Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

skunk2 intake/throttle body install.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: skunk2 intake/throttle body install.

I used a piece of hose about an inch long with a bolt that fit in it snug. clamped both parts of the hose and I have never had an issue. You need a circular flow of coolant through that system, just how I showed you in the pic i edited. thats the only way the system will properly function. hope you get what I am saying. cheers, hope everything works out for ya.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a problem relating to this same topic does anyone have a photo of the intake manifold installed . My engine is going all the way up to 2500rpms. It was 5000+ but I found that the temperature air sensor needed to be plugged. So I threaded a bolt in there. But its hooked up with the stock throttle body and im still getting high idle. Anything anyone can help with please? Pictures videos without the skunk2 throttle body would be helpful. Thank you

Originally Posted by waynesumner
well this is how i think it connects correct me if im wrong! the stock throttle body has an evap connection on the top im going to get a y connector and connect the tubes from the evap canister and have it running to the sensor that is on the back of the stock manifold which will be on the side of the skunk manifold. ok now theres a coolant line on the bottom of the stock throttle body im going to connect it to the tube of the fast idle valve that comes from the idle air valve that should have the coolant flowing to wherever it goes from there i do not know. if you know step by step how to connect the lines to where please PM me i have watched the videos on youtube i have been to other forums i have even asked tuner shops in my area even as far as talking to skunk2 themselves i know it is not near as close to brain surgery or rocket science i could figure it out on my own in time i am sort of a perfectionist and just need to be sure it is the right way. please help
Old 02-18-2017, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Heres what I capped off for my d16y8 IDLE is still wrong, and I am leaking coolant from the back side of the motor and cant see where, but im running a coolant line from the small coolant pipe off the new IM and to the iacv additional pictures to follow