Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Suggestions Request: California BAR'd Resident: Swap or Stay With Stock?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 08:58 PM
jR_
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions Request: California BAR'd Resident: Swap or Stay With Stock?

Have 4k budget to buy a car, because I live in Cali I have to go CARB legal ha

want to do bolt ons so should I go for prelude and integra area because of the b18 and h22 platforms or should I get an EG and swap because I feel D series not worth it

I would have to get swap BARD by ref and all bolt ons CARB LEGAL. What you guys think will get me more bang for my buck? Any advice offered

update:4k budget just for car cost. Build cost an extra 4-8k as I will be keeping the car for a long time
Old 02-12-2017, 06:48 AM
I like the tuna here

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default re: Suggestions Request: California BAR'd Resident: Swap or Stay With Stock?

An Integra GSR is a solid platform to build on. Stock, it comes with most of the parts most people end up swapping into the Civic chassis, (brakes, engine, sway bars, etc). Source: I have a Civic.

That being said, the EG Civic has the most potential because it's a lighter car. I don't know the used car market there in Cali, but at least here on the east coast, $4k will get you a pretty clean example of any of the cars you mentioned.

The Prelude chassis has the largest engine, but it is heavier than both the other vehicles.

Bottom line, I would pick the platform you like the looks of the most for a street vehicle. For all out drag vehicle, choose the Civic.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:58 AM
jR_
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: Suggestions Request: California BAR'd Resident: Swap or Stay With Stock?

Originally Posted by DumpdEJ6
An Integra GSR is a solid platform to build on. Stock, it comes with most of the parts most people end up swapping into the Civic chassis, (brakes, engine, sway bars, etc). Source: I have a Civic.

That being said, the EG Civic has the most potential because it's a lighter car. I don't know the used car market there in Cali, but at least here on the east coast, $4k will get you a pretty clean example of any of the cars you mentioned.

The Prelude chassis has the largest engine, but it is heavier than both the other vehicles.

Bottom line, I would pick the platform you like the looks of the most for a street vehicle. For all out drag vehicle, choose the Civic.
thanks for replying back and solid advice from your part I just want something to have fun on nothing too quick. I will defiantly be going eg hatch riding stock motor while I build the other block once d series's gives out il swap the built one in. I just need to inform myself more on how to get it bard and what is needed for swap now its if I should go ls,gsr, or b16 maybe even small turbo 5-7psi idk I'm still pretty noobish to the game so I need some more experience as I don't feel confident yet building my own turbo

ps:joined yesterday to go Honda tech so still figuring things out
Old 02-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suggestions Request: California BAR'd Resident: Swap or Stay With Stock?

h22 makes great power for less time and funds. many bolt ons are compliant. dont forget a chipped ecu and a tune as well. easy 200+whp.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Suggestions Request: California BAR'd Resident: Swap or Stay With Stock?

Originally Posted by jR_
Have 4k budget to buy a car, because I live in Cali I have to go CARB legal ha

want to do bolt ons so should I go for prelude and integra area because of the b18 and h22 platforms or should I get an EG and swap because I feel D series not worth it

I would have to get swap BARD by ref and all bolt ons CARB LEGAL. What you guys think will get me more bang for my buck? Any advice offered

update:4k budget just for car cost. Build cost an extra 4-8k as I will be keeping the car for a long time

What part of Cal do you live in? There are areas that are "smog exempt" and do not require smog checks after you get initial for transfer. PM me what part of the state you are in and I can walk you through the process. It's technically legal and totally free.

My EK hatch is registered in one of these areas and there is not one damn thing that is CARB approved on it and hasn't been since 2012 after I bought it. I have a pretty OEM exterior, a quiet exhaust and don't go to the street races, so I never worry about getting my hood popped.

PM me what part of the state you are in and I can walk you through the process.