Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

starting my gsr build up

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting my gsr build up

i am thinking about building up my gsr motor. its stock right now and i was wondering how much will it cost to make zero miles on it.

PLAN: get new b16a pistons and use an ls crank. how much will the machine and installation and all the new seals and gasket will cost me?? first time building up a motor and this is what i have in mind. ?? how much do u people think this is going to cost me or should i just build up the head???
Old 10-24-2003, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: starting my gsr build up (alllgo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alllgo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am thinking about building up my gsr motor. its stock right now and i was wondering how much will it cost to make zero miles on it.

PLAN: get new b16a pistons and use an ls crank. how much will the machine and installation and all the new seals and gasket will cost me?? first time building up a motor and this is what i have in mind. ?? how much do u people think this is going to cost me or should i just build up the head???
</TD></TR></TABLE>

well first off, you need to do some initial bolt ons. Intake, exhaust, 2.5 header/cat, cams, etc. once you get the simple upgrades, your motor will respond better to a built motor. look into some CTR pistons and ITR rods if your keeping it oem.get a honda or mugen headgasket, valvetrain, arp studs. oh and a tuning device like hondata. ROCKET, a member here, has a clever path...

all the stuff ive mentioned is only a simple guide. the extent of your build is up to you and how in depth of racing you want to do.
-Chris
Old 10-25-2003, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: starting my gsr build up (JunIntegra)

i really dont want too high compression. well i just want to know how much the basic block will end up to bee because if it cost too much, i rather just get a fully built head instead and ill be done. i kinda want a new block tho.