Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Lessons and learning about a new JDM GS-R Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 04:32 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Lessons and learning about a new JDM GS-R Build

Originally Posted by 2LEM1
Too bad, I honestly wasn't attacking him at first.

As you know Shodan, he is FAR from the first person to be warned about low quality replica products. Those of us that have been playing with Hondas for years know how quickly lives can change. It's unfortunate that he felt like we were attacking him or ridiculing him, that wasn't my intention. I honestly was trying to save the dude's life... I guess he thought he knows better than the guys who have seen those cheap seats after an accident.

Anyway, I hope the OP comes back and updates his thread, I didn't intend to derail it that badly. I would gladly delete my posts if he wants to keep this thread on topic, seeing as how it's in the All Motor forum.

If the OP decides he wants to move on and not return to HondaTech, then I hope at least one person saw our comments and was able to absorb what we were trying to warn him of.

Your life and health are not worth saving a few bucks.
If you would be so kind as to delete those posts first, it would seriously be considered a noble effort on your part to show that you meant no harm. I don't want to have to do it if it isn't necessary.
I knew exactly what you were trying to get at, and agree with it whole-heartedly. I just think you went a bit much for his taste. But, some people can be more sensitive than others.

Much obliged
Old 12-30-2016, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShodan
If you would be so kind as to delete those posts first, it would seriously be considered a noble effort on your part to show that you meant no harm. I don't want to have to do it if it isn't necessary.
I knew exactly what you were trying to get at, and agree with it whole-heartedly. I just think you went a bit much for his taste. But, some people can be more sensitive than others.

Much obliged
Well, 93eh2b18c1 got his engine started last night, and it is running like a beast. We talked about the HT forum a little, and it is clear that there is more negative (and in this case useless) criticism than there is constructive commentary to warrant the time and energy to share here. Same reason I don't post on HT: This forum is toxic. I mean, seats? You haven't seen, let alone sat in, those seats. I have genuine Recaros, and I think his knockoffs are more solid to sit in. They also have a more substantial foam and more durable fabric than Recaros. Doesn't mean they are not safe (I am no safer in my sub-2000 lb. Honda at 150 mph with my "real" seats). I doubt he's coming back. Dude spent tens of thousands on his build, and hundreds of hours, yet the forum "experts" want to quibble over BS that, in all likelihood, they've never worked on. Hard to believe that every person on this forum has built more engines, won more races, and schooled the world on B series Hondas like no one else.

Keep up the good work, community. I'll be on the pavement or in the garage, but not here on HT.

Last edited by ForceFed MS2; 12-30-2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:50 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

AND with this "last word" styled rant, we'll just call it a wrap.

G'night everyone. :-)