally Posted by ShinHed
Nah, dude.... I'm with OG Wagon on this one. OP is sketch. If I had the funds to own a GT-R and such a gnarly Vette, no way would my EK build start off as low rent as this.

This bish should be on a rotisserie getting sandblasted, with new OEM parts littering the garage, k-swap in the driveway, Volk wheels in box being used as a table, etc...etc...
lol

Originally Posted by RMOracer34
This guy may seem sketchy cause of him owning a GTR and a Corvette, but maybe he just has a passion for working on cars. ****, if I was a millionaire.... Believe it or not it, i would still have the desire to build a Honda. And if I was building a drag car. I would for sure not buy brand new OEM parts just to cut it up again for weight deduction. I work in a body shop and have seen cars get cut in half and put back on the street like nothing ever happened.

He could be lying to us for ***** and giggles. Let's just wait and see where the build goes first.
amen brother!
Old 03-30-2017, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Update:

well i ended up getting rid of the hatch because no one believed me and critized everything I did with it. I couldn't take it anymore so it had to go!

Lol but no seriously I did get rid of it. I had it raffled off and ended making triple the amount it was worth so you can say I was happy. A buddy of mines was getting out the honda game and gave me a killer deal on his 2000 ebp si with mods and had to jump on it right away. This color blue so happens to be my sons favorite color so i told him this could be his car when he grows up so decided to do a little father and son build with him (even tho it will be with mainly me but keeps the wife happy) I will start a new thread with the si and don't worry I won't mention my other builds and cars in it haha too much butt hurt with that

heres some pics of the new project.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, you gave up on that pretty quick.
Old 03-31-2017, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pooby1992
Well, you gave up on that pretty quick.
haha yea i guess i did. I think i woulda stuck through it if my boys deal never popped up.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

look like a good starting point... lol at the update post.