Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Post Your Race Header (Whatever It Is)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post your race header (RMF, SMSP, etc...)

I'd like to see some pictures of some mounted race headers like an RMF, SMSP, AN-R, Rage, DTR/SSR, custom, etc. Motor setup's, dyno numbers, and feedback are a big plus too

I had a Rage header but I had problems with the fitment on my ITR motor so I sold it and am now looking into an RMF or SMSP in stainless.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Post your race header (Fresh EG)

DTR / SSR good people 100% quality
Old 01-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old setup with ProFab...

Old 01-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 01-20-2007, 10:00 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Post your race header (DC4KiD)

cool thread.
old setup with the ANR.

old setup with the profab.

new header , hytech production

my current header, redzone performance side exit

Old 01-20-2007, 10:13 PM

^^^ would love to see a bumper fit that
Old 01-20-2007, 10:15 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

explain to me how a rage header did not fit on an ITR motor? i mean im not being a dick i would just like to know. chris whitfield is a cool enough guy that he would have stood behind it if it was a manufacturer defect.

what did it not clear?
Old 01-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xDEFTONESx)

Damn Mark, that side exit is dope
Old 01-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xDEFTONESx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">explain to me how a rage header did not fit on an ITR motor? i mean im not being a dick i would just like to know. chris whitfield is a cool enough guy that he would have stood behind it if it was a manufacturer defect.

what did it not clear?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I experienced a few problems, the first was getting the flange over the bolts on the head. I took nothing more then some moving side to side to slip them over but it was an extremely tight fit. Second was getting the two pieces together, that was just a major PITA. Third and most importantly the header rubbed the webbing on the front left side of the block badly. In the picture I posted you can kind of see how it is resting on the webbing. I've seen in a few threads people saying they had to shave down their block and I just wasn't going to do that. I also didn't want to take the risk of just letting it sit on the block and have to worry about heat, or cracking or anything of that sort. I was just overall dissatisfied with the header
Old 01-20-2007, 10:40 PM

This should be a good thread

bump!
Old 01-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Post your race header (james p.)

Old 01-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Post your race header (james p.)

RMF Headers

Modified by ATS*EG2 at 5:20 PM 1/23/2007
Old 01-20-2007, 11:05 PM
OG triple OG

Default Re: Post your race header (ATS*EG2)

Old 01-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Post your race header (ATS*Mark)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ATS*Mark &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cool thread.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

nioce what kind of traction bars are those?
Old 01-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it says the name right on the traction bar.....L con.......i will be getting an AN-r street header soon ....bump
Old 01-20-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Post your race header (ATS*EG2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ATS*EG2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> RMF Drag style Headers
</TD></TR></TABLE>

This bay is my inspiration!

I'd like to see more AN-R headers and some Bisimoto
Old 01-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (spoonda9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoonda9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it says the name right on the traction bar.....L con.......i will be getting an AN-r street header soon ....bump</TD></TR></TABLE>

werd
Old 01-20-2007, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

holy crap!! damn i need me a REAL header haha!!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (DevilsSi1481)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DevilsSi1481 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn i need me a REAL header haha!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-20-2007, 11:38 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Fresh EG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fresh EG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I experienced a few problems, the first was getting the flange over the bolts on the head. I took nothing more then some moving side to side to slip them over but it was an extremely tight fit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

this is called PORT ALIGNMENT. it is one aspect of the design that makes it superior. you jsut did not realize that. loose fit means it doesnt line up with the exhaust ports perfectly. think about it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fresh EG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Second was getting the two pieces together, that was just a major PITA. </TD></TR></TABLE>

this, once again, is SEAL. if they fit loosely, it would leak. you once again, just didnt realize that. thnk about it.

Third and most importantly the header rubbed the webbing on the front left side of the block badly. In the picture I posted you can kind of see how it is resting on the webbing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

this is an example of making a sacrifice in the form of 2 minutes with a dremel, so that the header designer doesnt have to make a sacrifice in header design, which in turn sacrifices power.

once again, above all else, i am not trying to be an ******* and make you look stupid. i am just trying to educate you a little bit.

operator error. this header and the others ARE NOT a DC. they fit tightly or a reason. they are bent the way they are bent for a reason. not to be a pain in your ***, but to make power. i would buy that header back, youre not going to find another that will make more power on an ITR motor. unless you talk to randy monroe and get on the waiting list.

hope that helps and i hope youre not pissed off. but, if you post that the header "doesnt fit", then 4 guys read it, they tell 6 buddies a piece and so on so forth, thats how idiotic regurgitated information gets thrown around in the scene and brings it down as a whole.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

All very good points I suppose. I was not trying to knock the header I personally just wasn't willing to shave a motor that took me months and months to save for just to fit a header when I know there are others out their just as good if not better that do not require doing so. The kid I sold the header to was pissed about fitment as well although I did tell him about it, later on I also found out it leaked where the to parts came together but I suppose that could be user error again. None the less I was not happy with it so I sold it, doesn't mean someone else won't love it.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:47 PM
OG triple OG

with that mindset it doesnt sound like you plan on doing any real racing . if your so worried about modifying to get something to fit.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ATS*Mark)

Maybe so but for the price of the header, which I know is nothing compared to some, I was still very unhappy. The header is gone now anyway, so on with some more pictures
Old 01-21-2007, 12:06 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fresh EG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe so but for the price of the header, which I know is nothing compared to some, I was still very unhappy. The header is gone now anyway, so on with some more pictures </TD></TR></TABLE>

just go getcha a ITR header with a 2.5'' collector. thats plenty of header for a mild ITR motor and itll "fit" just fine. oh ****, and its legal.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:08 AM
OG triple OG

yup i made 205whp with a jdm itr header.

Quick Reply: Post Your Race Header (Whatever It Is)