95 DX Coupe slow daily - Page 15 - Honda-Tech

95 DX Coupe slow daily

Old 03-01-2017, 11:53 AM   #351
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 95 DX Coupe slow daily

Brakes complete aside from new pads 280mm front vs the 238mm stock discs and 260mm rear disc vs the 200.5mm drums... Some more parts too...

heres the rears.. rotors just came in today

knuttveiten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #352
Honda-Tech Member

Looking good!
not_so_jdm_eh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:19 PM   #353
Honda-Tech Member

i appreciate it man!
Old 03-04-2017, 11:20 AM   #354
Honda-Tech Member

Looks great! I want to do a suspension overhaul on mine eventually. I picked up energy suspension bushings and a rear disc conversion already. Keep up the good work!
ej2guy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:16 PM   #355
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man! Definitely worth the work. I cant wait to get it on the road
Old 03-05-2017, 03:24 PM   #356
Honda-Tech Member

Hey guys... i threw my wheels on and set it on some cinder blocks to preload all of the new bushings etc. and cleaned up the exhaust heat shielding since they were all covered in gunk..

Also, for those that have followed the build know that I made a rear "belly" pan or whatever that went from rear subframe to the rear bumper. Some may be skeptical but I honestly believe that it made a pretty big difference in top end. I'll be making an improved version of that soon but went ahead and got started on getting the middle of the underside of the car a little smoother. I was already planning to be running exhaust from header flange to the axle back flange with no resonators etc or additional flanges. That will let me pull the header, axle back, and the exhaust in between separately if needed. And it will let me tuck the exhaust up just enough to clear the exhaust tunnel cover that I made of sheet aluminum. The exhaust will also be heat wrapped to try to keep it from getting too hot in there. I couldnt find my rivet gun to join the two sections so thats why there is a little gap

Still going through my options as far as some kind of panel that goes from the edge of the rear most one that i put in to the back of the rear subframe. once thats done and I get my rear belly pan/diffuser then something for under the front of the car it should be a little more slippery than when it was stock... Anyways, dont bash too hard but let me know what ya'll think about it...
Old 03-07-2017, 05:09 AM   #357
Honda-Tech Member

Worked on some more belly pan ideas.. and found my rivet gun so i could start joining the seams. not much actual progress tho as I need to go grab some more aluminum sheets. Once i get the center (exhaust tunnel) Ill be cutting a piece for each side of the tunnel to smooth out rest of the underside. Going to go pick up a "rivnut" kit so I can have threaded inserts in the undercarriage so I can remove it easily without ending up with a bunch of stripped holes (dont want this thing flying off at 140 lol).

Also used some of the scrap aluminum to work on making the intake inlet a little more efficient. Now the entire passengers side fog light hole is a "ram air" setup that goes to the factory air box that I smoothed the inside of and put a drop in K&N filter and running a 3" aluminum tube to the throttle body to make the most of the design... some might like it, some might say I risk gettin water in there but its not much different from the last setup that I ran for 2 years with no issues at all... its not the prettiest thing and its not finished yet but I think ya'll get the idea

Old 03-07-2017, 05:39 AM   #358
Honda-Tech Member

Hopefully these aren't too many "DIY" type of posts, not sure how into that kind of thing other people are but I'm all about making things myself.. if they work then great, if not then I learn something lol.. Anyways.. I have bought a handful of hondas that were headed for junkyard in the past to strip, chop up and sell any parts that are any good. Well, one of those I chopped up I kept a section that I could use to play around with fiberglass and carbon fiber rear lower pans and/or diffuser ideas.. maybe even make a jig or whatever to be able to make duplicated if others were interested.
I started last night by taking the cut up rear section I needed and scrubbed it down to get all the **** off of it and put it on a pair of saw horses and bolted up a junk bumper.. like this:

next step was to attach a muffler to get an idea of how much room it required under there and use cardboard to block off the places i didnt want the foam to end up..The plan is to get the filler about 1/4" below the lowest part of the bumper, sand it or grate is as smooth as possible and see if I can make a rigid, smooth transitioned carbon rear under pan that starts at the rear of rear wheel wells to block air in that area and keep as close to 100% of air from getting behind the bumper causing the parachute effect.

After work I'll keep messing with it.. My last rear lower pan was made of some pretty heavy metal roof material so even if the carbon fiber or fiberglass doesnt come out right, Ill just make an aluminum one. Not hating on the people who do the holes in the rear bumpers, I just want to make it as discrete as possible as the car will be seeing more street than track but I still want the low-key aero upgrades... cant be having all that race car look with a relatively stock zc vtec... lmao.

Side note: not sure if anyone else is into this kind of stuff but if anyone is interested in dimensions etc to make their own find me on fb "Knut Tveiten" and ill help ya out.
Thanks for checking it out and really curious what people think about these mods so far
Old 03-07-2017, 06:30 AM   #359
Honda-Tech Member

holy crap....you forget about a build for a while, find it again and find all of this crazy stuff happening in here. excellent work! i really like the direction you are taking with this
danteisme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:49 AM   #360
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man! Things started snowballing pretty fast lol. While I'm waiting for some of the bigger things I've just been trying to do some small discrete mods that might help it get down the road a little faster without looking overly modded just to hear "but its a d series" haha. So pretty much just seeing what the ZC can do in relatively stock form. It's already caught some people off guard and it is a good bit of fun.. Check out my youtube channel theres a few races, top speed runs etc..:

I got a couple more steps done on the mold for my rear lower aero panel and the fedex man dropped off my new header.. gotta love shiny new parts..

and the new 1320 performance header....

Old 03-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #361
Honda-Tech Member

Old 03-23-2017, 04:06 AM   #362
Honda-Tech Member

Got the engine in place so i can work on engine harness n plan for the front under tray.. luckily the 1320 header has way more ground clearance than i expected

Old 03-23-2017, 05:41 AM   #363
Honda-Tech Member

Looking good
not_so_jdm_eh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:00 PM   #364
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man! got a few more pics on my lunch break

Old 03-23-2017, 08:07 PM   #365