Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

**skipunk4's mr dc4 2010 refresh - Spoon / Enkei / Innovative / ASC Metal Fab**

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (thrty8street)

I think your car is PERFECT!!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ramtyper19)

also in all the pics of your car I'm admiring your house also I like the the driveway material... Got to redo mine soon
Old 05-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good job..
Old 05-03-2008, 08:10 AM

Default Re: (skipunk4)

i'm inspired keep up the good work
Old 05-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ron M)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thrty8street &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what kind of lug nuts and valve stems are those on the enkei's? </TD></TR></TABLE>
The lug nuts are just Gorilla lugs from Les Schwab and the stem is the factory Enkei stem. I'm just about to order some rays or 5zigen blue lugs. Haven't decided on which yet.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ramtyper19 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think your car is PERFECT!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>
lol thanks, but it is far from perfect.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ramtyper19 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also in all the pics of your car I'm admiring your house also I like the the driveway material... Got to redo mine soon
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Lol thanks again, I wish it was my house, but I'm only 18 and still live at home with the rents lol

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhd-jon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good job.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ron M &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm inspired keep up the good work </TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks dude! I wanna see some progress on your car. It looks sick in your avatar. But I do believe its a DC4 not a DC2

So just a small update here. Nothing big at all, just been needing it for a while so I figured I would take care of it.

So it's from Honda and its a . . .

factory Honda speaker - total cost $16.75

Just a few older pics of the car, before it had the lip and splash guards on. . .

Photoshop is neat!

Keep it fresh HT

Modified by skipunk4 at 10:18 PM 5/3/2008
Old 05-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you bought Type r Lip hardward parts from Acura dealership right?
Old 05-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good bro, nice work for diy on the lip. Keep it up..
Old 05-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (96civic_hb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dredakid05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you bought Type r Lip hardward parts from Acura dealership right? </TD></TR></TABLE>
lol no it was close to a hundred bucks at Acura for all of the screws and clips and such, so instead I went to lowes and spent 4 bucks and used some misc. Honda screws that I had.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96civic_hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks good bro, nice work for diy on the lip. Keep it up..</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks man, I'm pretty happy with how the lip turned out, I still think I might clear coat it some more, but we'll see
Old 05-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, it couldn't hurt. What are your plans for it next?
Old 05-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (96civic_hb)

the clear coat looks crappy cus i think your laying it on wrong. You put clear coat on WET (go over it slowly but not so slow that it will run) What your probably doing is spraying it like you did with the base coat.

if you need more help with it shoot me a pm and ill explain it more in depth
Old 05-04-2008, 07:37 PM
In The Garage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love the car... wheels... very clean
Old 05-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Shawn C)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96civic_hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, it couldn't hurt. What are your plans for it next?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
That was my thought exactly. But at the moment I'm doing some saving so I can get a nice bay tuck and make this thing ls vtec. I might do exhaust first but we will see I was gonna go ls turbo, but with gas prices the way they are I figured I'd stick to something that doesn't use premium fuel

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Random_Monkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the clear coat looks crappy cus i think your laying it on wrong. You put clear coat on WET (go over it slowly but not so slow that it will run) What your probably doing is spraying it like you did with the base coat.

if you need more help with it shoot me a pm and ill explain it more in depth </TD></TR></TABLE>
Hey thanks a lot for the heads up. The clear coat was the only thing I wasn't too happy about. But I did lay it slow and tried to keep it wet the whole time I was laying it, but I'm going to be doing a couple more cans of clear sometime soon so I will shoot you a pm before I lay it on

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Shawn C &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">love the car... wheels... very clean</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks, is that your teg in your avatar?

Well since were on big ol' pg. 2 now I figured I would do a throwback shot just for funs

Before:

After:

Modified by skipunk4 at 11:30 AM 5/5/2008
Old 05-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skipunk4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
That was my thought exactly. But at the moment I'm doing some saving so I can get a nice bay tuck and make this thing ls vtec. I might do exhaust first but we will see I was gonna go ls turbo, but with gas prices the way they are I figured I'd stick to something that doesn't use premium fuel
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hope you will use premium fuel with an ls/vtec setup.. with a higher compression vtec motor you should use fuel that is less prone to detonation i have used nothing except 93 octane in my gsr before and after the tune. Nice work!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:45 PM
In The Garage

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skipunk4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Thanks, is that your teg in your avatar?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, thats mah little battlewagon shes sleepin until i can afford some skunk2 pro1s... stupid expensive car parts....
Old 05-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Shawn C)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 9KRevLimitDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hope you will use premium fuel with an ls/vtec setup.. with a higher compression vtec motor you should use fuel that is less prone to detonation i have used nothing except 93 octane in my gsr before and after the tune. Nice work! </TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm actually still trying to decide on what to do. I am REALLY considering going turbo with a peakboost kit. But we will see. There is soo much to do with either route. But turbo is where the power is

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Shawn C &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, thats mah little battlewagon shes sleepin until i can afford some skunk2 pro1s... stupid expensive car parts.... </TD></TR></TABLE>
looks clean, but ya waiting on parts sucks!

Random pic:

Wake up HT!!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looking good. milano red ftw.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Milano Red DC4 Project** (skipunk4)

Where did you buy the 5oz milno red paint?? I can't even found one over here in San Francisco
Old 05-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Milano Red DC4 Project** (skipunk4)

you like this pic, cos it looks like its about to pounce.......

MR teg's FTW!!!!

Old 05-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I really like those wheels! Nice car too.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Cpt. xThread)

no prob bro, pm me anytime for help

you sure do make me miss my car being MR tho

its thunder grey metallic now
Old 05-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Random_Monkey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KayTran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looking good. milano red ftw. </TD></TR></TABLE>
x2, I got really lucky the paint is soo fresh on this one!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pkdog167 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where did you buy the 5oz milno red paint?? I can't even found one over here in San Francisco</TD></TR></TABLE>
I went to like 3 or 4 different Shucks' and Autozones', they only carry 2 cans at a time and some of them only had one! The color code is 8800955 GL!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bludger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you like this pic, cos it looks like its about to pounce.......

MR teg's FTW!!!!

</TD></TR></TABLE>
lol for sure! It just looks aggressive looking

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cpt. xThread &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I really like those wheels! Nice car too. </TD></TR></TABLE>
lol thanks man I like it too

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Random_Monkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no prob bro, pm me anytime for help

you sure do make me miss my car being MR tho

its thunder grey metallic now </TD></TR></TABLE>
Sorry man, any pics of the thunder gray metallic???

Nothin new just a few pics I took on a nice day

That's all for now folks

Old 05-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this car is turing out perfect!.... where did you get that rear carpet at by the way? good idea, odd i didnt think of doing that ha, now i can have a fresher looking interior!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I went to like 3 or 4 different Shucks' and Autozones', they only carry 2 cans at a time and some of them only had one! The color code is 8800955 GL!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

NVM, Kragen here carry those little 5oz one too. I though in was the 11oz one by looking at the picture.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pkdog167)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Na-Spirit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this car is turing out perfect!.... where did you get that rear carpet at by the way? good idea, odd i didnt think of doing that ha, now i can have a fresher looking interior! </TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks mang! I posted where I got the carpet in your thread GL! let me know how it goes. PM me if you got any ?s

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pkdog167 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NVM, Kragen here carry those little 5oz one too. I though in was the 11oz one by looking at the picture.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Sweet dude. Ya it was a pain that they only have the 5oz cans. It took soo many. That is the only size Duplicolor makes in the milano red. What are you paintin?

Just one more. . .

Mmmmmm milano red
Old 05-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet dude. Ya it was a pain that they only have the 5oz cans. It took soo many. That is the only size Duplicolor makes in the milano red. What are you paintin?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

just lower half of one of my door, it probably take two big cans or about 5 small cans.. and the small one are a lot more expensive then the big one.

Quick Reply: **skipunk4's mr dc4 2010 refresh - Spoon / Enkei / Innovative / ASC Metal Fab**