Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

what vtec conversion kit should i use for my b20v

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what vtec conversion kit should i use for my b20v

im about to bulid a b20v but dont know witch kit i should use: blox kit, golden eagle kit, rull race kit, im not sure witch one i should use. any passed experience info with any of this kit will be greatly appreciated

thank guys
Old 07-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what vtec conversion kit should i use for my b20v

they're all good quality kits imo. my buddy has a g/e kit and has had no problems. i just bought a b20vtec longblock that also has a g/e kit on it. i dont expect any problems from it.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could always piece one together yourself
Old 07-29-2009, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

GE kit comes with everything you need to mate the block and head.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:46 AM

all my friends use golden eagle kits
Old 07-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
all my friends use golden eagle kits
Bwahahahahaha
good one Rob.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:50 AM

wow just seen the blox vtec kit and damn cant those guys come up with anything on there own all they do is copy i mean 99% of there parts are cheep skunk2 ripoffs and now they make a cheep copy of our lsvtec kit what a joke that shop is its shops like them that are killing this industry with there cheep china knock offs but good to see they did a crap job like the rest of there parts oh well you get what you pay for

Last edited by Golden Eagle; 07-29-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i created my own, but i used ge parts. i used the ge dowels, but everything else i peiced together. the ge kit is real nice for the price, but i like to build things myself so i went the other route. i saved money but i spent alil more time in getting the engine done.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:39 PM

Blox also comes with everything you need and theres no machinig required.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow just seen the blox vtec kit and damn cant those guys come up with anything on there own all they do is copy i mean 99% of there parts are cheep skunk2 ripoffs and now they make a cheep copy of our lsvtec kit what a joke that shop is its shops like them that are killing this industry with there cheep china knock offs but good to see they did a crap job like the rest of there parts oh well you get what you pay for
Does the GE sandwich plate send filtered oil to the head or is it unfiltered. It seems like every sandwich plate I've seen sends unfiltered oil. I couldn't see where the GE sandwich plate provides oil from.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by MKTurismo
Blox also comes with everything you need and theres no machinig required.
yes it does but the blox is a cheep china made copy of ours just like all their products. they have no minds of their own and i guess they cant design anything on their own. like i said before you get what you pay for. if you want cheep copied junk made in china use blox. if you want the real deal 100% made in the usa use golden eagle mfg. read Dave's blog from skunk2 http://cms.skunk2.com/id/279/Like-Skunk2-Prologue/
Old 07-29-2009, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by dlaub25
Does the GE sandwich plate send filtered oil to the head or is it unfiltered. It seems like every sandwich plate I've seen sends unfiltered oil. I couldn't see where the GE sandwich plate provides oil from.
yes our sandwich plate supply's 100% filtered oil to your head or turbo what ever you use it for not like a lot of the cheep copies that don't
Old 07-29-2009, 01:32 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Like I tell our locals, you either go golden eagle or ill see you in 2 weeks when that cheap one starts to leak.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GE
Old 07-29-2009, 03:49 PM

in all honesty i never had a customer ask me for any other vtec other than golden eagle. i know for a fact i could make a bigger profit by selling any other name brand but my only worry is the bigger head ache that come from selling cheap ****. dont have a problem with company like blox either it gives the customers that are on a low budget a chance to buy decent parts at a low price..but always remember you pay for what you get.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:08 PM

yes it does but the blox is a cheep china made copy of ours just like all their products. they have no minds of their own and i guess they cant design anything on their own. like i said before you get what you pay for. if you want cheep copied junk made in china use blox. if you want the real deal 100% made in the usa use golden eagle mfg. read Dave's blog from skunk2 http://cms.skunk2.com/id/279/Like-Skunk2-Prologue/
Well thats weird, I haven't heard any bad news on the Blox kit and I can't seem to find any bad reviews through search.
Also $180 isn't cheap in my book but its what I would expect to pay for a complete conv. kit.

Out of curiosity does anyone have any factual information on the Blox kit being unreliable?
If so I would like to see some. Sometimes peoples biased opinions can cloud the overall judgement of good products.., Especially on the internet.
Thanks
Old 07-29-2009, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MKTurismo
Well thats weird, I haven't heard any bad news on the Blox kit and I can't seem to find any bad reviews through search.
Also $180 isn't cheap in my book but its what I would expect to pay for a complete conv. kit.

Out of curiosity does anyone have any factual information on the Blox kit being unreliable?
If so I would like to see some. Sometimes peoples biased opinions can cloud the overall judgement of good products.., Especially on the internet.
Thanks
Do you want bad reviews on all the bad BLOX copys, which would take pages. Or just on the LS/VTEC kit they copied from GE.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:37 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

cough bushings ripping on lca's
Old 07-29-2009, 05:07 PM

Like I said before above, I would like to see a bad review on the B20/V kit (that is the subject of the thread right the b20/V kit).

I could personally really careless about it being manufactured over seas.
The whole buy domestic or else thing is a pointless arguement imo.

Chevy does manufacturing in Mexico, Toyota manufactures in Kentucky.., thats the nature of the global economy that exist today. Just because something is manufactured in Taiwan I dont assume that its of poor quality. HKS, Tomei, Greddy etc. all do manufcaturing in Taiwan.

"It is indisputable now that much of JDM = MIT (Made in Taiwan). Oops. Did I just shatter Humpty Dumpty for some of you? Sorry! But it’s all true!

So, are Skunk2 parts also made in Taiwan (among other places)? Well, what do you think? (But FYI, we also have parts made in EU, South America, Thailand, China, Vietnam, Canada, and the good ol’ USA.)
Quoted from Dave of Skunk2 himself, I read this entire article and found it humourous. The article is very informative but I found it funny how he put the other companies under the spotlight first but then kinda admits and does'nt denie the production of Skunk2 parts in Taiwan and then, list several other countries where their parts are manufactured.

Also he makes the point that alot of OEM parts on Hondas, Toy, Mitsu, and Nissan are manufactured in Taiwan.
Seems like alot of good companies are producing there stuff in China.

It was very informative overall and I just thought I'd share that.

Last edited by MKTurismo; 07-29-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think anyone is disputing manufacturining Taiwan, the problem being highlighted was Blox does not design anything. There R&D is copying others designs. This was graphically seen in two cases: (1) brians intake BPI and (2) the 1st production runs of the P1 cams were copied from skunk2 Pro1 prototypes. Unfortunately, there was a epic thread about 2 years ago where the owner of Blox had to come out and defend himself.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Golden Eagle
Old 07-29-2009, 07:00 PM

interesting.....good info
Old 07-30-2009, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would get the ge kit, i don't trust where blox is getting their headgaskets! ge uses oem honda gaskets.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:30 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by mar778c
I don't think anyone is disputing manufacturining Taiwan, the problem being highlighted was Blox does not design anything. There R&D is copying others designs. This was graphically seen in two cases: (1) brians intake BPI and (2) the 1st production runs of the P1 cams were copied from skunk2 Pro1 prototypes. Unfortunately, there was a epic thread about 2 years ago where the owner of Blox had to come out and defend himself.
Yeah but he also says its all in the companies used. In other words if they do make it overseas in Taiwan there using the best manufacturing plant to ensure quality.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:31 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by kyden
i would get the ge kit, i don't trust where blox is getting their headgaskets! ge uses oem honda gaskets.

Thats another bonus. Honda Stamp right on the box of every gasket. Honda OEM works better than 95% of the other gaskets on the market.

Quick Reply: what vtec conversion kit should i use for my b20v