Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Looking for Hondata Tuner in the Bay Area (dyno-tuning)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for Hondata Tuner in the Bay Area (dyno-tuning)

I currently go to Dynospot in San Jose and just wondering if there are other reputable places available where I can take my car for dyno-tuning. I live in Hayward and anything closer would be ideal.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:51 PM
Don't judge or question

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Looking for Hondata Tuner in the Bay Area (EF_LSVtec)

I would love to know too. I heard dynamics in sac does good tuning for only $100/hour. But I just heard that from someone a while back so I don't know what kind of work they do.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try calling DNR performance, they're right off Industrial Blvd. next to Heald College. Used to be the Skunk2 shop if i remember.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for Hondata Tuner in the Bay Area (MattGSR)

Thanks for looking out. I've been there before and I know a few locals but unfortunately, they do not tune hondata. They have a pretty good dyno facility and I'd highly recommend their service but that's as far as their tuning abilities go with regards to hondata. I actually got a hold of Dynolab in San Ramon. I heard a few good things about their shop so I'll check em out next time I go for dyno-tuning... ($150 per hour)
Old 09-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EF_LSVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I currently go to Dynospot in San Jose and just wondering if there are other reputable places available where I can take my car for dyno-tuning. I live in Hayward and anything closer would be ideal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wish that I was that close to DSR...it's a 2 hour drive for me to get there, add in traffic and it's a 2.5-3 hour drive for me.

Austin
Old 09-11-2003, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

don't go to a place just because it's closer.

continue going to dynospot. yes, it's expensive, but you get what you pay for.

i'm not as bad as austin, but i drive from berkeley to san jose to get my car tuned by lawrence.
Old 09-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for Hondata Tuner in the Bay Area (obd2gsr)

i hear ya...i have nothing against dynospot nor lawrence but they're the only shop that I know that tunes hondata, in fact, are the only one that ever tuned my car...I just want something to compare them to. How do I/we really know that they're the best tuner around without comparison?
Old 09-11-2003, 12:53 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EF_LSVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I actually got a hold of Dynolab in San Ramon. I heard a few good things about their shop so I'll check em out next time I go for dyno-tuning... ($150 per hour)</TD></TR></TABLE>

I recomend dynolabs too

frank is the tuner that does all the hondata stuff. he knows his stuff in and out. I trust him with my car.

lawrence is good, but dsr is so damn busy its hard to get his full attention sometimes.

the whole dynolabs crew are good folk
Old 09-11-2003, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Looking for Hondata Tuner in the Bay Area (Bob-DC2)

DSR

Lawrence

In all the times that i have gone there, and all the dynos i have watched I have never seen a car leave without getting some more power or a smother curve. Lawrence knows his stuff and as long as you have the right components then you will be makin more power when u leave !
Old 09-11-2003, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for Hondata Tuner in the Bay Area (Bob-DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bob-DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

lawrence is good, but dsr is so damn busy its hard to get his full attention sometimes.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I'm sayin...Lawrence normally just charges me an hour rate even if it takes him a bit longer to tune my car...but if you actually crunch the time he's on my car without the (phones, walk in customers and other distractions) probably just half an hour plus set up time. Lawrence is a good tuner though, he knows his **** but I don't think he's the best.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:56 PM

We Recomennd Dyno Spot Racing....Lawrence is the man....tell them RS Machines sent you and they will take care of you
Old 09-11-2003, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Looking for Hondata Tuner in the Bay Area (Austin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Austin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I wish that I was that close to DSR...it's a 2 hour drive for me to get there, add in traffic and it's a 2.5-3 hour drive for me.

Austin</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn austin, i thought you lived somewhat close to me, its only a hour and a half from me.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for Hondata Tuner in the Bay Area (chris@allmotor.net)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chris@allmotor.net &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

damn austin, i thought you lived somewhat close to me, its only a hour and a half from me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I do...try driving down after work at 5pm from St. Helena...or on a Friday night It's taken me 3 hours on a couple of occasions, no traffic and it's ~1.5 hours.

I saw your engine on a stand at DSR, looking pretty nice, can't wait to see it when it's all up and running.

RS Machine - if I ever sleeve my block

Austin
Old 09-11-2003, 05:58 PM

to: Irvan. I have proof that their are others who tune better than lawrence. I am one of them and so are others. I keep telling you guys but it is falling on deaf ears. you don't have to go to who tuned my car but at least look around. just because a guy is close does not mean he is good or awesome. sometimes you have to drive a distance. i did and found out a lot on how bad lawrence does not know how to tune, I already knew as my car was running off but the other tuner and the datalogging showed the difference.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for Hondata Tuner in the Bay Area (Bseries)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bseries &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">to: Irvan. I have proof that their are others who tune better than lawrence. I am one of them and so are others. I keep telling you guys but it is falling on deaf ears. you don't have to go to who tuned my car but at least look around. just because a guy is close does not mean he is good or awesome. sometimes you have to drive a distance. i did and found out a lot on how bad lawrence does not know how to tune, I already knew as my car was running off but the other tuner and the datalogging showed the difference.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ahhh...disgruntled ex-Employer of Lawrence again...there is a really long story here. We had a long conversation over IM's last year...too bad I deleted it.

Austin
Old 09-11-2003, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dynospot racing. Ask for Lawrence. He's the tuning masta~
Old 09-11-2003, 06:53 PM

I am not a disgruntled ex employer. I was a friend who Lawrence took my friendship and used it for his own benefit. besides that these guys on here don't know the whole story of what I went through with him just from a tuning aspect that made me second guess Lawrence and found out what he charged me for to do and it was not what I paid for. if all you guys want to hear the truth IM me or email me. If Lawrence thinks he can just get off on doing tunes for people and trying to feed them BS then he's smokin. I am not a hondata tuner but after this crap that lawrence did or tried to pull on me I am getting the equipment and learning more to tune with a laptop to help others the right way and not BS people or try to give the run around. You dug this hole for yourself lawrence. you have not even heard the last from me. you maybe making money on these guys that don't know but when the money comes and goes and you don't have strong ethics and are a back stabber you have nothing. as for you austin you can vouch for him all you want. your the fool keeps that guy going.

Modified by Bseries at 9:31 PM 9/11/2003
Old 09-11-2003, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hahaha sounds like someone is trying to get some customers. However, you are only making yourself look foolish on H-T especially when you have respectable companies like RS backing him up oh this post. Better luck next time! Try a different marketing approach becuase your little idea of bashing him on this post is not working too well. By IM'ing you, people would only get a one sided story which could easily be fabricated to make yourself look good. Good luck with your business. I'm not here to bash you but maybe you should have told people that you also tune Hondata and offer your services instead of coming on here and making yourself look like a little bitch. Have a nice day
Old 09-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Benson, you know Lawrence doesn't read or post on H-T. Lawrence and DSR keep business in shop and not online. Your crap with Lawrence is like 3-4yrs old now, not to mention its all personal crap and has no business being mentioned to others. Your problems have nothing to do with DSR or Lawrences tuning, its all personal ****. GET OVER IT!!!!!

Like I and others have said, if you have a problem with Lawrence, give him a call (you have his number) or say it to him (you know where he's normally at). And before you say you have talked to him already about it, thats bullshit. I insist you contact him to confront your problems to settle this 3yr old crap.

Also by you calling all the people stupid that go to lawrence and back lawrence, your calling 99% of the bay area H-T people and most of the local pro drag, manufactors, etc... stupid. Lets see what you got, cuz from my stand point your just blowing smoke up everyones ***. Lawrence is real and keeps it real with everyone.

Modified by Rboosted717 at 11:35 PM 9/11/2003
Old 09-11-2003, 09:47 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bseries &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> as for you austin you can vouch for him all you want. your the fool keeps that guy going.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
ouch

well, i do agree with the guy above kinda.

the best revenge to lawrence, is to get his customer through good customer service and take his business that way.
u want to be known as a good company that is nice to people, or at least give the impression.

think of the mob, they steal from everyone, but they seem all nice to most people. give candy n stuff to lil nieces n'chit.

lets get this back on track to good tuners!

i dont think the sacramento place, does hondata. do they?

and there is a cheap *** place in chico (nice 3hr drive) that has a dyno
i think there is a guy on h-t that has been there alot, or works for them

[i]edit[i/]there should be a dyno shoot off. i will bring my car that isnt tuned. and both can give a try at tuning it. then who has the fastest car wins.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a really local place to you is DNR performance..

i personally like DSR in San Jose, Lawrence is very good tuner, knows he **** very well. knows hondas and acuras like the back of his hand. to DSR

Lawrence has an all motor integra (B18) that runs really low 11's.. (11.25 best i think).. which is pretty damn good.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for Hondata Tuner in the Bay Area (Downey)

Whoa, this thread got crazy after the first few posts!

This is all too local for me, I have been to Dsr and Dnr (they do not tune Hondata, at the moment) Atp (neither do these guys).

Could someone give me the 411 on that San Ramon shop? Im running a S200 and would like to compare Dsr tuning to another Hondata tuner.

I know so cal has many reputable hondata tuners (most of these tuners really vouch for each others work as well ) but I'm not sure if I have half of a day to burn on just driving there and back home.

Irvin when are you planning to tune? Maybe we can go at the same time?
Old 09-12-2003, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for Hondata Tuner in the Bay Area (Rhetoric)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rhetoric &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Irvin when are you planning to tune? Maybe we can go at the same time? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Not in maybe 2 weeks or so. I'm in the process of converting to obd1 and I'm also saving up for a new header. I have all the parts except for the obd1 clips and I should be getting them this weekend. I'll let you know.

As for this thread...I'm merely asking for suggestions (other local hondata tuners).

Bseries, if you have a list of hondata tuners, I'd be glad to check em out. You can post or email em to me. Lawrence treated me Ok and I have no real issues with his tuning. If you have personal differences, I suggest keeping them to yourself because it makes you look worse. Thanks for looking out though and btw, its Irvin and not Irvan

Can't we all just, get along
Old 09-12-2003, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: You guys got it all wrong (vtecrv)

see like I said, Benson and your new user account, all the stuff you have against him is all personal. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS TUNING or DSR!!!!!!!!

Keep this personal **** off the internet...
Old 09-12-2003, 08:50 AM

Default Re: You guys got it all wrong (vtecrv)

wow...sounds like some one you are jealous of lawrences success...get off this personal **** already, this is a Jerry Springer forum. All personal **** should be kept that way, just cause a few of you had a bad expierence with him( so u say ) then leave it off here. This was a simple question that was asked originally. I'm not the only one on here that think that DSR is a good place to take your car, if they were as bad as some ppl are saying then y is that place packed with cars all the time getting worked on and that dyno gets a **** load of use also! What ever happened with you and lawrence is your problem dont make a big deal out of old ****....talk to him rather than running your mouth off like a little school girl in 4th grade. Dont try and make other think any less of someone untill all the facts are on the table and both parties have a say ! anyways for those who know lawrence know what he's about and that he a really cool guy, always been nice to me. Had a cool time with them up at Infinion this weekend as a matter of fact !

DSR gets my vote

Quick Reply: Looking for Hondata Tuner in the Bay Area (dyno-tuning)